Pennington is Done. Parcells passed on Ryan?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Pennington is Done. Parcells passed on Ryan?

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:09 pm

Jake is superb and a spectacular pick.

Matty Ryan was the better pick and my hero Big Bill Parcells missed.

Injury or not, like BC, you need a QB!

2008 1 1(1) Dolphins Jake Long OT Michigan
2008 2 1(32) Dolphins Phillip Merling DE Clemson
2008 2 26(57) Dolphins Chad Henne QB Michigan
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Pennington is Done. Parcells passed on Ryan?

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Parcells thought Matt Ryan was too much like Drew Bledsoe and would be an INT machine in the pros. Oops.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:32 pm

At least Jake Long is a very good player. Glenn Dorsey, not so much.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 pm

I've always liked Pennington and never understood why everyone hated him so much. He was one of the most accurate passers I've ever seen. Arm strength was lacking, but as long as he had TEs and RBs to throw to and possession receivers (ie not Ted Ginn), he was a top 15 QB.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:51 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:I've always liked Pennington and never understood why everyone hated him so much. He was one of the most accurate passers I've ever seen. Arm strength was lacking, but as long as he had TEs and RBs to throw to and possession receivers (ie not Ted Ginn), he was a top 15 QB.

Who hates Pennington other than Jets fans? Pennington is a better version of Trent Dilfer. The guy is annoying as hell to play against because he just doesn't make many poor throws.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:I've always liked Pennington and never understood why everyone hated him so much. He was one of the most accurate passers I've ever seen. Arm strength was lacking, but as long as he had TEs and RBs to throw to and possession receivers (ie not Ted Ginn), he was a top 15 QB.

Who hates Pennington other than Jets fans? Pennington is a better version of Trent Dilfer. The guy is annoying as hell to play against because he just doesn't make many poor throws.

I don't think many Jets fans hate Pennington- he was probably the most dedicated Jet from the owner down to the backup punter during his time with them. I just think I (and Jets fans alike) realized that he couldn't bring us to the Superbowl. He was like a QB of TOBias' era. Good enough for above average performance (wildcard spot, even an occasional win in the playoffs), but he wasn't bringing us to the big show.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

I don't think many Jets fans hate Pennington- he was probably the most dedicated Jet from the owner down to the backup punter during his time with them. I just think I (and Jets fans alike) realized that he couldn't bring us to the Superbowl. He was like a QB of TOBias' era. Good enough for above average performance (wildcard spot, even an occasional win in the playoffs), but he wasn't bringing us to the big show.

A ton of Jets fans cheered when Pennington got injured in that game at the Meadowlands. Just sayin'.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium