OT: Tufts revisiting Bowers v. Hartwick

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OT: Tufts revisiting Bowers v. Hartwick

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 pm

Still really the only place to go on Friday/Saturday, but during the week in my senior year everyone was at Kells(Wed)/An Tua Nua (Thurs)
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:I'm an '04 grad, and by the time I graduated I already thought the classes behind me were progressively nerdier. Maybe people get less nerdy during college, I don't know.

I think the class of 05 almost put Mary Ann's out of business because they stopped going so much on weekdays. True story. Or at least I heard some facsimile from Chris the doorman drunk downtown one night.

Was that the same year MA's got in trouble and could no longer accept out-of-state ID? The kids essentially boycotted after that because not all of their friends could get in.

This was my year in '06. Apparently they got caught with underage kids over winter break. We had to bring passports in so people stopped going during the weekdays until late April.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hasn't it been scientifically proven that the y2k bug may not have caused problems with computers around the world, but is directly responsible for the nerdification of boston college.

so first the nerdification was around 96, now you are implying around 2000. what is it? this is important i need to know.

full nerdification was the result of the y2k bug. nerdification was well underway, however, with the class of 2000. therefore, nerdification began in 1996 (with the start of the class of 2000 in september) and reached its peak in 2000 with the y2k bug... those spared prior to 12/31/1999 were thrown under the book mobile shortly thereafter

Booooooooooooo! Class of 2000 4eva 11!!11! We bore witness to Henning, 3 years of Hasselbecks, and the immortal Quinten Lee among, many, many other things. I liked the 19-0 Va.Tech game in a rainstorm.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:02 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:I'm an '04 grad, and by the time I graduated I already thought the classes behind me were progressively nerdier. Maybe people get less nerdy during college, I don't know.

I think the class of 05 almost put Mary Ann's out of business because they stopped going so much on weekdays. True story. Or at least I heard some facsimile from Chris the doorman drunk downtown one night.

ok, so nerdification was fully achieved in 2005. i'm unilaterally declaring that.

MAs is a sacred institution.

it's bigger than one class could ever hope to be.

p.s. how far back does MAs go?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium