a couple of somewhat encouraging notes

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

a couple of somewhat encouraging notes

Postby Eagledom on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:20 am

Spaz on the lack of a pass rush:

“It’s a combination of things,” Spaziani said. “We had some pressure on him, but I think we’ve got to take a look at how we’re doing it, who’s where, get a little better feel for certain things. Once again, I attribute a lot of it to competition, too. Riley is a pretty clever little guy, and he was able to step up and see some things. But obviously, there’s too much time back there for anybody, so we have to address it. It’s not a new problem, we just didn’t manage it well on Saturday and we have to do a better job.” . . .

Maybe we'll see some different looks and adjustments to get more pressure against FSU. At least it doesn't seem like he's going to ignore the problem. Also, he wasn't directly quoted but the Herald article seemed to indicate that Spaz might still use Tuggle against a more athletic defense.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: a couple of somewhat encouraging notes

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Spaz on the lack of a pass rush:

“It’s a combination of things,” Spaziani said. “We had some pressure on him, but I think we’ve got to take a look at how we’re doing it, who’s where, get a little better feel for certain things. Once again, I attribute a lot of it to competition, too. Riley is a pretty clever little guy, and he was able to step up and see some things. But obviously, there’s too much time back there for anybody, so we have to address it. It’s not a new problem, we just didn’t manage it well on Saturday and we have to do a better job.” . . .

Maybe we'll see some different looks and adjustments to get more pressure against FSU. At least it doesn't seem like he's going to ignore the problem. Also, he wasn't directly quoted but the Herald article seemed to indicate that Spaz might still use Tuggle against a more athletic defense.

Finally after what 12+ years at BC, Spaz has clearly and crisply stated what we all have been saying.

After 6.588 shots at Spaz. I bow down to his honesty, and sharp analysis. I mean he hit it perfectly!

That was beautiful Spaz. You made me proud to be a Native American Indian.

Now, like I said, blitzing is a learned art and a timing instinct thing so my suggestion would be to turn the 2 freshman loose, but since you have made this comment, I have renewed faith.

WOW, was that a breath of fresh air.

Maybe the second miracle fumble by WF after the Navy Bowl game has given Spaz a bolt of brilliance.

I am changing my score pick.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Riley is a pretty clever little guy,

Little? He must have seen TRE's picture.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:45 am

I vote for more safety blitzes, esp. w/Noel- a great talent.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 am

Probably the lankiest safety I've seen. He looks like he's 6'4" 150.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:09 am

Our defensive line is depressing. You can't make a chicken salad out of this group.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Our defensive line is depressing. You can't make a chicken salad out of this group.

I'll give Albright some credit. He's played the best of the bunch and forced a fumble. What gives with Holloway? He's turning into a perpetual spring game/fall scrimmage all-star. Didn't Allen Smith always get a few sacks in those games too? :suicide
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:32 am

When someone is sacked during the months of April or May...they are actually not 'sacked'.

The favored way to say it is ..." the quarterback was just Ledbettered ".
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:51 am

Albright is good. He will have at least one sack vs Ponder on Saturday afternoon.

Giles is still adjusting to defensive tackle after playing DE for 3 years. They will be just fine.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:24 am

I wrote after the game that the coaching staff will show me a ton of things if they use a Tuggle package SOLELY in the spread option this weekend. And FSU fan worth his salt will tell you that Mickey Andrews simply has no idea how to stop the spread option. I would think about Tuggle in 10-15 plays in the first half - see if you can recreate that sick drive on the third or fourth possession of the game. And if we get up a TD late in the third into the fourth, use Tuggle and Harris/Haden to kill the clock.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I wrote after the game that the coaching staff will show me a ton of things if they use a Tuggle package SOLELY in the spread option this weekend. And FSU fan worth his salt will tell you that Mickey Andrews simply has no idea how to stop the spread option. I would think about Tuggle in 10-15 plays in the first half - see if you can recreate that sick drive on the third or fourth possession of the game. And if we get up a TD late in the third into the fourth, use Tuggle and Harris/Haden to kill the clock.

Not to mention FSU blogs and boards are still bitching about the clinic Crane and Harris and the line put on to end the game last year. One play called 12 times and they couldn't do shit
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Blitz Le Grande, he's wicked fast.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium