Confirmed: Jeff Hafley hired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Confirmed: Jeff Hafley hired

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Signed his contract today... with Rutgers. Just what Schiano needs.. better recruiting. Don't know what title yet. Ciarocco or something like that is gone. One or two other moves to follow.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Confirmed: Jeff Hafley hired

Postby h2o on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Confirmed: Who cares?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby DaveSpeed on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Pernetti had enough of the crap and made a huge move for RU. He has to keep fans in the seats and their fanbase was growing more restless by the day. Hafley is going to shit on BC. Please refrain from giving me "we recruit a different type of kid" crap. Gene should have been all over Hafley and then some.
DaveSpeed
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:49 pm

DaveSpeed {l Wrote}:Pernetti had enough of the crap and made a huge move for RU. He has to keep fans in the seats and their fanbase was growing more restless by the day. Hafley is going to shit on BC. Please refrain from giving me "we recruit a different type of kid" crap. Gene should have been all over Hafley and then some.

This. I don't get how all these programs are constantly trying to find ways to improve themselves. While, GDF's grand plan for growing BC is the loyalty of cheap coaches.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DaveSpeed on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Word on the street is that Hafley just got married to a Pittsburgh chick and she didn't want to stray away too far from family. I wonder if the thought to bring Hafley aboard even crossed GDF's mind. I guess the clam rules all and GDF didn't want to bother.
DaveSpeed
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:07 pm

DaveSpeed {l Wrote}:Word on the street is that Hafley just got married to a Pittsburgh chick and she didn't want to stray away too far from family. I wonder if the thought to bring Hafley aboard even crossed GDF's mind. I guess the clam rules all and GDF didn't want to bother.

New Brunswick ain't that close to Western Pennsylvania. What about Frank Cignetti Jr? Think that move has crossed his mind? Because it has Schiano's and they are working overtime right now to get it done. Don't know if it will happen, but it won't be for lack of trying. Which is in stark contrast to the apathy of our own program.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Saveagle on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:19 pm

All is well
Saveagle
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Who's that? Jeff Fahey in disguise?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Signed his contract today... with Rutgers. Just what Schiano needs.. better recruiting. Don't know what title yet. Ciarocco or something like that is gone. One or two other moves to follow.

MOTHERFUCKER, how obvious a move was it to hire this guy. We all saw it,thank god we know Schiano will coach'em down and fuck things up again. I love how Shady said that this losing year was an aberation and not the one good season.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 pm

And this confirmed shit has to end, it got my hopes up.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:And this confirmed shit has to end, it got my hopes up.

CONFIRMED!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 pm

when rutgers starts winning games i will start giving a shit about what they do. The rape helicopter doesn't do it for me.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Pitt recruited a lot of good Jersey players the past couple of years
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DaveSpeed {l Wrote}:Word on the street is that Hafley just got married to a Pittsburgh chick and she didn't want to stray away too far from family. I wonder if the thought to bring Hafley aboard even crossed GDF's mind. I guess the clam rules all and GDF didn't want to bother.

New Brunswick ain't that close to Western Pennsylvania. What about Frank Cignetti Jr? Think that move has crossed his mind? Because it has Schiano's and they are working overtime right now to get it done. Don't know if it will happen, but it won't be for lack of trying. Which is in stark contrast to the apathy of our own program.

Since OJ doesn't like bumping all the inside info that turns out to be true (like HCRE to MD)... I have to do it myself.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Since OJ doesn't like bumping all the inside info that turns out to be true (like HCRE to MD)... I have to do it myself.

Fuuny, I just commented on a thread where you were CONVINCED that Leach was going to end up at Maryland. Really hard to be right when you CONFIRM contradictory statrements.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Fuuny, I just commented on a thread where you were CONVINCED that Leach was going to end up at Maryland. Really hard to be right when you CONFIRM contradictory statrements.

The statements are only contradictory if you are an idiot or participate in selective memory. For the only poster crusading against the posting of rumors and inside info... I think the answer is both.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

The statements are only contradictory if you are an idiot or participate in selective memory. For the only poster crusading against the posting of rumors and inside info... I think the answer is both.

No crusade. Like I said 20 times (but you don't seem to understand). I couldn't care less about posting of rumors, but I will call it like it is and tell you that you are an idiot when you CONFIRM something with no basis in reality (Suntrup decommitting) or claim you were RIGHT on something (Edsall to MD) even though you confirmed at least one other coach prior to mentioning the one that was actually hired...after the news was out already, I might add. Yup, you really had your hand on the pulse of the Maryland situation!
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:No crusade. Like I said 20 times (but you don't seem to understand). I couldn't care less about posting of rumors, but I will call it like it is and tell you that you are an idiot when you CONFIRM something with no basis in reality (Suntrup decommitting) or claim you were RIGHT on something (Edsall to MD) even though you confirmed at least one other coach prior to mentioning the one that was actually hired...after the news was out already, I might add. Yup, you really had your hand on the pulse of the Maryland situation!

Once again... OJ unequivocally proving his idiocy and frequent practice of selective reading.
HJS {l Wrote}:QUICK OJ CLOSE THIS POST IT CONTAINS RUMORS!!!!

Speaking of Maryland... I hear that the Leach thing (which was the AD's hope) ain't happening. I hear that there is a very strong likelihood that this will be HCRE's landing spot if MD is willing to pay his $2mm buyout.
by HJS on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm

I'd like to note that if Leach really got the job, this post from Wednesday for which OJ claims ignorance woulda been regurgitated more times than OJ enters into :slapfight
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:No crusade. Like I said 20 times (but you don't seem to understand). I couldn't care less about posting of rumors, but I will call it like it is and tell you that you are an idiot when you CONFIRM something with no basis in reality (Suntrup decommitting) or claim you were RIGHT on something (Edsall to MD) even though you confirmed at least one other coach prior to mentioning the one that was actually hired...after the news was out already, I might add. Yup, you really had your hand on the pulse of the Maryland situation!

Once again... OJ unequivocally proving his idiocy and frequent practice of selective reading.
HJS {l Wrote}:QUICK OJ CLOSE THIS POST IT CONTAINS RUMORS!!!!

Speaking of Maryland... I hear that the Leach thing (which was the AD's hope) ain't happening. I hear that there is a very strong likelihood that this will be HCRE's landing spot if MD is willing to pay his $2mm buyout.
by HJS on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm

I'd like to note that if Leach really got the job, this post from Wednesday for which OJ claims ignorance woulda been regurgitated more times than OJ enters into :slapfight

Go ahead and ignore your post that gave Leach the job just a day or two before that one (which you pulled away from and chose candidate number 2 after it was clear that your first "insight" was wrong).
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 pm

I challenge you to find one article or blog entry before Sunday that (a) claimed Leach was not a candidate or (b) HCRE was a frontrunner for the job. Christ, Friday Leach freaking interviewed and there were a trillion articles about how well it went and how it was down to him and Mahlzan. Just admit, OJ, that your existence (on the internet or otherwise) is meaningless.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I challenge you to find one article or blog entry before Sunday that (a) claimed Leach was not a candidate or (b) HCRE was a frontrunner for the job. Christ, Friday Leach freaking interviewed and there were a trillion articles about how well it went and how it was down to him and Mahlzan. Just admit, OJ, that your existence (on the internet or otherwise) is meaningless.

Lets see, here's one from Dec 26 that says the Leach rumor might be losing steam and postulates that Edsell has a chance:
http://www.testudotimes.com/2010/12/26/1897581/maryland-terrapins-coaching-search-profiling-edsall-sumlin-and

and here's one from 6 days EARLIER that questions whether Leach is a legit candidate:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/maryland_terps/blog/2010/12/leach_to_maryland_is_not_decided.html

Well that took like 2 seconds.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Like reading your mind.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I challenge you to find one article or blog entry before Sunday that (a) claimed Leach was not a candidate or (b) HCRE was a frontrunner for the job. Christ, Friday Leach freaking interviewed and there were a trillion articles about how well it went and how it was down to him and Mahlzan. Just admit, OJ, that your existence (on the internet or otherwise) is meaningless.

Lets see, here's one from Dec 26 that says the Leach rumor might be losing steam and postulates that Edsell has a chance:
http://www.testudotimes.com/2010/12/26/1897581/maryland-terrapins-coaching-search-profiling-edsall-sumlin-and

and here's one from 6 days EARLIER that questions whether Leach is a legit candidate:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/maryland_terps/blog/2010/12/leach_to_maryland_is_not_decided.html

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Not only do those articles not come close to saying "(a) Leach was not a candidate or (b) HCRE was a frontrunner for the job", but neither even says what you claim.

Well, at least I now know that your crappy reading comprehension skills aren't selectively applied to just my posts. If you weren't such a miserable prick, I'd feel sorry for your stupidity. I guess this is why you don't try to post anything substantive... because you can't.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:21 pm

And then just a couple days shy of 9 years later, we finally got around to hiring him. I guess this means HJS called it.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 am

adamrv from downtown!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John