ESPN's Preview of Boston/Gameday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

ESPN's Preview of Boston/Gameday

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:32 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=4516925

Surprisingly, I think they actually do have somewhat of a clue.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: ESPN's Preview of Boston/Gameday

Postby BCMcG on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Not bad. Too much Harvard.

Club Passim? Not sure that would make my Top 100 places to go in Boston.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:Not bad. Too much Harvard.

That was my main complaint. They kept saying how going to BC was worth it because you could check out Harvard.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 pm

When BC scores, listen in to your neighbors to see if they can remember all the words of the Eagles' complex fight song "For Boston!"

Complex?
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
When BC scores, listen in to your neighbors to see if they can remember all the words of the Eagles' complex fight song "For Boston!"

Complex?

To FSU fans it is- Their most sophisticated chant involves groans.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby auggiebc on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 pm

I read this quote 10 times and still have no idea what it means.

"Football games bring all those ACC fans from there, but they'll come back for everything else. In their towns -- Raleigh, Clemson -- there's nothing really to do but football. Everything evaporates once all the ribs are eaten." -- Dave Nugent, nose guard for the Eagles (1983 to 1986; aka the Doug Flutie years)
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

Complex?

To FSU fans it is- Their most sophisticated chant involves groans.

Zing.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:24 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:I read this quote 10 times and still have no idea what it means.

"Football games bring all those ACC fans from there, but they'll come back for everything else. In their towns -- Raleigh, Clemson -- there's nothing really to do but football. Everything evaporates once all the ribs are eaten." -- Dave Nugent, nose guard for the Eagles (1983 to 1986; aka the Doug Flutie years)

It means that I'll make frequent trips to places like Clemson, Blacksburg, Raleigh, Tallahassee to watch BC play football. And I might honestly travel to Clemson one year for a game that doesn't involve BC. But I'm not going back there for a random weekend in the winter/spring/summer.

ACC fans might make their first trip to Boston to see their team play in the fall. And they'll realize that they missed so much of the city because the focus of their weekend was about football that they might make another trip to Boston in the spring or summer to see more.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm

You don't need a student ID to get into the Mods. Nor do you need a friend to get in. You just need to be 21 or able to climb fences once the cops show up at the entrances.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:54 am

How about them saying "Boston College isn't in Boston...."

This is BS, it is amazing how little the rest of the country knows about BC. Part of the campus happens to be in Newton, but Chestnut Hill and Brighton are both parts of BOSTON!!!! Chestnut Hill is not really a suburb, its technically an uncorporated municipal entity that encompasses parts of three separate municipalities. One of which happens to be Boston. Also part of the campus is also in Brighton (PART OF BOSTON). Sure part of it is in Newton but that doesn't mean it's not in Boston. If part of the whole is in Boston, it's in BOSTON!!!!

Also if I hear someone call us the Golden Eagles again I will flip.. This guy didn't do it but I know he probably wanted to.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

That is what gets me - true the academic buildings are in Newton (and thus why people say BC is not in Boston), but last time I checked, the stadium is in Boston.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:56 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:How about them saying "Boston College isn't in Boston...."

This is BS, it is amazing how little the rest of the country knows about BC. Part of the campus happens to be in Newton, but Chestnut Hill and Brighton are both parts of BOSTON!!!! Chestnut Hill is not really a suburb, its technically an uncorporated municipal entity that encompasses parts of three separate municipalities. One of which happens to be Boston. Also part of the campus is also in Brighton (PART OF BOSTON). Sure part of it is in Newton but that doesn't mean it's not in Boston. If part of the whole is in Boston, it's in BOSTON!!!!

Also if I hear someone call us the Golden Eagles again I will flip.. This guy didn't do it but I know he probably wanted to.

To follow this up. ALUMNI IS IN BRIGHTON Alumni Stadium, home of the Boston College Eagles football team (Brighton, MA). So that is in Boston!!!
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:That is what gets me - true the academic buildings are in Newton (and thus why people say BC is not in Boston), but last time I checked, the stadium is in Boston.

I just wrote that! You are 100% right so is conte.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:59 am

You know what else pisses me off? What the hell is with all the lint when I put my clothes in the dryer?!? I'm REALLY FUCKING TIRED of cleaning the lint filter out! Why do I get so much goddamned lint if I wash t-shirts that are three years old?!? IT'S INFURIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:02 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:You know what else pisses me off? What the hell is with all the lint when I put my clothes in the dryer?!? I'm REALLY FUCKING TIRED of cleaning the lint filter out! Why do I get so much goddamned lint if I wash t-shirts that are three years old?!? IT'S INFURIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I hate that!!!
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:You know what else pisses me off? What the hell is with all the lint when I put my clothes in the dryer?!? I'm REALLY FUCKING TIRED of cleaning the lint filter out! Why do I get so much goddamned lint if I wash t-shirts that are three years old?!? IT'S INFURIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I hate that!!!

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 am

I hate when it's apparent that the previous 4 people who used a drier in my apartment building didn't clean out the lint trap. WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?

Also, why is it that after 3 years of wearing/washing clothes, they still produce lint? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK THREADBARE!?!?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

I hate when it's apparent that the previous 4 people who used a drier in my apartment building didn't clean out the lint trap. WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?

Also, why is it that after 3 years of wearing/washing clothes, they still produce lint? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK THREADBARE!?!?

What's even worse than that is when you've had jeans for 3 years and they fit perfectly but all of a sudden you take them out of the dryer and they've srunk. WTF!!! Why shrink now?
Last edited by NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:12 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

That is a fire hazard, you may want to find another residence before it burns down...
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:12 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:

You know what just STEAMS ME TO NO END?!?!?! The fact that I share this board with COMMONERS who DO THEIR OWN LAUNDRY!!!!

I mean, why don't you have a personal valet who can work with your estate's general manager to PROPERLY SCHEDULE private transport of laundry to a service?!?!

SO BASE!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am

BC in boston or not in boston, who really cares? Does "Boston" always mean the land area of "Suffolk County?"

If I get a group of friends from High School together and invite them to hang out in Boston with me, and we spend the entire weekend in West Roxbury, I think they'd be a little pissed at me. "well, technically, we're inside Boston city limits ..."
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:14 am

talon {l Wrote}:BC in boston or not in boston, who really cares? Does "Boston" always mean the land area of "Suffolk County?"

If I get a group of friends from High School together and invite them to hang out in Boston with me, and we spend the entire weekend in West Roxbury, I think they'd be a little pissed at me. "well, technically, we're inside Boston city limits ..."

Yeah they would be.. But it's the same with NY. If I was invited to NYC to hang out but spent the whole time in Statin Island I would really be pissed, but I'd still be in NYC..
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

You know what just STEAMS ME TO NO END?!?!?! The fact that I share this board with COMMONERS who DO THEIR OWN LAUNDRY!!!!

I mean, why don't you have a personal valet who can work with your estate's general manager to PROPERLY SCHEDULE private transport of laundry to a service?!?!

SO BASE!

I should clarify - my valet complains to me about the laundry facilities.

I apologize I discuss such things with my valet - I used to have an assistant for that, but had to let them go due to the economy.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

SO BASE!

I should clarify - my valet complains to me about the laundry facilities.

I apologize I discuss such things with my valet - I used to have an assistant for that, but had to let them go due to the economy.

We all have to make sacrifices. When I heard that Reverend Mike is now eating domestically-produced caviar, I didn't even scoff.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium