Shakim Phillips

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Shakim Phillips

Postby bcnyceagle on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Hasn't been mentioned on the injury lists in the news. Is he playing on Sunday?
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Re: Shakim Phillips

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Whatever the case is on Sunday, we're absolutely loaded at WR for the foreseeable future.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 pm

bcnyceagle {l Wrote}:Hasn't been mentioned on the injury lists in the news. Is he playing on Sunday?

Even if he does, it won't be more than a couple of snaps...I have to imagine that Amidon/Momah/Swigert will take the vast majority of snaps at WR.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:37 pm

On another note, Momah took a ton of shit on this board, and yet had a nice season as an outlet for the freshman QB. I hope he comes back for a 5th year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On another note, Momah took a ton of shit on this board, and yet had a nice season as an outlet for the freshman QB. I hope he comes back for a 5th year.

No thank you. Way too much talent to hold back. I'd much rather see Swigs, Larmond, Amidon, Shakim and Coleman (maybe even that new kid they just brought in but don't know anything about him) as our primary wideouts. Between Harris running, Larmonds fly routes and Swigs & co. crossing patters if we have a competent OC we should average over 30 a game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On another note, Momah took a ton of shit on this board, and yet had a nice season as an outlet for the freshman QB. I hope he comes back for a 5th year.

No thank you. Way too much talent to hold back. I'd much rather see Swigs, Larmond, Amidon, Shakim and Coleman (maybe even that new kid they just brought in but don't know anything about him) as our primary wideouts. Between Harris Andre Williams running, Larmonds fly routes and Swigs & co. crossing patters if we have a competent OC we should average over 30 a game.

Fixed.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

No thank you. Way too much talent to hold back. I'd much rather see Swigs, Larmond, Amidon, Shakim and Coleman (maybe even that new kid they just brought in but don't know anything about him) as our primary wideouts. Between Harris running, Larmonds fly routes and Swigs & co. crossing patters if we have a competent OC we should average over 30 a game.

A lot of those guys played this year and Momah was the second target for Rettig after Swigert. Bring him back. And I will pass on Ami-tripovergoalline-don thanks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

A lot of those guys played this year and Momah was the second target for Rettig after Swigert. Bring him back. And I will pass on Ami-tripovergoalline-don thanks.

I'll pass on Ifeanyi stone hands Momah too, thanks.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:38 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Everyone says that, and yet, the freshman QB kept looking to him. I say keep him, since Rettig plays QB, not commavecarage.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby WarEagle on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:39 am

Just pondering, but If we came out in a 5 wide set at any point next year, which 5 receivers would be out there?

I'm guessing Amidon, Larmond, Swigert, Phillips, Momah?
WarEagle
Carney Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:57 am

I'd imagine Momah will be back. I think his hands have gone from granite to a hardened clay, which is an improvement. He gives us a certain amount of size that the other WRs don't have and he can toss DBs while stalk blocking.

Using him more situationally might be more effective
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:13 am

i didn't think that momah could come back. I thought he was here for 5 years already.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Whatever the case is on Sunday, we're absolutely loaded at WR for the foreseeable future.

If by "loaded" you mean that we have many, I agree.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:02 am

I hope Shakim is 100% and has been sprinting and working like a mad dog and blows by the Wolf Pups and catches two TD's in the Hungry for a Title Bowl in 120 years.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:24 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Whatever the case is on Sunday, we're absolutely loaded at WR for the foreseeable future.

Not only is there a lot of talent, most have proved they can play at this level.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby SignalDeafeningNoise on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:25 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Otherwise CL III has the other "loaded" covered.
I, myself, am anxious to see the "Steer-it-up/One-love" 1-WR set designed not so much to score as it is to make defenses hungry for Go-go Tacitos at the 7-11 after the game. I overheard Tranq say once that the play always makes him feel Irie...
Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, but it expresses a courage little seen in this day and age...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4OPr_QxoFg
SignalDeafeningNoise
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Everyone says that, and yet, the freshman QB kept looking to him. I say keep him, since Rettig plays QB, not commavecarage.

Yeah, he also didn't have what will be our #1 receiver next year in Larmond. Momah simply won't see the field next year. It's going to be Larmond and Swigs #1 and 2. No point in keeping him. He had 14 receptions in 9 games with Rettig as QB. Doesn't qualify as "kept looking to him", unless you meant look at him and then passed to someone else.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Yeah, he also didn't have what will be our #1 receiver next year in Larmond. Momah simply won't see the field next year. It's going to be Larmond and Swigs #1 and 2. No point in keeping him. He had 14 receptions in 9 games with Rettig as QB. Doesn't qualify as "kept looking to him", unless you meant look at him and then passed to someone else.

14 catches was a lot of catches during the Rettig administration. He barely threw for 1000 yards.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:rettig completed 86 passes to the proper team (and 7 to the team in the other uniforms). that means the defensive end was responsible for 16% of rettig's completions (14/86).

it should also be noted that momah had more receiptions and yards than any wr not named swigert.

I bet this means he had a bunch of targets too. Does that qualify as "looking at him"? HOW MANY HOCKEY GAMES HAVE YOU SEEN?!?!?!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby SignalDeafeningNoise on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:rettig completed 86 passes to the proper team (and 7 to the team in the other uniforms). that means the defensive end was responsible for 16% of rettig's completions (14/86).

it should also be noted that momah had more receiptions and yards than any wr not named swigert.

I bet this means he had a bunch of targets too. Does that qualify as "looking at him"? HOW MANY HOCKEY GAMES HAVE YOU SEEN?!?!?!

well, one was out for the year, one was high all the time and looking at the empty stands, one was hurt off and on, one had some huge games before disappearing/showing up with cases of the drops...

i have not seen any hockey games but i am certain that aaron ward is a clubhouse cancer

High and TWEETING about empty stands and Go-Go Tacquitos from 7-11. They're delicious. Wait...what was the question?
Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, but it expresses a courage little seen in this day and age...

SignalDeafeningNoise
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:38 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

well, one was out for the year, one was high all the time and looking at the empty stands, one was hurt off and on, one had some huge games before disappearing/showing up with cases of the drops...

i have not seen any hockey games but i am certain that aaron ward is a clubhouse cancer

Targets as in "thrown to Momah but incomplete" not "other guys to throw to". Way to ruin my barb at cag.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:00 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Targets as in "thrown to Momah but incomplete" not "other guys to throw to". Way to ruin my barb at cag.

that's what you get for quoting me to make fun of someone else. your irresponsible quoting has really gotten out of hand.

ps - your counterbarb also points out that stone hands also dropped a lot of balls

But I wanted your stats...the alternative seemed like a lot of work plus I'd have to read Baldwin's whiny crap again.

pe.nis.es. Sure there were drops, but plenty of targets are incompletions for other reasons. And my argument centered around Rettig "looking at" Momah, not whether Momah should see the field (which he will and should).
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

^ That.

Also, I don't think Clyde Lee III (to avoid confusion with the other two) is that bad. Somebody tell me why/if I'm wrong.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Receiving Statistics
For General TRE:

NAME REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Bobby Swigert 36 494 13.7 63 4
Alex Amidon 14 320 22.9 67 (TD) 2
Ifeanyi Momah 19 296 15.6 40 3
Chris Pantale 27 291 10.8 31 1
Johnathan Coleman 14 260 18.6 44 0
Clyde Lee 14 144 10.3 31 (TD) 1
Montel Harris 18 112 6.2 36 (TD) 1
Lars Anderson 10 71 7.1 30 0
Sterlin Phifer 5 35 7.0 22 (TD) 1
James McCluskey 3 32 10.7 21 0
Jordon McMichael 3 30 10.0 18 0
Andre Williams 2 10 5.0 11 0
Shakim Phillips 1 9 9.0 9 0 -- Wasted a whole year..wow..injuries and when he was not ready, you redshirt him..wow
Totals 166 2104 12.7 67 13
Passing Statistics
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Chase Rettig 86 161 1117 53.4 6.94 6 7 115.3
Dave Shinskie 46 96 618 47.9 6.44 5 6 106.7
Mike Marscovetra 34 58 369 58.6 6.36 2 4 109.6 Arm strength
Totals 166 317 2104 52.4 6.64 13 17 110.9
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

^ That.

Also, I don't think Clyde Lee III (to avoid confusion with the other two) is that bad. Somebody tell me why/if I'm wrong.

He made a couple nice catches against Weber St. and Kent St, that is why you think he not that bad. Then completely disappeared when it came to playing any real teams.*

*I'm using "real" very loosely, since that term include Wake, Dook and UVA

This disappearance coupled with his :seanwilliams tweets is frustrating because those catches showed his natural ability, natural coordination, not to mention he has speed. So what's the problem then? Well maybe its route running, blocking? I dunno but clearly something is keeping him from contributing and it really looks like its a work ethic thing, since route running can absolutely be worked on and improved.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby Casey on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}: This disappearance coupled with his :seanwilliams tweets is frustrating because those catches showed his natural ability, natural coordination, not to mention he has speed. So what's the problem then? Well maybe its route running, blocking? I dunno but clearly something is keeping him from contributing and it really looks like its a work ethic thing, since route running can absolutely be worked on and improved.

One thing I've seen is that he plays timid. Not a fan of cutting into crowded area, doesn't use his body, and doesn't battle for balls.

Go back to the Syracuse game, Rettig threw a deep ball to the endzone. lee had the DB beat and on his hip pocket, with himself between the defender and the ball. For some idiot reason, Lee turned away, tried to basket catch it low, and let the defender leap in front of him and just get a finger on it. If lee just kept his hands up and good position, it was an easy TD.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby SignalDeafeningNoise on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:44 am

Casey {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}: This disappearance coupled with his :seanwilliams tweets is frustrating because those catches showed his natural ability, natural coordination, not to mention he has speed. So what's the problem then? Well maybe its route running, blocking? I dunno but clearly something is keeping him from contributing and it really looks like its a work ethic thing, since route running can absolutely be worked on and improved.

One thing I've seen is that he plays timid. Not a fan of cutting into crowded area, doesn't use his body, and doesn't battle for balls.

Go back to the Syracuse game, Rettig threw a deep ball to the endzone. lee had the DB beat and on his hip pocket, with himself between the defender and the ball. For some idiot reason, Lee turned away, tried to basket catch it low, and let the defender leap in front of him and just get a finger on it. If lee just kept his hands up and good position, it was an easy TD.

I remember him making one or two great catches early on, but these were on out patterns. You're right when you say he plays timidly. Less weed, more speed! (and heart)

SignalDeafeningNoise
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Although he is our only WR with ACC level talent, after watching him yesterday, I know he doesn't play much.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Although he is our only WR with ACC level talent, after watching him yesterday, I know he doesn't play much.

He is not good. Gives up on routes and runs the wrong route about 1/2 the time
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:21 am

In the presser, Daz said he is finally healthy (hamstring). This probably explains why he did not play against Colorado St and looked terrible against Clemson.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium