Parking for Gameday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Parking for Gameday

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Nothing official but I'm hearing good things from Houston about Saturday's parking situation. I'll let you guys know tomorrow when finalized.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Parking for Gameday

Postby BCDF22 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:52 pm

It will be interesting to see how well they think this through. If I have a Shea tailgate pass, and they let me park on Shea at 9 so I can go to GameDay, when will they let me back on Shea? Will it be 12:30, as it should be, so I can set up, or will I be treated as a "pedestrian" and have to wait till 1, then have to set up and lose all that time...? :gun
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm guessing that they will let you park, but you will be handcuffed and walked to the gameday set upon putting the car in park. the handcuffs will be removed at 12:30 pm - 3 hours before kickoff.

i'm only warning you to have your tickets on your person when you park. you will need them to get onto shea field and will be handcuffed before you have a chance to grab them

Sadly, I doubt you are too far off with this assessment. They will probably let people with parking passes park on campus early but not allow tailgating until 12:30. Violators will have their passes revoked.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:08 pm

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:It will be interesting to see how well they think this through. If I have a Shea tailgate pass, and they let me park on Shea at 9 so I can go to GameDay, when will they let me back on Shea? Will it be 12:30, as it should be, so I can set up, or will I be treated as a "pedestrian" and have to wait till 1, then have to set up and lose all that time...? :gun

If they want to hold true to that 30 minutes rule, they could easily stamp people's hands as they leave shea field to head to Gameday.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
BCDF22 {l Wrote}:It will be interesting to see how well they think this through. If I have a Shea tailgate pass, and they let me park on Shea at 9 so I can go to GameDay, when will they let me back on Shea? Will it be 12:30, as it should be, so I can set up, or will I be treated as a "pedestrian" and have to wait till 1, then have to set up and lose all that time...? :gun

If they want to hold true to that 30 minutes rule, they could easily stamp people's hands as they leave shea field to head to Gameday.

do you have any idea how much handstamp kits cost?!?!?!?

i think they should use nametags. most of the nexus perusers will be wearing one anyway

if handstamp kits are too expensive, they could get Chewbanka to make teh juice. That shit isn't coming off w/out paint thinner.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm guessing that they will let you park, but you will be handcuffed and walked to the gameday set upon putting the car in park. the handcuffs will be removed at 12:30 pm - 3 hours before kickoff.

i'm only warning you to have your tickets on your person when you park. you will need them to get onto shea field and will be handcuffed before you have a chance to grab them

Did I post about that yesterday?
True story. Once Shea is cleared of people, the police literally handcuff the gates until the end of the 4th Quarter.

I posted about the Gameday thing yesterday and they said it will be finalized the latest by tomorrow. But, as I said yesterday, the KEY question will be whether they will allow walk-ons onto Shea at 12:30 or 1:00.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

do you have any idea how much handstamp kits cost?!?!?!?

i think they should use nametags. most of the nexus perusers will be wearing one anyway

if handstamp kits are too expensive, they could get Chewbanka to make teh juice. That shit isn't coming off w/out paint thinner.

we all know wookies can't make teh juice - that case was desmithed

maybe they could provide their "gasson level donor" certificate

The GDC (Gasson Donors Certificate) has an invisible ink stamp that indicates which Masonic sign the holder must make when presenting.
I would loan you mine but I think the crowd would be aghast at you jerking off in public.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:01 am

HJS- You're right, that will be the crucial decision. I have a Shea pass, and Im not going to give up that 30 mins to go see Gameday. Ideally, they will let us park on Shea at 9 am, and then return to our cars at 12:30 so thins are status quo
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Word on Parking?

Postby BCDF22 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:32 am

People calling BC are being told that the lots are NOT in any way being opened early for Gameday and that thins will be status quo. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I will be beyond pissed if this is the case.
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Re: Word on Parking?

Postby eagle1331 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 am

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:People calling BC are being told that the lots are NOT in any way being opened early for Gameday and that thins will be status quo. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I will be beyond pissed if this is the case.

Somebody posted on ATL's site that they are going to open the lots early for gameday (no tailgating allowed), then shut them back down and open for 1230...
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 am

Everyone is lying. There is a noon meeting that is being conducted as I post. The meeting is to make a final decision on parking for Gameday. A press release will be issued (prolly around 2 or 3) informing of the decisions made.

So... anyone who is saying anything right now sucks more than bclou (who doesn't think we ever went into a Prevent D against Wake).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:37 am

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:HJS- You're right, that will be the crucial decision. I have a Shea pass, and Im not going to give up that 30 mins to go see Gameday. Ideally, they will let us park on Shea at 9 am, and then return to our cars at 12:30 so thins are status quo

only if you are the first person in line
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:38 am

Does it ever not rain when FSU comes to Boston? Seriously... we have the worst effing weather for these games.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Does it ever not rain when FSU comes to Boston? Seriously... we have the worst effing weather for these games.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm trying to decide who benefits more. BC, because FSU's passing game could suffer or FSU, because our running game could suffer. It's hard to throw a wet football and its hard to make cuts when you are running on wet artificial turf. Anyway, it's the GranPa Bowl featuring Bowden, Mickey Andrews, Tranq and Spaz. AARP is the sponsor.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 am

Hopefully our baby rapists will be earning their cheeseburgers and move that SPEED from F$U
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Does it ever not rain when FSU comes to Boston? Seriously... we have the worst effing weather for these games.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm trying to decide who benefits more. BC, because FSU's passing game could suffer or FSU, because our running game could suffer. It's hard to throw a wet football and its hard to make cuts when you are running on wet artificial turf. Anyway, it's the GranPa Bowl featuring Bowden, Mickey Andrews, Tranq and Spaz. AARP is the sponsor.

You'd think it would have a more deleterious effect on them, but since they have beaten is each and every water-logged game at BC, I am beginning to think otherwise.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 pm

It rained the day Quinton porter spotted FSU 14 points?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm

talon {l Wrote}:It rained the day Quinton porter spotted FSU 14 points?

Yes.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:

Yes.

worst start to a football game. EVER.

the only good thing about that game is i banged this hot 5'11" blonde broad after the game. yikes, now i sound like 81...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Everyone is lying. There is a noon meeting that is being conducted as I post. The meeting is to make a final decision on parking for Gameday. A press release will be issued (prolly around 2 or 3) informing of the decisions made.

So... anyone who is saying anything right now sucks more than bclou (who doesn't think we ever went into a Prevent D against Wake).

Correct.

EDIT: Somebody beat me to it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:

Yes.

worst start to a football game. EVER.

the only good thing about that game is i banged this hot 5'11" blonde broad after the game. yikes, now i sound like 81...

Nice catch. I hope a lot of people show up for GameDay in spite of the rain. That would be embarrassing for the school if no one was there.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:07 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

Thanks for posting this. BC has taken very reasonable steps to facilitate those few Shea Field parkers who want to stand outside and wave at a TV camera for 2 hours. There is probably a direct correlation between being wise or mature enough to earn the dough that allows one to donate the amount to park at Shea Field and being able to recognize that only the young will stand around for 2 hours waving at a TV camera. I bet there aren't 350 people from Shea Field who go up to the TV thing, and those that do are the people with small kids.

BC should give out free gold shirts to any fan that goes up to the dustbowl for gameday. Show up before 10am, get a voucher. at noon, redeem the voucher for a free tshirt.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:12 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

Thanks for posting this. BC has taken very reasonable steps to facilitate those few Shea Field parkers who want to stand outside and wave at a TV camera for 2 hours. There is probably a direct correlation between being wise or mature enough to earn the dough that allows one to donate the amount to park at Shea Field and being able to recognize that only the young will stand around for 2 hours waving at a TV camera. I bet there aren't 350 people from Shea Field who go up to the TV thing, and those that do are the people with small kids.

Are there even 350 people on Shea to begin with these days?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 pm

campion {l Wrote}:I rounded up. I just think that Gameday appeals to students and to young kids (pre-college). Its not really going to have the whalepants lining up on More Drive at 10 AM.

Claver, what is the buzz on campus? I recall in '05 it was highly anticipated and people were talking about it all week. I saw the Heights didn't even bother to put it on the front page..maybe Thursday's edition?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:01 pm

People are definitely talking about it, more than they were my freshman year when it came for basketball. I have been talking to the president of UGBC about ways to get the word around for those people living under a rock and haven't heard about it. The problem was it wasn't officially announced until late in the afternoon on Sunday and the paper comes out on Monday, we all know how unreliable the Heights is, they probably had some big sustainability piece they wanted to run. Look for something about it tomorrow.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:they probably had some big sustainability piece they wanted to run. Look for something about it tomorrow.

No, this week is the annual "I Hate the Newton Bus" column.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Everyone is lying. There is a noon meeting that is being conducted as I post. The meeting is to make a final decision on parking for Gameday. A press release will be issued (prolly around 2 or 3) informing of the decisions made.

Read the website link. The official decision is exactly what was posted on ATL's and ref'd by my post this morning.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:16 pm

eagle1331 {l Wrote}:

Read the website link. The official decision is exactly what was posted on ATL's and ref'd by my post this morning.

Are you serious? I said a meeting was occurring at noon today where a decision was to be made and that a press release disclosing the decision would be issured around 2 or 3. The press release went out at 2:30pm. Essentially, every little thing I was told played out. Before the noon meeting no definitive decision had been made. I was the one who posted on Monday that school was considering it. But, before the press release, no one knew what would happen... those who claimed to "know" didn't and were just speculating.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium