3 more... And Bowl Predictions

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

3 more... And Bowl Predictions

Postby eagle1331 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:31 am

Couldn't find the thread that this was being discussed in, so figured I'd start my own. In Spaz's locker room speech he said we have 3... and got cut off. A lot of guesses on what he said after that including something actually motivating and counting down to ND.

After reading ESPNs bowl predictions, I realized he could have been counting down to bowl eligibility?

And speaking of bowl predictions(http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections?season=2009&week=4), ESPN has us predicted to either go to the Meineke Car Nobody Cares Bowl again vs Rutgers or the EagleBank Bowl vs. Army. :lame
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Re: 3 more... And Bowl Predictions

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 am

Going back to Charlotte is very very unlikely. It will be either San Fran, EagleBank or GMAC. Unless the conference is forced into the "BC rule" again (which would require 5+ conference wins from us) I say we are in San Fran.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 am

There is no way in hell he was counting down to bowl eligibility. I don't care what you think about spaz as a coach, but its ridiculous to think that he would be using that as the stated goal for the team. We can speculate all we want, but who knows what he said. Maybe it was as simple as "we have 3 more ACC games in the next three weeks".
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:52 am

I think he was counting down three more games before ND.

Spaz is smart enough to know that our fanbase will generally give him a complete and total pass for anything bad that happens this season if the Eagles beat Notre Dame.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:59 am

talon {l Wrote}:I think he was counting down three more games before ND.

Spaz is smart enough to know that our fanbase will generally give him a complete and total pass for anything bad that happens this season if the Eagles beat Notre Dame.

I doubt it. I think you are just looking for anything to be negative about. The coaching staff is not going to sit there and tell the players to look ahead 3 weeks by harping on the ND game with 3 tough ACC games to come. You have to give him a little more credit than that.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:12 am

my first thought was bowl eligibility. That's what TOB always stressed and I wouldn't be surprised if Spaz is thinking that way in this "rebuilding year"
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:I think he was counting down three more games before ND.

I doubt it. I think you are just looking for anything to be negative about. The coaching staff is not going to sit there and tell the players to look ahead 3 weeks by harping on the ND game with 3 tough ACC games to come. You have to give him a little more credit than that.

Credit is earned not given.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 am

A countdown to anything when it's still September is clownshoes.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am

Counting down to bowl eligibility is pretty damn depressing too.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium