Pats Falcons game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pats Falcons game thread

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:36 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:I am aImage
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whomever is calling the Pats' redzone plays should be fucking drawn and quartered. :whiteflag :suicide :gun

Honestly Teddy, I don't get you today. Watson dropped a touchdown, but it's the OC's fault? What more do you want him to do?

Dude, they are 1 for their last 8 in the redzone converting TDs. They called a fucking miserable screen pass on 3rd and 10. Earlier on 3rd and goal from the three, they threw a 2 yard pass to Faulk. It is Bible-esque.

Watson probably should have caught it, but it wasn't going to be a TD where it was thrown. He hits Watson below the helmet, then it would be a TD. Brady is just off.

Probably should have caught it? It hit him in the hands at the goal line. It would have been a TD (or 1st and goal from the one foot line) and it should be caught. Just like the Galloway play should've been caught. There's another blown red zone TD. And the Aiken pull-up.

I just don't see the problem with the play calling. I'm seeing Brady miss open people (Moss, Watson) and people dropping passes (Watson, Galloway, Edelman) I also am not seeing the Pats D doing anything wrong. Or a blowout. Or JR Smith stinking.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Sweet argument Regal. Almost as sweet as your grammar.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Does Brace dress? Pryor took Wilfork's place.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:42 pm

JR Smith doesn't stink, he sucks.

And that ball hit Watson, a TE that wears big pads, on the hands while he had his arms outstretched and jumping. He was wide open. Not a good throw.

You are right about the Galloway and Aiken plays. And you are right about the Pats D - they are playing better than I expected this week. But this is still a game until the Pats put one in the end zone.

This drive will be telling.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:46 pm

I would gladly take the likes of Petersen, Strong, English, Sarkisian, Patterson, Foster, Harbaugh, and others over Kiffin. And I should have known that a donkey would defend a douche. As a BU Turd, one needs to defend his daily existence as a douche - even with proclamations of attaining a BC Acceptance Letter.

RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Surprised they didn't throw a bailout flag for PI again....
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Well, that throw was nice. Moss usually catches that.

Don't understand all of these time outs. Really not in sync.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Anyone else see the obvious roughing the passer flag the refs just missed? HE TOUCHED BRADY TOO HARD!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Okay, that drive makes me feel better. The Pats have been better this week, but they are still not quite ready for prime time.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Dear RegalOJ,

I don't know you, and you bore me. You provide no wit or intellect to the board. Your posts are a smattering of words and unamusing and unoriginal insults. You are lumped in with BeaconFavre, 81Eagle, BaldwinJr, and others. So congrats.

Please don't take it personally that you don't cross my mind and that I won't entertain your childish posts. As you were.

-BUConvict

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:55 pm

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:58 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Dear Regal

I am utterly full of shit but somehow validate my boring existence with a sense of celebrity on an internet message board of a school I didn't attend. I strive for acceptance amongst the most frequest posters by acting tough, something I only do anonymously through the internet. I recognize that I am nothing more than a Donkey.

PS, I got accepted to BC ... I swear ... but went to BU because blah, blah, cough, cough, bullshit....

-BUConvict
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Much like the Wake game this week, Convict, I am happy with the win but see a lot of things that I don't like. I especially don't like the fact that the Pats are going without an offensive coordinator and that Brady and his receivers look lost out there. Obviously, the glaring difference between the two games is that one coaching staff is great and the other has sucked so far, but that doesn't mean I can't critique the game and see the negatives.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Dear Spaz,
Please watch the Jets game.

It's 3rd and long and 4th and long with the game on the line. Do they drop 7? 8? No they blitz and win.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Much like the Wake game this week, Convict, I am happy with the win but see a lot of things that I don't like. I especially don't like the fact that the Pats are going without an offensive coordinator and that Brady and his receivers look lost out there. Obviously, the glaring difference between the two games is that one coaching staff is great and the other has sucked so far, but that doesn't mean I can't critique the game and see the negatives.

I think the Pats' underwhelming performances are a product of not having Welker. He does an awful lot for Brady as a safety valve/ensuring no 3rd and longs, and his absence is limiting Brady's options.

I think there is a difference between critiquing shortcomings and being Debbie Downer during a pretty one-sided win over a team you proclaimed would 'blow them out'. The Pats just beat a very good team, and in pretty easy fashion. I am optimistic about what this team is capable of doing when everyone is back healthy and in sync with one another, not pessimistic about why they didn't beat a playoff team by more than two touchdowns.

I respect you.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:17 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Much like the Wake game this week, Convict, I am happy with the win but see a lot of things that I don't like. I especially don't like the fact that the Pats are going without an offensive coordinator and that Brady and his receivers look lost out there. Obviously, the glaring difference between the two games is that one coaching staff is great and the other has sucked so far, but that doesn't mean I can't critique the game and see the negatives.

I think the Pats' underwhelming performances are a product of not having Welker. He does an awful lot for Brady as a safety valve/ensuring no 3rd and longs, and his absence is limiting Brady's options.

I think there is a difference between critiquing shortcomings and being Debbie Downer during a pretty one-sided win over a team you proclaimed would 'blow them out'. The Pats just beat a very good team, and in pretty easy fashion. I am optimistic about what this team is capable of doing when everyone is back healthy and in sync with one another, not pessimistic about why they didn't beat a playoff team by more than two touchdowns.

I respect you.

I believe the Pats are the best team in the league when they are in sync. They have better offensive talent than the 2007 team, with Gallowa, Baker and Taylor added to Moss, Brady, Watson and Welker. But there is no escaping that, despite the fact that they are 2-1, they haven't looked very good doing it.

The defense was good today. They won the game by shutting down Ryan and Turner. I was wrong about that part, and thus the prediction itself. Because of the defense, the offense was allowed to do just enough to win. But I don't like having to rely on the D when you have that kind of offensive talent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium