First Trivia Quiz of New Nexus

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: First Trivia Quiz of New Nexus

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:56 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:HC87, the winner of Trivia 4.0. I will post up the HC logo avatar in the morning. Thanks to all for playing.

Bonus Question: When was the last TOTAL Solar Eclipse in Massachusetts and what was the ONLY viewing spot in the State?

Answer: South Monomoy Point on Cape Cod way south of Chatham in March 1970. What can I say, my dad worked at NASA after he did the janitor thing at BC and banged all those coeds.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dixieagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
holycross87 {l Wrote}:Leominster plays Fitchburg on Turkey Day...2nd longest only to Wellesley-Needham. Actually a greater NB guy here (Mattapoisett/teach at Dartmouth HS) but my years at HC gave me some CMass perspective.

Leominster/Fitchburg is the answer to #2
Auburn is the answer to #9. It's a trick question because Auburn's nickname was the Dandies until 1992 so I gave that hint correctly since I was referring to their hockey teams in the 60/70"s. They changed their nickname to the Rockets in 1992.

If you present, all the correct answers in ONE POST, then HC wins. I have the perfect avatar for you--the HC logo as my avatar. But, you have to complete the task to win bf someone beats you to it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DANDIES??? Worst name ever. May as well have been "Pansies."
dixieagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:47 am

[quote="campion"]Hey 81. Needham and Wellesley are both west of 128, so no one won your poll. Except for me.[/quote

St. Campion of Trivia is correct. Needham is JUST barely outside route 128. No matter, I am putting up Campion's HC logo which covers both him and HC87 as joint winners of Trivia Contest 4.0.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Trivia question for 81

Billy Flutie caught a TD pass against Northeastern. He threw a TD pass against Maryland. Name the other BC players that have both thrown and caught a TD pass.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:39 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Trivia question for 81

Billy Flutie caught a TD pass against Northeastern. He threw a TD pass against Maryland. Name the other BC players that have both thrown and caught a TD pass.

Campion will know the details but I believe that this was a specialty of the McFugger clan originally from County Cork. Campion, do you remember which of the four McFugger brothers completed this feat? It goes back a ways but I think one was versus Georgetown when they were a national power, another versus Xavier (pronounced Zavier) and maybe one more versus Detroit but there may be only two brothers that did it. St. Campion of Trivia will know. :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:15 pm

campion {l Wrote}:Charley O'Rourke Willie Hicks

I have no idea but since it's from Campion, I will assume it's correct. Hail to the Trivia Chief. :pontif :pontif :pontif
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Mosi on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:33 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:Ok. we have said everything that can be said about the Wake game and we have generally given our preliminary thoughts on the FSU game. So, while we are in a lull. You can play the 81 Eagle Trivia Quiz and the winner gets to change 81 Eagles avatar. Past winners include:

Trivia 1.0--Campion

Trivia 2.0- TRE

Trivia 3.0- Notorious Orange ( are you here and hiding under a diff name?)

Here you go:

Trivia 4.0

1. The Ameica's Cup competition was held in this New England city until it was wrestled away and yet to be returned Newport

2. Name the Oldest high school football rivalry in Massachusetts west of Route 128.weelsley needham

3. What was the now famous local headline when undefeated Harvard and Yale played to a 29-29 tie with Harvard coming from way behind to get the tie? Harvard beats Yale 29-29

4. Name the two Massachusetts HS running backs to wear the famed Number 44 at Syracuse. Rob Conrad and Daimond Fairie

5. What native of Worcester lived his childhood dream and became a catcher for the Red Sox? Gedman (the 80's version of the corpse known as Veritek)

6. Name the three HS teams in the Big Three Conference. Brockton, Fall Rieve and Durfee

7. What famous Celtic played for Holy Cross and coached BC in Bball? Cooooooze

8. Only one Mass. HS football team has ever been ranked number 1 nationally. What was that team and what Central Mass. team knocked them from Number 1 in a mid-season game. Brockton and Leo-minister

9. In the 60's/70's, there was a Central Mass. HS hockey team that made the State finals about 10 out of 12 years but only won it twice. What was the team? St Peter Marian?

10. What did Dr. Tom Davis get his doctorate in? History

I did this before looking at the other answers, you already know I'm an old shit, like Campie
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Excellent but #9 is Auburn. But, it's unclear how much everyone benefitted from other answers. If you did this without looking then that is indeed impressive. I owe you one avatar change. :lol: :lol:
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Excellent, except for answering the stupid fucking trick question.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Excellent, except for answering the stupid fucking trick question.

I owe 2bg9 one free avatar change as well. Whay happened to your Red Raider Yosemite Sam avatar? I think you said you had it up as a result of a bet
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:25 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Excellent, except for answering the stupid fucking trick question.

I owe 2bg9 one free avatar change as well. Whay happened to your Red Raider Yosemite Sam avatar? I think you said you had it up as a result of a bet

I had it up because of my Issues with mudflaps. Ask TRE.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

TRE, can you impart some of your great knowledge to the huddled masses regarding 2bg9"s former avatar?
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

TRE, can you impart some of your great knowledge to the huddled masses regarding 2bg9"s former avatar?

I just told you all you needed to know.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

go to the open board on tzs and read the story of "issues." everything you need to know is maintained therein

hey :shock , can we get issues in the HOF. i believe someone still has the original html.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium