There, I said it

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: There, I said it

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:10 pm

I think baby maker is among us and posting. Some suspect posts caught my eye over the weekend. There, I said it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

NDubEagle {l Wrote}:Was there a couple of months ago on my first (and hopefully, only) trip to buffalo, and, well, meh, on the wings.

You can bad mouth Anchor Bar (please do. It's not good wings) but do NOT bad mouth the undiscovered jewel of Upstate NY.

Buffalo is a place where there's nothing to do but eat bad food and drink. Heaven.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby joemack13 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:39 pm

[quote="innocentbystander"]Hey I can do this too. We all can do this.

1. The O-Line looked like crap against Clemson but looked fine against Wake Forest because Shinskie appears to be a QB and Tuggle isn't. Seriously.
You're an idiot. QB's don't magically solve o-line problems. Clemson's defense was man times better than Wake's
2. Tranquil's offense looked better on Saturday because Shinskie was QB.
You're an idiot. Tranquil's offense looked better because of the O-line
3. Any game in which we score 24 or more points should be a win.
You're an idiot. Defense looked mediocre or worse. The cushion is back. Almost no blitzes yet we still can't cover anyone...

There, I said it.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby Shredder on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
NDubEagle {l Wrote}:Was there a couple of months ago on my first (and hopefully, only) trip to buffalo, and, well, meh, on the wings.

You can bad mouth Anchor Bar (please do. It's not good wings) but do NOT bad mouth the undiscovered jewel of Upstate NY.

Buffalo is a place where there's nothing to do but eat bad food and drink. Heaven.

You have to check out Milwaukee. Here they put butter on hamburgers.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

You have to check out Milwaukee. Here they put butter on hamburgers.

I've heard nothing but good things. And Milwaukee is more of a city than Buffalo, which is really just a survival camp that occasionally digs out of the snow. But they put chicken wings and blue cheese on pizza in Buffalo.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCTG on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 pm

When the temperature reaches 80 degrees, I apply 2 layers of Gold Bond to my balloon knot. There, I said it.
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 pm

1) Fuck clemson and their yokel fans. I'm sick of the love fest for all things Clemson. Those chuds are softening you up so they can feast on your succulent, book-learned brains.

2) I can put sriracha on anything. My wife went out of town and left me no food. I used carrots and pretzels as sriracha delivery devices.

3) I miss Jags. His zingers. His awesome smug-ass grin. Jags ruled. I miss that smug asshole.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
3) I miss Jags. His zingers. His awesome smug-ass grin. Jags ruled. I miss that smug asshole.

Amen. That picture of him before the '06 Clemson game was the best.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:54 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
I've heard nothing but good things. And Milwaukee is more of a city than Buffalo, which is really just a survival camp that occasionally digs out of the snow. But they put chicken wings and blue cheese on pizza in Buffalo.

Buffalo chicken combined with pizza smells exactly like barf. There, I said it.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:00 am

At sporting events, why should people be told to watch their mouths because children are around?
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Buffalo chicken combined with pizza smells exactly like barf. There, I said it.

Buffalo chicken pizza and chicken wing pizza are not the same thing.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:At sporting events, why should people be told to watch their mouths because children are around?

Because it's fucking low class to be acting like a drunken dipshit around kids. You think you're being funny, but you're just annoying the shit out of everyone around you.
:angrychicken
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:At sporting events, why should people be told to watch their mouths because children are around?

Because it's fucking low class to be acting like a drunken dipshit around kids. You think you're being funny, but you're just annoying the shit out of everyone around you.

Word.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 pm

I want angryty to tell another story similar to fear and loathing in Morgantown.

There, I said it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Agreed. The only thing you need to do at a football game is not swear in front of the little dudes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Agreed. The only thing you need to do at a football game is not swear in front of the little dudes.

True and agreed, but its often unintentional and inevitable after events like Saturday's game. Also said kids were like 1.5 years old--are they going to repeat one "Sh#t Spaz!"? I can see swearing multiple times, dropping the F bomb continuously and older kids.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:57 am

I wish people who yell "you suck" during the "hey hey" song would just drop dead. It's not that "you suck" is offensive or anything, it's just unbelievably stale and unoriginal. I think Maryland's band has been told by the school to stop playing the song, and their students are reacting as if they were forced at gunpoint to get an abortion.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:04 am

15Radnor {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

True and agreed, but its often unintentional and inevitable after events like Saturday's game. Also said kids were like 1.5 years old--are they going to repeat one "Sh#t Spaz!"? I can see swearing multiple times, dropping the F bomb continuously and older kids.

:lame Radnor, (and I can't believe how "Down in front!" this is going to sound, but here 'goes) there is a certain way to act in the student section and entirely another in the rest of the stadium. I used to drop every word under the sun while in the student section, but now you just can't do that. More important, there is no better way to kill your fan base for a college football game then making the gameday experience bad for families. Let me put it this way: I've got three kids under age 6. My wife is willing to drive 300 miles with them to a game at least once a year because we have a good time tailgaiting, seeing friends and she knows the kids will be "safe" in the stadium. If she so much as hears more than a "damn" come out of anyone's mouth within earshot, I get a look like 74 describes when the redhead is fired up. You move into f-bomb territory and she'll leave and take the kids with her. The following year she'll tell me I can go up myself for the weekend and go to the game with some of my former roommates, but she won't bring the kids. Lots of other Moms (and Dads) are the same way - they just don't want to subject their kids to it. If your stadium gets a rep as a bad place to bring the kids (see Rutgers), you lose out on ticket sales. So let's do the math. Family-friendly stadium, I buy 5 tickets and BC gets more than $250 from me for one game. Bad family environment, I buy 1 ticket and BC gets $50, and the stadium looks less full because it is. Multiply that by my 6 roommates that we meet up with each year for a game or two (all of us are in pretty much the same position and have wives who would pretty much do the same thing), and you're looking at $1200 or more in lost revenue for the school.

Bottom line is, it is better for everyone if we save the F-bomb for the couch in front of the TV.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am

15Radnor {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

You'd be surprised how easily kids retain and repeat stuff.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:14 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

:lame Radnor, (and I can't believe how "Down in front!" this is going to sound, but here 'goes) there is a certain way to act in the student section and entirely another in the rest of the stadium. I used to drop every word under the sun while in the student section, but now you just can't do that. More important, there is no better way to kill your fan base for a college football game then making the gameday experience bad for families. Let me put it this way: I've got three kids under age 6. My wife is willing to drive 300 miles with them to a game at least once a year because we have a good time tailgaiting, seeing friends and she knows the kids will be "safe" in the stadium. If she so much as hears more than a "damn" come out of anyone's mouth within earshot, I get a look like 74 describes when the redhead is fired up. You move into f-bomb territory and she'll leave and take the kids with her. The following year she'll tell me I can go up myself for the weekend and go to the game with some of my former roommates, but she won't bring the kids. Lots of other Moms (and Dads) are the same way - they just don't want to subject their kids to it. If your stadium gets a rep as a bad place to bring the kids (see Rutgers), you lose out on ticket sales. So let's do the math. Family-friendly stadium, I buy 5 tickets and BC gets more than $250 from me for one game. Bad family environment, I buy 1 ticket and BC gets $50, and the stadium looks less full because it is. Multiply that by my 6 roommates that we meet up with each year for a game or two (all of us are in pretty much the same position and have wives who would pretty much do the same thing), and you're looking at $1200 or more in lost revenue for the school.

Bottom line is, it is better for everyone if we save the F-bomb for the couch in front of the TV.

Agreed. I would never drop the F-bomb at a game nor have much respect for those who do. But getting something said to you after one "Shxt!"? That is ridiculous and unrealistic in my opinion, especially when their kid is crying all game.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:35 am

I get a look like 74 describes when the redhead is fired up.

She now puts a sign like the ones you see for a bad dog on property do not enter.

Mad Husband Watching BC Football, Sweet Dog though.

She closed the bomb proof doors for Clemson and walked her friend out and said what if there were some of my daughter's friends and you're yelling,

"I like to squish that Topo Gigio Dago Mouse Motherfucker's brains with a fucking brick and rip his fucking balls off if he had any!"

Well, the sentence structure and verb usage is correct.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 am

15Radnor {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

there is a certain way to act in the student section and entirely another in the rest of the stadium.

I kind of agree here, especially if you're in the middle of the student section as opposed to sitting up against the rest of the crowd. If you're in the middle of the student section, no one around you is going to give a shit what you say. There are no young kids around.

However, once you get around to organized swearing chants, that becomes a SERIOUS class issue. Anyone go to the Beanpot game for bu vs. NU last year? NU got on bu's nerves so bad with their chants that the bu student section pulled out "fuck you, NU! x x xxx"
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:27 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:However, once you get around to organized swearing chants, that becomes a SERIOUS class issue. Anyone go to the Beanpot game for bu vs. NU last year? NU got on bu's nerves so bad with their chants that the bu student section pulled out "fuck you, NU! x x xxx"

Well that was just a class-explosion with those two fanbases meeting right there. I'm not surprised by that.

Rads dude, just keep your mouth clean. Parents have every right to ask you to tone down your language in front of the kids, even if it's just 'one shit.' I know it probably came out unintentionally. I've started using nonsense words when I get frustrated. I get weird looks but it avoids situations like that in social and work situations.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:However, once you get around to organized swearing chants, that becomes a SERIOUS class issue. Anyone go to the Beanpot game for bu vs. NU last year? NU got on bu's nerves so bad with their chants that the bu student section pulled out "fuck you, NU! x x xxx"

Well that was just a class-explosion with those two fanbases meeting right there. I'm not surprised by that.

Rads dude, just keep your mouth clean. Parents have every right to ask you to tone down your language in front of the kids, even if it's just 'one shit.' I know it probably came out unintentionally. I've started using nonsense words when I get frustrated. I get weird looks but it avoids situations like that in social and work situations.

Does 'twatwaffle' count as a nonsense word? Or is it bad language? I may have been quite vocal at one point during the WF game that Tennant was being one after the two penalties in a row, one of which killed a TD.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby yeahBC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 am

15Radnor {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Agreed. I would never drop the F-bomb at a game nor have much respect for those who do. But getting something said to you after one "Shxt!"? That is ridiculous and unrealistic in my opinion, especially when their kid is crying all game.

I'm gonna go ahead and pile on here. Refrain from foul language in front of the kids, Mr. Poopypants.
yeahBC
n00b

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Sounds like a plan, have any suggested nonsense words?

I also don't like the entire student crowd yelling "Axxhole" at the refs when they butcher a call. Besides being a class issue, that probably isn't going to curry any favors with the refs for the rest of the game...
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby yeahBC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DrPeterV {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Barbecue sauce deserves proper recognition as King of Condiments.

texas pete would like to kick you in the girl parts - there i said it

Frank's Hot Sauce would like a word with you.

frank's hot sauce tastes like milk and cookies - texas pete new HOTTER hot sauce rulz

i like the wizard of oz, there i said it
EDIT - i also like the scarecrow

Andy Richter is funny. There, I said it?

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... 9/1162130/
yeahBC
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 am

The point is to check your environment. Vader and I have little dudes sitting in front and to the left of us this year, so I am very conscious not to swear and embarrassed and apologetic if I slip (it helps that my swearing generally comes from anger and 2 beers before the game and not anger and 10 beers). But last year when there were no kids anywhere, that's a different story. If adults are bitching about language, fuck em. If they are bitching about language because their kid is there, well then you are the asshole.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The point is to check your environment. Vader and I have little dudes sitting in front and to the left of us this year, so I am very conscious not to swear and embarrassed and apologetic if I slip (it helps that my swearing generally comes from anger and 2 beers before the game and not anger and 10 beers). But last year when there were no kids anywhere, that's a different story. If adults are bitching about language, fuck em. If they are bitching about language because their kid is there, well then you are the asshole.

Another fantastic post on this subject.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium