GameDay at FSU-BC?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: GameDay at FSU-BC?

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 am

they have to start letting the cars in at 9:15/9:30. This is just going to be a huge mess if they dont. If they dont let cars in the lots at all untill 1230, the people are still going to show up for gameday and its going to be a disaster area around BC, simply because of the start time. If it had been an 8:00 game this would be a whole different story.

If they are going to let us in early, they have to do it closer to 9:00 bc everyone will be showing up at the same time and the traffic getting into the lots will force alot to miss most of Gameday. I really hope this slimeball Gene D does the right thing. If he has to go to the city, hopefully he plays the whole back story on Herzy to try and gain some concessions for Saturday.

The real quesion will be if :elephant and :spaz3 will be awake to see gameday or is 10-12 there designated late morning nap time.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Sporting News' Andy Hutchins has just slapped the BC student body in the face demanding satisfaction.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sp ... _in_boston
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:47 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Sporting News' Andy Hutchins has just slapped the BC student body in the face demanding satisfaction.

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/ has been doing a very good job following the reasons behind the decision.
And... that is why ATLeagle easily has the 5th or 6th best BC-centric blog out there.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:Sporting News' Andy Hutchins has just slapped the BC student body in the face demanding satisfaction.

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/ has been doing a very good job following the reasons behind the decision.
And... that is why ATLeagle easily has the 5th or 6th best BC-centric blog out there.

you trying to make time with convict's best girl?

Whoops! You forgot to log in as ATLeagle before posting.
:ginger
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Talon,

Sporting News' Andy Hutchins has just slapped the BC student body in the face demanding satisfaction.

This poster that continues to amaze you how stupid he gets, insists that Observer College post on that blog you posted.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:18 pm

This reads like it was written by a Quebecois who knows just enough English to be confusing. Like "Throw the cow over the fence some hay."

It's not my fault. I was educated at Northeastern.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I expect the following signs:
-- Gene in Napolean gear
-- Spaz as Luigi
-- eagleoutsider.com

I'll try to combine 1 and 4. Might be an awkward trip to Kinkos however.

As long as you don't mistakenly give them your unrated version of Skinner - you know, the one you keep for your own personal "use" - you should be all set.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Why does it seem as if everyone is offended by the decision to do Gameday at BC? The reaction seems to be like the show has a moral or contractual obligation to go to a big-time game every week. I remember the anger at the Amherst-Williams broadcast two years ago. Me? I get bored of the same 10 schools over and over again.

For those that still get bunched up, it's the same show, no matter where it is. Basically people will have to sit through 15 minutes of coverage on BC and FSU, and five minutes of that will be Herzy-related and would've been aired no matter where they were.

Beyond that and some shots of Gasson and downtown Boston, it'll be the same thing as always - Herbstreit skeeving on 19 year olds, Corso drunk and yelling, Howard attempting the English language and Fowler doing his Brick Tamland impersonation.

What's the big deal?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:44 pm

I think a lot of the animosity comes from functionally retarded hicks from the various rural wastelands which form SEC country, college football is awesome, but these fucktarded white trash have nothing in life outside of LSU/UGA, et al., there is no cultural diversion outside of the ESS EEE CEE, pro sports are ignored, suck or don't exist. To these morons it is that important to them the gameday never not give them the foremost amount of attention. Fortunately many of them will die in chrystal methamphetamine related explosions at some point in the near future.

Or the people are New Bigeast assholes in which case no explanation is needed.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:46 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I think a lot of the animosity comes from functionally retarded hicks from the various rural wastelands which form SEC country, college football is awesome, but these fucktarded white trash have nothing in life outside of LSU/UGA, et al., there is no cultural diversion outside of the ESS EEE CEE, pro sports are ignored, suck or don't exist. To these morons it is that important to them the gameday never not give them the foremost amount of attention. Fortunately many of them will die in chrystal methamphetamine related explosions at some point in the near future.

The stuff I'm reading is from writers and bloggers: the sporting news douche, the Conventional Wisdom King at The Big Lead, stuff like that. Mostly East-Coast based guys.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I think a lot of the animosity comes from functionally retarded hicks from the various rural wastelands which form SEC country, college football is awesome, but these fucktarded white trash have nothing in life outside of LSU/UGA, et al., there is no cultural diversion outside of the ESS EEE CEE, pro sports are ignored, suck or don't exist. To these morons it is that important to them the gameday never not give them the foremost amount of attention. Fortunately many of them will die in chrystal methamphetamine related explosions at some point in the near future.

The stuff I'm reading is from writers and bloggers: the sporting news douche, the Conventional Wisdom King at The Big Lead, stuff like that. Mostly East-Coast based guys.

Those people are just assholes i guess.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I like this answer.
:ginger
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
did any non-students (alumni etc.) go last time? trying to decide if it's worth attending.

I went. It was cool to see the production, and the crowd made for a specatacle on the Dustbowl. But you can't hear anything they're saying, and you quickly realize that the only thing to do is react to whatever is on the big screen adjacent to the stage, which shows what the folks at home are seeing. I recommend it if you haven't been before.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:56 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
did any non-students (alumni etc.) go last time? trying to decide if it's worth attending.

I went. It was cool to see the production, and the crowd made for a specatacle on the Dustbowl. But you can't hear anything they're saying, and you quickly realize that the only thing to do is react to whatever is on the big screen adjacent to the stage, which shows what the folks at home are seeing. I recommend it if you haven't been before.

I went too. It was a decent experience but got boring after a while.

I also went to "Cold Pizza" on Friday morning. That was much more fun because less people went and we were able to harass Woody Paige and Skip Bayless so that they could hear it. It was also interesting staying up all night after MaryAnn's, making some morning cocktails and stumbling home while others were on their way to classes looking at us with disdain.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I went too. It was a decent experience but got boring after a while.

I also went to "Cold Pizza" on Friday morning. That was much more fun because less people went and we were able to harass Woody Paige and Skip Bayless so that they could hear it. It was also interesting staying up all night after MaryAnn's, making some morning cocktails and stumbling home while others were on their way to classes looking at us with disdain.

This behavior is considered out of the norm at BC? Or was I a fall-down drunk?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I went last time as well, it was pretty cool to see, especially for that game in 2005, and I would say if you were planning on coming to the game before the gameday announcement, go, but its not worth making a special trip to go see just b/c those 4 assholes will be on campus.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:34 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}: it'll be the same thing as always - Herbstreit skeeving on 19 year olds, Corso drunk and yelling, Howard attempting the English language and Fowler doing his Brick Tamland impersonation.

Fowler is Burgundy by default.

Herbie is obviously Brian Fantana - the stylish one of the group, and yes, he has a nickname for his penis. He also named his testes.

Corso is Champ Kind - all about having fun. Get a couple of cocktails in him, he'll start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take his pants off. He's become kind of famous for his catchphrase, "Not so fast, my friend."

Howard is Brick Tamland - people seem to like him because he's polite and rarely late. He likes ice cream and a nice pair of slacks. Years from now, he will discover he has an IQ of 48.

Note - I was somewhat startled at how neatly this lined up.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 pm

The Big Lead thinks GameDay is with FSU so Bowden can announce his upcoming retirement on the show. I say no way and that the old codger will not hang it up until JoePa does.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=22609
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The Big Lead thinks GameDay is with FSU so Bowden can announce his upcoming retirement on the show. I say no way and that the old codger will not hang it up until JoePa does.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=22609

His post game press conf Sat was very sad.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby quillisswill on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Btw, which local Massachusetts celebrity will be making their college football picks on Gameday? I'd like to see a debate between Menino and Dr. Lou - it should set English language back a couple hundred years.
quillisswill
n00b

Postby BCdee on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:28 pm

quillisswill {l Wrote}:Btw, which local Massachusetts celebrity will be making their college football picks on Gameday? I'd like to see a debate between Menino and Dr. Lou - it should set English language back a couple hundred years.

Hahahaaa, that would be horrible. :shock:
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Supposedly the special guest is Doug Flutie. Logical choice but weird since ESPN dumped him.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
quillisswill {l Wrote}:Btw, which local Massachusetts celebrity will be making their college football picks on Gameday? I'd like to see a debate between Menino and Dr. Lou - it should set English language back a couple hundred years.

I was at a charity auction a few months back where Mumbles Menino was the Emcee/Auctioneer. I'm not lying about that. It was like listening to every HaleToTheVictorers post ever written on EI. Needless to say, the auction goals were not met.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Question, presumably for HJS: What is the reasoning behind the rule requiring pedestrians to wait 30 minutes before coming onto Shea? Its not a rule for any other lot. :pickle
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 pm

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:Question, presumably for HJS: What is the reasoning behind the rule requiring pedestrians to wait 30 minutes before coming onto Shea? Its not a rule for any other lot. :pickle

I was going to go on the Shea but I did not because of the huge line. Do they check ID now?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

They just check for tickets. Not IDs
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:43 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:

A homerun would be Matty. They have a bye this week.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:44 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Supposedly the special guest is Doug Flutie. Logical choice but weird since ESPN dumped him.

any reason why ESPN dumped him? was he caught banging an intern? was she a current/former basketball player?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 pm

BCDF22 {l Wrote}:Question, presumably for HJS: What is the reasoning behind the rule requiring pedestrians to wait 30 minutes before coming onto Shea? Its not a rule for any other lot. :pickle

It is just a rule put in place by Gene because he sucks. We went over ad nausea in the "why BC gameday experience sucks donkey balls" thread. While Gene likes to pretend everything is legislated, he is the one who instituted rules like: no walking onto Shea for the first 30 minutes... no accessing Shea without a ticket... no bringing alcohol onto Shea... and no tailgating from 30 minutes before through the end of the game. All those moves were Gene's fucking Springfield College-educated ideas.

I have no idea behind the rationale of any of those Gene rules. But, campion believes that it is because there are MILLION DOLLAR homes directly across the street... MILLION DOLLAR HOMES!!!!!!

Fuck Gene and those who try to defend him the effing little garden gnome.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium