TOB post Pitt win

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

TOB post Pitt win

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:14 pm

TOB Quote: There's no reading between the lines required here. O'Brien said it in so many words: "We're not a good football team."
"Just so they realize," O'Brien added. "They have a tendency to think they're pretty good. And they're not."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college-football/story/971640.html

Diminished expectations disguised as motivation(as usual)
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: TOB post Pitt win

Postby AdamBC on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Bleep glorp.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Mr. O on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 pm

We had 12 penalties, over 20 missed tackles, two missed FGs, and pathetic special teams otherwise. Still, we have the #1 defense in the country in total defense and an offense that just put up 530 yards against a good Pitt team even with all of those mistakes. There is a lot of room for improvement.
Mr. O
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Mr. O {l Wrote}:Still, we have the #1 defense in the country in total defense.

Does this include the two out of four games that you played against schools that weren't in 1-A?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Mr. O {l Wrote}:We had 12 penalties, over 20 missed tackles, two missed FGs, and pathetic special teams otherwise. Still, we have the #1 defense in the country in total defense and an offense that just put up 530 yards against a good Pitt team even with all of those mistakes. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Has Russel Wilson somehow been un-ruined by deep sea and the quartermaster's brilliant never use your legs to make a play strategy after USCe? Seriously, I haven't seen them play since that game, is he playing well again?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Mr. O on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Mr. O {l Wrote}:We had 12 penalties, over 20 missed tackles, two missed FGs, and pathetic special teams otherwise. Still, we have the #1 defense in the country in total defense and an offense that just put up 530 yards against a good Pitt team even with all of those mistakes. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Has Russel Wilson somehow been un-ruined by deep sea and the quartermaster's brilliant never use your legs to make a play strategy after USCe? Seriously, I haven't seen them play since that game, is he playing well again?

He had 320 yards passing, 91 rushing, 4 TDs and 0 Ints against Pitt. That makes 29 TD receptions and 1 int for his career. SC defense was just really fast (see SC/Ole MIss game last Thursday).
Mr. O
n00b

Postby Mr. O on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Does this include the two out of four games that you played against schools that weren't in 1-A?

It does include those games. Obviously our D won't remain that high in the official stats, but I think they have proven that they should be able to do well inside the conference. We don't need to win games entirely with our defense.
Mr. O
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Mr. O {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

He had 320 yards passing, 91 rushing, 4 TDs and 0 Ints against Pitt. That makes 29 TD receptions and 1 int for his career. SC defense was just really fast (see SC/Ole MIss game last Thursday).

SPEED SPEED SPEED
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Mr. O {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

It does include those games. Obviously our D won't remain that high in the official stats, but I think they have proven that they should be able to do well inside the conference. We don't need to win games entirely with our defense.

If half of the games have been against 1-AA teams, you can only really look at how your team has done against two opponents. The game against SC was the first game of the season, and against Pitt you let up 31 points. If that instills you with confidence, then :toby is in full effect down there.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCWest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Have those guys on the NC State board who banned any and every BC poster caught on to the fact the posts from BC guys were right on about Bible and TOB?
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm

We had 12 penalties, over 20 missed tackles, two missed FGs, and pathetic special teams.........

1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 --

13 Years.

Bringing Football Discipline to the Max.

The 2 teams that gave them the statistics aberration were Aunt Bee and Uncle Wofford and Murray's School of Cost Accounting.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:Have those guys on the NC State board who banned any and every BC poster caught on to the fact the posts from BC guys were right on about Bible and TOB?

After reading the NC State board post-USCe, I learned two things:

• A large number of NC State fans think Tom O'Brien is a bust.
  • Those same NC State fans will defend Tom O'Brien against anything if a BC fan says it.

So, in a nutshell: we were right. NC State fans know we were right. NC State fans will never admit that we were right.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Whitechapel on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

Well, maybe y'all were right.

But we still have Russell and we're hoping his sheer awesomeness will overcome O'Brien's failings.

And for the record, discounting our two FCS opponents, our defense is allowing 278 ypg. That would place us 22nd nationally in total defense. But then virtually every team ranked ahead of us has also played at least one FCS opponent and I'm betting that if you discounted those games as well, it would diminish their defensive stats as it does ours. So we'd probably fit somewhere in the 10-15 range legitimately. Just a guesstimate.

And to answer the question posed earlier in this thread, I too felt like Russell was playing in a coach-imposed straight-jacket against South Carolina (understandable given the importance of keeping him healthy). I'm happy to inform you that the shackles are off and Russell's dealing again.

:skank <------ This emoticon has nothing to do with anything I said above. I just really like it.
Whitechapel
n00b

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Whitechapel {l Wrote}:Well, maybe y'all were right.

But we still have Russell and we're hoping his sheer awesomeness will overcome O'Brien's failings.

And for the record, discounting our two FCS opponents, our defense is allowing 278 ypg. That would place us 22nd nationally in total defense. But then virtually every team ranked ahead of us has also played at least one FCS opponent and I'm betting that if you discounted those games as well, it would diminish their defensive stats as it does ours. So we'd probably fit somewhere in the 10-15 range legitimately. Just a guesstimate.

And to answer the question posed earlier in this thread, I too felt like Russell was playing in a coach-imposed straight-jacket against South Carolina (understandable given the importance of keeping him healthy). I'm happy to inform you that the shackles are off and Russell's dealing again.

:skank <------ This emoticon has nothing to do with anything I said above. I just really like it.

is Whitechapel the NC State ambassador, i forget. he seems to be the only articulate poster i've seen from there. as for NC State i feel for them. any program with :toby at the helm is a sinking ship. :titanic
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium