Response to Talon's Irrelevent question.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Response to Talon's Irrelevent question.

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 am

I didn't respond to this question because it is irrelevent. When thr fuck did this happen? It didn't!!! Also I don't think D1 schools can actually play D2 schools. I think you are thinking of Bowl Sub Division schools which are still D1 but formally D1-AA. D2 is a whole different ball game.

This year BC play Northeastern a D1-AA team and smoked them. You probably don't know that because you aren't a BC fan.

Wake Forrest happens to be a D1 school. In fact they are in the ACC. BC was a 1 point favorite agains them. BC won by 3!!

Ask me a relevent question and I'll answer it. Or go to hell.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Re: Response to Talon's Irrelevent question.

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:20 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:Wake Forrest happens to be a D1 school. In fact they are in the ACC. BC was a 1 point favorite agains them. BC won by 3!!

Ask me a relevent question and I'll answer it. Or go to hell.

Wake lost to Baylor.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:20 am

1. Why did you need to start a new thread when Talon was nice enough to start a thread for you?

2. Why don't you just answer the hypothetical question?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:1. Why did you need to start a new thread when Talon was nice enough to start a thread for you?

THE QUESTION IS Immpossible to answer because it can't happen. Ask me a real question. If you are asking me whether or not I am happen when BC wins, then the answer is yes. But as far as them playing a D2 school is concerned that would mean we would have to drop down to D2 and I don't think that will happen.

Also in reponse to Wake losing to Baylor.... Baylor at the time had the best athlete in college football as their QB and they happen to also be a D1 school in the Big 12.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:When thr fuck did this happen? It didn't!!! Also I don't think D1 schools can actually play D2 schools.

How did someone as stupid as you get into Boston College?

1) OF COURSE IT DIDN"T HAPPEN. That's why I used the word "hypothetical." The point of this question is that you seem to think that nobody should ever be critical of BC in a game in which BC wins. I think that's horseshit. There are such things as ugly wins. Last saturday was an ugly win. I just want to know what you would think if BC won in the ugliest possible way: would it then be fair to be critical of the way BC wins, or do you think that "A win is a win" and that BC fans should always be happy after a win, regardless of how ugly it is?

2) d1A schools can most certainly play d2 schools. In fact, Stanford (a team that Wake Forest barely beat) LOST to a Division II school a few years ago.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}: QUESTION IS Immpossible to answer because it can't happen.

http://www.ucdavis.edu/spotlight/0905/a ... nford.html
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252600024

UC Davis moved to Division I in 2007. They were Division II in 2005.

So, now that we've established that a Division II school can play a Division I school, the question is no longer impossible to answer.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:38 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:1. Why did you need to start a new thread when Talon was nice enough to start a thread for you?

THE QUESTION IS Immpossible to answer because it can't happen. Ask me a real question. If you are asking me whether or not I am happen when BC wins, then the answer is yes. But as far as them playing a D2 school is concerned that would mean we would have to drop down to D2 and I don't think that will happen.

Also in reponse to Wake losing to Baylor.... Baylor at the time had the best athlete in college football as their QB and they happen to also be a D1 school in the Big 12.

You're not capable of answering a hypothetical question? So if I were to ask you a question like this: if zombies ate your family, would you be happy or sad?- you couldn't answer it because zombies aren't real? You're really that incapable of reasoning?

How about this: would you rather BC A) win 24-10, or B) win 27-24 in OT after blowing a lead late in the game and nearly losing?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 am

I am always happy that BC wins. I'm a fan.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:I am always happy that BC wins. I'm a fan.

So, you'd be happy if BC needed a Division II team to miss a chip shot field goal to seal a victory? That's all I needed to know.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:42 am

So you don't want to see BC win big? Even afainst an inferior opponent?

So if BC had to beat Northeastern in overtime after blowing a big lead, you wouldn't be the least bit concerned?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:I am always happythat BC wins. I'm a fan. retarded.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
So if BC had to beat Northeastern in overtime after blowing a big lead, you wouldn't be the least bit concerned?

THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

How can he answer a question about something that didn't happen? Take a logic class!
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 am

How did BeaconFavreQuitter get into BC? I'm pretty sure he's actually retarded.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:46 am

This is so fucking stupid it is not worth discussing anymore.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 am

[quote="TobaccoRoadEagle"]the area between raleigh and winston salem is known as tobacco road because there is a lot of tobacco there. some say it's only between durham and chapel hill but those people are stupid because there is no tobacco there. in fact, most of the tobacco is grown in other parts of the state as well as other parts of the world. therefore, tobacco road is actually everywhere.

that is the tobacco road that i am from[./quote]

This is like seeing Dr. Claw's face on the last 'Inspector Gadget' cartoon.
Last edited by b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:50 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}: zombies aren't real

Looks like we know who their first victim will be.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}: zombies aren't real

Looks like we know who their first victim will be.

I read the Zombie Survival Guide just in case.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby UnionvilleUConnFan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}: Also in reponse to Wake losing to Baylor.... Baylor at the time had the best athlete in college football as their QB and they happen to also be a D1 school in the Big 12.

May I just remark that I like the way you think.
UnionvilleUConnFan
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 am

NorthEndEagle -

I know that the following situation didn't happen, but let's just pretend and use our imagination to picture a world in which it does happen.

BC is playing a bad D-1AA team. BC loses. The next day, it is disclosed that the bad D-1AA team used ineligible players and must forfeit the game. BC wins.

Are you happy that BC won?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 am

BC is now an FBC school. Football Bowl Championship.

All others are FCS. Football Championship Series.

I think from memory.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:41 am

This is like seeing Dr. Claw's face on the last 'Inspector Gadget' cartoon.

did this occur?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:54 am

well if it didn't happen than I its very hard to comprehend, I definitely couldn't answer any questions about it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby AguilaFan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 am

talon {l Wrote}:NorthEndEagle -

I know that the following situation didn't happen, but let's just pretend and use our imagination to picture a world in which it does happen.

BC is playing a bad D-1AA team. BC loses. The next day, it is disclosed that the bad D-1AA team used ineligible players and must forfeit the game. BC wins.

did they cover the spread of 1? per 74's post on scores of 1.
AguilaFan
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 am

campion {l Wrote}:Here's an irrelevant question. What's grey, weighs over a ton, and has long droopy ears and a big long trunk?

My ex-wife! :acoustic
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 am

campion {l Wrote}:Here's an irrelevant question. What's grey, weighs over a ton, and has long droopy ears and a big long trunk?

A British elephant?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm

talon {l Wrote}:NorthEndEagle -

His answer is yes. That's the very definition of a Merryman. Case closed.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

What a friggin' circle-jerk. This is either a giant debate about semantics, or this truly is much ado about absolutely nothing.

I take these as axioms:
It is better for BC to win than to lose, regardless of the circumstances.
It is better for BC to win convincingly than to win "ugly."
It is better for BC to win "ugly" than to lose despite playing well. (Call this the "White Men Can't Jump" corollary.)

If you disagree with those axioms, we have a fundamental, foundational disagreement about what it means to be a BC Guy.

A BC Guy should not be happy when BC loses, even though they may have played a great game, shown signs of promise, left everything on the field, blah blah blah. There may be many good things about the game, and you can certainly be hopeful for the future, but if BC lost, a BC Guy should not be happy about the result.
A BC Guy should not be unhappy when BC wins, even though they may have played a terrible game, been horribly coached, and required divine intervention or one of the world's greatest choke jobs by the opposition in order to win. There may be nothing to like about the game, and you can certainly be despondent about the future, but if BC won, a BC Guy should not be unhappy about the result.

Would you prefer if NorthEndEagle had described himself as "relieved" with the victory? How about "happy we won, but frustrated with the team's piss-poor play"? How about "pissed off at the coaching staff but glad we ended up with a W we didn't deserve"?

To answer Talon's hypothetical question, damn right I'd be glad BC won. I wouldn't be happy about the game, but I would, in fact, be happy about the win. I like winning. I'd be livid about the way we played, embarrassed about practically losing to a Division II/I-AA team, scared about the rest of the games on our schedule, maybe even depressed based on what I saw, but I'll take a win any day over a loss.

And to characterize that attitude as "Merryman" is nothing less than willful refusal to see anyone else's point of view but your own. That attitude does not excuse the poor play, the coaching errors, or whatever else caused the "WTF win" to occur. It's not Animal House, with a futile cry of "All is well!" as chaos reigns all around. All is certainly not well after a "WTF win." But football is judged by wins and losses. It is better to win than to lose. 12 ugly, WTF wins hypothetically gets you a completely undeserved National Championship. (Are you telling me you wouldn't be happy about that? Flags fly forever.) If we win, even if we didn't deserve it, that's a good thing. Then you turn your attention to fixing all the things that went wrong and made it a "WTF win" so that the next week we can put up a better win.
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 pm

I see what you did there.
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 pm

A BC Guy should not be happy when BC loses, even though they may have played a great game, shown signs of promise, left everything on the field, blah blah blah.

DoubleEagle is correct.

At the end of the 2001 BC-Miami game (when it looked that BC might win, right up to the last play where Miami ran that interception back for a pick-6) I thought BC played a great game, showed signs of promise, and left everything on the field. And yet, I was still happier with BC's performance against Wake Forest (at the end of the game) than I was with the Miami game 8 years ago. And the only reason why I was happier was because BC won on Saturday.

Winning makes me happy. Losing, doesn't. How the team played the game, is secondary to the scoreboard.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium