Cesspool

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Cesspool

Postby joemack13 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm

He was a good QB at that point. He ran the offense well, had a good arm, his decision making was better. I never said he was great, I said I was happy with the offense.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Crane's stats from the 2008 FSU game look downright awful, http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/bc_2008.html

but I really don't think tell the whole story(from what I remember of that game)

This is an example of why Jags was a fun coach to route for, and probably to play for:

Head Coach Jeff Jagodzinksi On the win(FSU '08):

“They made a real big deal about the blackout so we got all of our guys black shirts and said, ‘Well if we are not going to get invited then let’s go ahead and crash the party.’ And that’s what we did. I am really proud of them for the way they fought. That’s the good part of being a coach to see your kids fight like that.”

This is much better than what we have seen before or after.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 pm

BCEagle05 {l Wrote}:Look, I think Logan was a good OC, but it's slightly ridiculous to give him much in the way of credit for getting us to the ACCCG last year- we got there because we had a freakishly talented defense, and we got there in spite of the offense, NOT because of it.

You viewed the Offense's performance with a half glass empty perspective. I saw it the other way around. Look how good the Oline turned out to be. Look how well we integrated two TRUE FRESHMAN RB's. Look at how Crane, despite his shortcomings, was running the offense as the year wore on. I've said it multiple times, and I'll say it again. BC wins the ACCCG and The Orange Bowl if Crane doesn't get hurt last year. Shouldn't BC have won despite Crane getting hurt under your theory that the Offense was along for the ride?

These next two years would have given us a good perspective of how good a coach Jags really was. I think the good thing about him was that he let his staff do their "thing" and he made sure he agreed with what they were doing. The departure of our first OLine coach speaks to that. Jags appeared to have faith in his staff, and used his authority at times when it was needed. He made sure the OLine was what he expected out of an OLine, let Logan run the offense, etc. It sounds as if he let Spaz run the D, but at times had some opinions about how it should be done. I'm guessing Jags pushed Spaz to call more aggressive plays at times (Blitz!). My only complaint is that Jags and Logan failed to sign THEIR top choices after 2007. That's unfortunate. I think they also failed last year, although it could be argued Boyd would have come to BC if not for the whole fallout. I call BS on that one. I think Boyd wanted the glitz and glamour all along.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Given the success DD has enjoyed at the junior college level and dorm Halo tournaments, has TZS begun censoring "Cesspool" again? Just asking.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Crane's numbers at FSU don't look so bad to me. Other than TD passes and Crane's rushing, it is about what Shinskie did against Wake, at home, this past weekend. 14-26, 190 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 38 very important rushing yards.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:I think Jags' defensive coordinator set the program back 5 years when he let Maryland's backup QB Chris Turner tear BC apart with almost 500 yards of offense and 5 touchdowns.

That game sucked. But (a) it meant nothing in the big sceme of things because we still went to the ACC championship, and (b) how exactly did it set the program back 5 years?

Jags was a very good coach, but people exaggerate his accomplishments greatly. It didn't take a "great" coach to get BC to the ACC title game in 2007...and lets not forget the 2 WTF losses after BC got to 8-0. Not to mention the loss to a VERY beatable VTech team in the title game. And last year was a pretty ho-hum 9-4 year in a pretty mediocre ACC.

BC, despite their loss to FSU, was still a top 10 program. Playing every game at night on ESPN, tons of attention, etc. Losing again, in the way they did, dumped them to 17th and allowed the Peach Bowl to pass on them. That meant the #12 team went to the stupid Champs Sports Bowl. The exposure and prestige lost in the MD blowout set the program back significantly.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:33 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:I think Jags' defensive coordinator set the program back 5 years when he let Maryland's backup QB Chris Turner tear BC apart with almost 500 yards of offense and 5 touchdowns.

That game sucked. But (a) it meant nothing in the big sceme of things because we still went to the ACC championship, and (b) how exactly did it set the program back 5 years?

Jags was a very good coach, but people exaggerate his accomplishments greatly. It didn't take a "great" coach to get BC to the ACC title game in 2007...and lets not forget the 2 WTF losses after BC got to 8-0. Not to mention the loss to a VERY beatable VTech team in the title game. And last year was a pretty ho-hum 9-4 year in a pretty mediocre ACC.

BC, despite their loss to FSU, was still a top 10 program. Playing every game at night on ESPN, tons of attention, etc. Losing again, in the way they did, dumped them to 17th and allowed the Peach Bowl to pass on them. That meant the #12 team went to the stupid Champs Sports Bowl. The exposure and prestige lost in the MD blowout set the program back significantly.

BC beats MD in 2007, we go to the Rose instead of Illinois. That is all.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

I will miss the Jags-Logan show. Especially because our coaching staff looks more like Bingo Night at the ol' nursery home than a bunch of hard-ass football coaches.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCLou on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:01 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
BCLou {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
BCLou {l Wrote}:
They're both rookies at their positions irrespective of age. If you think the Clemson loss was the result of his gameplan you're on drugs worse than Jeff Spicoli. There was no "prevent D" against Wake Forest. Skinner is a good QB and BC has no pass rush neither of which is Spaz's fault. Even with 2 first-round draft picks on the DL there wasn't much of a pass rush.

You can bitch and moan all you want about Spaz but I see improvement. He deserves more slack than he's getting.

You're kidding me right? The Clemson gameplan was ATROCIOUS. There was absolutely a prevent D against Wake. Did you watch either game? Riley Skinner may have an iconic wang, but he is not a good QB. And the defense not having a pass rush is somehow not the fault of the guy who was the defensive coordinator for a fucking decade? Really?

Read what I wrote about the Clemson game. That loss was not due to the gameplan. Clemson was better on defense, offense and special teams. Did Spaz's strategy include an OL who didn't block anyone? Did it call for the starting QB to go 4-for-20?

Anyone who's thrown for 8,000+ yards in his career on some mediocre teams is a good QB. If you want to blame Spaz for the lack of an effective pass rush last year I could agree with you but now that DL is missing 2 first-round draft picks. Would you expect it to be any better?

I can't have a discussion with someone who is this dumb. I just can't. Sorry.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Nice copout, pussy.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby BCLou on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
BCLou {l Wrote}:Read what I wrote about the Clemson game. That loss was not due to the gameplan. Clemson was better on defense, offense and special teams. Did Spaz's strategy include an OL who didn't block anyone? Did it call for the starting QB to go 4-for-20?

You say gameplan/scheme had nothing to do with it? So, I guess that means you think the offensive line just got together in the huddle and said "you know what would be fun to try one game? not blocking anybody!"

Sure. As I reread my post I can easily see where you might draw that conclusion. In the future I'll try to explain myself a little better.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm

why are y'all still talking about Cesspool? disgustiad.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium