Hafley, Hafley, Hafley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hafley, Hafley, Hafley

Postby DaveSpeed on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Rutgers lands Miles Shuler from New Jersey who had offers from Oklahoma, Florida, Penn State, ND and many other top flight programs. This will open the flood gates for RU. Yes, BC recruited Shuler and this thread is not to compare BC to RU and how the kid will suck under Schiano. This goes to show you what happens when you are committed to winning. Wait, ALJ cleared admissions at BC, hooray, that makes the merrymen feel so much better and we can all fantasize and rationalize that BC is doing a wonderful job. Hey, we have a bright recruiter in Day, he's working his tail off. He's handsome, young, can relate to the recruits and made a huge call against UNC in the Midas Bowl. My friend emailed me this from rivals:

"Jeff Hafley coming on board helps because Hafley was working those guys at Pitt. Pitt wasn't a finalist for Huggins for many different reasons. They were in it for Royster, but kind of behind South Carolina and Rutgers."

Now that the dead period has quickly rolled in, Shuler may go from playing the part of recruit to recruiter.

"Miles being in constant contact with Savon will help," said Farrell. "Royster is not the talker. He's not a guy that picks up the phone and chats with everybody. But Huggins and Shuler talk a lot. I think it's just going to make things more comfortable for Huggins especially. The familiarity with Rutgers was already there. Now, you throw in Shuler who he knows very well, a high profile kid. You throw in Hafley who is one of his favorite coaches as a recruiter and I think it's difficult for everybody else to beat Rutgers."
DaveSpeed
Carney Hall

Re: Hafley, Hafley, Hafley

Postby jumboeagle on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:45 pm

and GS is still the coach. Therefore, RU will still suck, despite UD/HSJ's hysterics.
jumboeagle
n00b

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah, as i said in the other thread, when Rutgirls starts winning games I will give a shit about what they do recruiting.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm pretty sure the sudden boom of Jeff Fahey (don't bother correcting it) discussions means we have a new category of EO Weirdo. Congratulations, and welcome Random Assistant Coach Weirdos.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:52 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:I'm pretty sure the sudden boom of Jeff Fahey (don't bother correcting it) discussions means we have a new category of EO Weirdo. Congratulations, and welcome Random Assistant Coach Weirdos.

They assistant coach weirdos bring CONTENT so i kind of like them.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby jumboeagle on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:14 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:I'm pretty sure the sudden boom of Jeff Fahey (don't bother correcting it) discussions means we have a new category of EO Weirdo. Congratulations, and welcome Random Assistant Coach Weirdos.

Been here before you but unlike most, I have a life. It is amazing when you check the number of posts per "subscriber", don't you think?
jumboeagle
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:11 pm

What is this?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:What is this?

Someone pointing out that Jeff Hafley was a good recruiter right after he left the Panthers staff and joined Rutgers.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Miles Shuler had 43 career catches for 410 yards and no touchdowns.

Hafley's recruiting was overrated in 2010 - what does this bode for our incoming classes?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Someone pointing out that Jeff Hafley was a good recruiter right after he left the Panthers staff and joined Rutgers.

His first class has not been very impressive ( yes it is early).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Its too bad jumbo elliott only posted here a few times, we could have used a few dozen more of his hundreds of kids.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Not sure I agree with that.

Burton, Asbury, Steele, J Williams (WR) have all shown a lot of promise. Williams could be the next Zay if he stopped dropping the damn ball. Lytton has been really good.

Lots of other guys from 2021 are seeing the field this year.

I think it will end up one of our better classes when all is said and done.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

? You have 4 regular contributors / starters on D in CJ, Asbury, Steele, & ezeiruaku.

Jalen Williams will be a starting WR next year

And we have a rock solid K
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Burton, Asbury, Steele, J Williams (WR) have all shown a lot of promise. Williams could be the next Zay if he stopped dropping the damn ball. Lytton has been really good.

This is some top notch analysis: Williams is a great WR despite the fact that he can't catch the football.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

This is some top notch analysis: Williams is a great WR despite the fact that he can't catch the football.

I said “Could be”, but yeah

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:49 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I said “Could be”, but yeah

I will give you Lytton, but the fact that the others play on this terrible team isn't saying much.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:22 pm

The fact that none of those players bar Williams and maybe the kicker would have played a meaningful down but for a litany of injuries, especially in light of how generally poor the team was overall, completely supports Domingo's argument that the freshman class had an underwhelming impact.

Perhaps the recruiting gurus, like so many on this board, bought into the Hafley Hype uncritically?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium