ND not selling out

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ND not selling out

Postby Bumpers on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:03 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:I was there (sitting next to 1981, perhaps?) and don't recall it being THAT bad. Yuck.

I thought it was fairly well established that the picture is a fake and the BC contingent was shopped out.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bumpers on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:I was there (sitting next to 1981, perhaps?) and don't recall it being THAT bad. Yuck.

I thought it was fairly well established that the picture is a fake and the BC contingent was shopped out.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Boston Domer {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Don't kid yourself. The SEC is the only conference in the country that would even consider turning down ND if they wanted to join. That said, the financial incentives ND used to have to stay independent are rapidly shrinking. The NBC deal isn't worth that much (if at all) more than major conference teams are getting from conference TV deals, and unless they make a BCS game, the bowl money isn't significant, either.

Go Eagles, and Go Mark Herzlich.

:screamyeagle

The television money with NBC is not as significant as it used to be, now that the Big Ten and the SEC have signed mega deals with BTN, CBS, and ESPN. Also the BCS now pays out the same to Notre Dame as it does to schools from the 6 major conferences. Nevertheless, there are still plenty of non-monetary reasons to remain independent.

Also, BC's home fan support is nothing extraordinary either.

You have pictures for every game ever. It's pretty amazing. Show me a picture of Lou Holtz yelling at a ref.

Then show me a picture of Tim Brown holding up the football in the end zone.

Finally, show me a picture of Bo Schembechler prowling the sideline in South Bend.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Boston Domer on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:38 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:You have pictures for every game ever. It's pretty amazing. Show me a picture of Lou Holtz yelling at a ref.

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Then show me a picture of Tim Brown holding up the football in the end zone.

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Finally, show me a picture of Bo Schembechler prowling the sideline in South Bend.

Boston Domer
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium