Cesspool

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Cesspool

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Jags apparently did recruit QB pretty well.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiti ... htm?csp=34
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Cesspool

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Jags apparently did recruit QB pretty well.

I hope this is a joke.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I hope this is a joke.

Big deal. So, he can beat up on some jr college teams that can't beat the MaxxPower Top 25 high school teams.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm

is he playing quidditch now too?
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Fort Scott coach Jeff Sims has apparently never watched football before in his life:

"This is hard for me to say this because I've coached some great quarterbacks, but Dominique is the best quarterback I have ever worked with," Sims said. "He's so polished of a passer, and he's also a weapon with the ball in his hands."
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:56 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I hope this is a joke.

Big deal. So, he can beat up on some jr college teams that can't beat the MaxxPower Top 25 high school teams.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Yup, it's now confirmed. I am living in a bizarro world.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:30 pm

TampaDoubleEagle {l Wrote}:Fort Scott coach Jeff Sims has apparently never watched football before in his life:

"This is hard for me to say this because I've coached some great quarterbacks, but Dominique is the best quarterback I have ever worked with," Sims said. "He's so polished of a passer, and he's also a weapon with the ball in his hands."

Can't wait to see this board's reaction when he commits to Oregon.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCLou on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:31 pm

We should definitely offer this guy. How are his grades?
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TampaDoubleEagle {l Wrote}:Fort Scott coach Jeff Sims has apparently never watched football before in his life:

They do have playstation in the lockeroom :banana
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:42 pm

I look forward to having something about the Oregon Ducks to mock other than their hideous uniforms.
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

My reaction will be, "Holy shit...Oregon sucks."

So now HJS thinks Dominique Davis is awesome. I wonder if it has anything to do with him coming to BC under Jags and leaving under Spaz.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:47 pm

You forgot to use the red font.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby cameagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Yet another issue HJS has flip flopped on.
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:06 pm

cameagle {l Wrote}:Yet another issue HJS has flip flopped on.

You're a pussy.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:15 pm

It is just another fact in a long line to dispute those imbeciles who like to pretend Jags didn't recruit.

With just a month before signing day, Jags landed a serviceable QB (after Toby ignored the position for 4 years). He then landed Tuggle and Marscovetra in consecutive years. Now, neither Dom Davis nor Tuggle fit Tranq's system (which certainly isn't a slight on DD or JT). But, that doesn't mean that either wouldn't have been pretty damn good for Logan. I have always been of the opinion that QBs are a lot like Centers in BB... they both really need YEARS to come close to realizing potential. So, just because DD or JT sucked at times while 19-years-old doesn't mean neither of them could go on and become great.

The whole ripping players thing that some seem to take great pleasure in... I think stinks. It is crap that the Merrymen do on EA. Really not surprised at each and every poster who has given such a visceral reaction to this article.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCLou on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Now, neither Dom Davis nor Tuggle fit Tranq's system (which certainly isn't a slight on DD or JT). But, that doesn't mean that either wouldn't have been pretty damn good for Logan.

We saw DD under Logan. Do you really think he would've improved significantly had they both stayed?
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:23 pm

BCLou {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Now, neither Dom Davis nor Tuggle fit Tranq's system (which certainly isn't a slight on DD or JT). But, that doesn't mean that either wouldn't have been pretty damn good for Logan.

We saw DD under Logan. Do you really think he would've improved significantly had they both stayed?

his arm was suspect. everything he threw was a duck. so, i can't see how he would have improved... arm strength can't be taught.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ZBC2001 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:27 pm

That is amusing about DD.

This is what I noticed from the article...

Three players – five-star defensive end Ronald Powell, five-star running back Lache Seastrunk and four-star receiver Shakim Phillips – will be officially announced as U.S. Army All-Americans today. They are the first members of the West and East squads that will battle in the 10th anniversary of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 9 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

The three announcements also represent an amazing start to the 90-stop tour. Seastrunk is ranked as the nation's No. 3 player, Powell is No. 4 and Phillips checks in at No. 37. More major prospects will receive their jerseys this week, including three more players who rank in Rivals.com's top 10 nationally.
ZBC2001
Carney Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It is just another fact in a long line to dispute those imbeciles who like to pretend Jags didn't recruit.

With just a month before signing day, Jags landed a serviceable QB (after Toby ignored the position for 4 years). He then landed Tuggle and Marscovetra in consecutive years. Now, neither Dom Davis nor Tuggle fit Tranq's system (which certainly isn't a slight on DD or JT). But, that doesn't mean that either wouldn't have been pretty damn good for Logan. I have always been of the opinion that QBs are a lot like Centers in BB... they both really need YEARS to come close to realizing potential. So, just because DD or JT sucked at times while 19-years-old doesn't mean neither of them could go on and become great.

The whole ripping players thing that some seem to take great pleasure in... I think stinks. It is crap that the Merrymen do on EA. Really not surprised at each and every poster who has given such a visceral reaction to this article.

So JUCO success is a sure sign of D1 talent? Your argument sucks. Davis wasn't serviceable but i do believe Tuggle would be good if given the time. Cue HJS ripping mass high school players...
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:33 pm

BCLou {l Wrote}:

Yes. He was freaking 18 or 19 years old last season. Yes... I think he would improve.

I don't think people understand what players do when they redshirt. What the DON'T do is spend the season working with their position coach and getting up-to-speed with the schemes and plays. What they DO is run scout team... that's it. The first chance Davis had to work with Logan was the Spring of '08. So... yes... I can see him getting better.

BTW... forming opinions based on limited appearances during a RSF season would have forclose Matty Ryan from being in the NFL... let alone a top 3 pick. Anyone who watched Matty Ryan play against Temple and Cuse when he was a redshirt frosh would not have guessed his ultimate greatness.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Is this article supposed to prove that DD is a good QB? I remember him as the worst BC quarterback of the past 20 years- are we supposed to read that bullshit and forget about the 4 quarter affront to God that was the Vanderbuilt game? I'm sure he could light up Umass and Northeastern though. Campion already brought up his stellar scholarship, but perhaps he can recall the last BC QB to perform so craptastically, as he's been watching the Eagles longer than I have.

As for the failure to recruit a good QB, I think the only fair grade for Jags is an "I" if Tuggle never sees more than the occasional snap.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCWest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 pm

I do think Jags was less than enthused about recruiting his last months with BC. I think he did not appreciate what he had. If he could do it all over again, my guess is he would be at BC, working his tail off and doing a great job. But I have turned the page. He is out shopping himself. His story to an AD is going to have to be, I want to 1) be a college coach, not a pro coach, 2) I really want another chance and 3) I can and will recruit my ass off. 4) Whatever happened this past 18 months, I am going to be a much better coach because of it.

He is going to get a shot somewhere. And I hope he does very well.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 pm

before I just thought HJS was negative about anything related to BC football because he hates Gene D and Spaz. Now, I reaslize that he has ABSOLUTELY zero credibility because his posts all have an agenda. Dominique Davis threw like a pussy and ran like he had a stick up his ass. This article doesn't change that. And the comparison to Matt Ryan as a freshman is hilarious.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Shorter HJS from this thread: I stopped watching BC Football last year when Crane got injured. I did not watch the ACC Championship Game or the Music City Bowl. I think Dominique Davis and Matt Ryan's first seasons as BC quarterbacks are comparable.

Even shorter HJS from this thread: I am a moron.
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:14 pm

TampaDoubleEagle {l Wrote}:Shorter HJS from this thread: I stopped watching BC Football last year when Crane got injured. I did not watch the ACC Championship Game or the Music City Bowl. I think Dominique Davis and Matt Ryan's first seasons as BC quarterbacks are comparable.

Ahhh yes... the patented EA Merryman Strawman argument. Good to have them back.
Selectively left out the defeat of Maryland with the ACCCG on the line. The Merrymen will never forgive or forget the ruining of our claim to fame... i.e. The Bowl Win Streak!!!! You want to blame DD for us losing to Vandy in Nashville? Fine. Let's selectively forget that Paul Anderson muffed a punt that went for a Vandy TD or that Herzlich roughed the passer to set up the game winning field goal. Why bother? Just so much more convenient to crucify a teenager who isn't here any longer.

BTW... who should we blame for these two games that cost us two BCS bids???
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273140120
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=243320103
I certainly would hope that BC fans would be as unforgiveable when dealing with veteran coaches as they are kids.

At the end of the day, I have no idea how good or bad DD would eventually have become at BC, but I think bringing him and Tuggle in showed that Jags and Logan didn't purposely submarine the school at the QB position as many fools in this thread have previously alleged. As for the academic things... whatever. It shows (a) BC's academic focus transcends all coaches and (b) that Spaz had the same academic eligibility issues that faces Jags after TOB left (i.e. when TOB left a ton of kids stopped going to class and Jags had to suffer the fallout).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It is just another fact in a long line to dispute those imbeciles who like to pretend Jags didn't recruit.

I agree with your theories on QBs, hoop centers and the Tuggle/Logan combination. Dom Davis was a drop back passer that could not throw and was slower than Shinskie. Dude sucked, and there is no getting around it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TampaDoubleEagle {l Wrote}:Shorter HJS from this thread: I stopped watching BC Football last year when Crane got injured. I did not watch the ACC Championship Game or the Music City Bowl. I think Dominique Davis and Matt Ryan's first seasons as BC quarterbacks are comparable.

Selectively left out the defeat of Maryland with the ACCCG on the line. The Merrymen will never forgive or forget the ruining of our claim to fame... i.e. The Bowl Win Streak!!!! You want to blame DD for us losing to Vandy in Nashville? Fine. Let's selectively forget that Paul Anderson muffed a punt that went for a Vandy TD or that Herzlich roughed the passer to set up the game winning field goal. Why bother? Just so much more convenient to crucify a teenager who isn't here any longer. BTW... who should we blame for these two games that cost us a BCS bid???

I certainly would hope that BC fans would be as unforgiveable when dealing with veteran coaches as they are kids.

At the end of the day, I have no idea how good or bad DD would eventually have become at BC, but I think bringing him and Tuggle in showed that Jags and Logan didn't purposely submarine the school at the QB position as many fools in this thread have previously alleged. As for the academic things... whatever. It shows (a) BC's academic focus transcends all coaches and (b) that Spaz had the same academic eligibility issues that faces Jags after TOB left (i.e. when TOB left a ton of kids stopped going to class and Jags had to suffer the fallout).

a) I'm not surprised you went to UConn law
b) you already admitted several months ago that the QB recruiting was subpar under Jags. Now Davis tears it up in one JuCo game and everything has changed??
c) Nobody thinks Jags was submarining the school, he was just bad at QB recruiting. He brought in Davis, Tuggle and Marscovetra. Davis I can excuse because it was a difficult situation, but Tuggle and Marscovetra were not great pulls. I think Tuggle had a Miss St. offer. Marsco had none.

It's okay, HJS. We all have our weaknesses. Jags isn't any different.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Selectively left out the defeat of Maryland with the ACCCG on the line. The Merrymen will never forgive or forget the ruining of our claim to fame... i.e. The Bowl Win Streak!!!! You want to blame DD for us losing to Vandy in Nashville? Fine. Let's selectively forget that Paul Anderson muffed a punt that went for a Vandy TD or that Herzlich roughed the passer to set up the game winning field goal. Why bother? Just so much more convenient to crucify a teenager who isn't here any longer. BTW... who should we blame for these two games that cost us a BCS bid???

Keep digging. I cited Vandy because it was a complete shit show- 15/36 for 190 yards (that's a whopping 5.3 yards per attempt) w/2 interceptions and 2 TDs. The long TD to Larmond provided over 1/4 of the passing and was actually a decent throw, so well done there. Everything else was a disaster. And that was just the most recent game in memory- the vaunted WF game was a series of fumbles punctuated by a single drive when his receivers wanted it so bad they refused to let ducks be intercepted. If you deny that, I don't know what to tell you. He had 2 fumbles returned for TDs. The MD game featured 2 first half TD and absolutely nothing else- the game was won with Flutie's fake FG pass to McMichael and sealed by a defensive TD.

Could DD be a serviceable QB after playing for 2 years in JUCO or at a 3rd tier WAC school- sure, why not. But he would never be acceptable at BC given how piss poor he had played when given the chance.

And one more thing- I VIVIDLY remember when Peterson went down and Ryan came in. Later on that game, he collected himself in the pocket, reared back, and delivered a TD pass to the middle of the endzone, hitting a WR in perfect stride, 40 yards downfield. I was very impressed because you could tell, just from that pass, that he had a big time arm and pocket presence. There was not a single play in Davis' 100 or so snaps that invoked anything resembling that reaction from me.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Keep digging. I cited Vandy because it was a complete shit show- 15/36 for 190 yards (that's a whopping 5.3 yards per attempt) w/2 interceptions and 2 TDs. The long TD to Larmond provided over 1/4 of the passing and was actually a decent throw, so well done there. Everything else was a disaster. And that was just the most recent game in memory- the vaunted WF game was a series of fumbles punctuated by a single drive when his receivers wanted it so bad they refused to let ducks be intercepted. If you deny that, I don't know what to tell you. He had 2 fumbles returned for TDs. The MD game featured 2 first half TD and absolutely nothing else- the game was won with Flutie's fake FG pass to McMichael and sealed by a defensive TD.

Could DD be a serviceable QB after playing for 2 years in JUCO or at a 3rd tier WAC school- sure, why not. But he would never be acceptable at BC given how piss poor he had played when given the chance.

And one more thing- I VIVIDLY remember when Peterson went down and Ryan came in. Later on that game, he collected himself in the pocket, reared back, and delivered a TD pass to the middle of the endzone, hitting a WR in perfect stride, 40 yards downfield. I was very impressed because you could tell, just from that pass, that he had a big time arm and pocket presence. There was not a single play in Davis' 100 or so snaps that invoked anything resembling that reaction from me.

Do you also post as TampaDoubleEagle????
I think it hysterical that you say DD sucks because he only had an average of 5.3 yards per attempt when he went 15/36 for 190 yards against Vandy... in a bowl game... in Nashville. What the fuck would you think of a performance where (in a program-defining game) the RSF QB had an average of 3.9 yards per attempt in a 24/51 for 200 yards at home against a .500 team with a lame duck head coach????? Jesus... you guys make it way too easy.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium