Pats Falcons game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pats Falcons game thread

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:58 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:NFL refs, in general, are pretty awful. That had to be reviewed?

Ron Cherry is probably watching this game for pointers.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:11 pm

What a coincidence that Matt Ryan enjoys a TV show on Fox. It was nice that they were able to mention it while broadcasting the game on Fox.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby billyshelby on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Anybody post a link?
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:12 pm

It's a decent show.

Nice BC shout out there. Saying his time at BC prepared him, and they do a lot of the same things.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:14 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I'm a Pats fan but today I feel myself rooting for the Falcons. I would love to see Ryan to White all day long, for Fantasy purposes!

You are not a Pats fan.

You are not a BC fan. Wait, or should it be you are not a BU fan.

Nobody who is rooting for the Falcons can call themselves a Patriots fan.

You still owe me an answer in the Lane Kiffin thread.

My comment was about how I "feel" about the game. I have rooted for the Pats my whole life, but have so much respect and admiration for Matt Ryan (and even the Falcons) that I'm torn to a degree. There's never been a time that I wouldn't be utterly disappointed with a Patriots loss. Today would be the exception - especially considering that Brady is not Brady, the D is young and questionable, the receiving corp is beat up, and the gameplanning has been less than stellar.

What was your question on the Kiffin thread. I only recall discussing the merits of his douchebaggery. And I don't owe you anything. BWT, your display of Patriots Merrymanism is comical, but then again, I'd expect nothing less from you.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Nice video of Belichick and Brady there. Mr. Galloway better start catching the ball or he is going to be cut tomorrow.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:52 pm

convict, everything still feel alright with this team? Because this is the third straight week that they have looked terrible to me. Hopefully they hold on and get it together, but they are way out of sync.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:52 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I'm a Pats fan but today I feel myself rooting for the Falcons. I would love to see Ryan to White all day long, for Fantasy purposes!

You are not a Pats fan.

My comment was about how I "feel" about the game. I have rooted for the Pats my whole life, but have so much respect and admiration for Matt Ryan (and even the Falcons) that I'm torn to a degree. There's never been a time that I wouldn't be utterly disappointed with a Patriots loss. Today would be the exception - especially considering that Brady is not Brady, the D is young and questionable, the receiving corp is beat up, and the gameplanning has been less than stellar.

What was your question on the Kiffin thread. I only recall discussing the merits of his douchebaggery. And I don't owe you anything. BWT, your display of Patriots Merrymanism is comical, but then again, I'd expect nothing less from you.

Being bullish on the prospects of a team that went 11-5 without Tom Brady last year, a team coached by a 3 time Super Bowl Champion, etc etc makes me a Merryman? Ok kid.

RE: Kiffin, you said "There are plenty of other coaches that have his enthusiasm, energy, and creativity without the baggage." To which I replied "Such as?" And you never answered. Because you suck.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby holycross87 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Brady is turning into a douche imo...doing more "yelling at guys" rather than leading.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:Brady is turning into a douche imo...doing more "yelling at guys" rather than leading.

Well he does have a lot of receivers doing really dumb shit. The Aiken pass before the half was an easy TD, and the kid inexplicably stopped.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:convict, everything still feel alright with this team? Because this is the third straight week that they have looked terrible to me. Hopefully they hold on and get it together, but they are way out of sync.

The red zone offense has been poor, but that will come around. The 07 team would be up 28-10, but it'll take some more time (and the return of Welker) for that to happen again. The defense has been excellent by every measure.

As of right now, this team is good enough to beat the Falcons, let alone avoid getting "blown out" by them.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:Brady is turning into a douche imo...doing more "yelling at guys" rather than leading.

Yes, because yelling at people who fuck up makes one a douche...

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:00 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:convict, everything still feel alright with this team? Because this is the third straight week that they have looked terrible to me. Hopefully they hold on and get it together, but they are way out of sync.

The red zone offense has been poor, but that will come around. The 07 team would be up 28-10, but it'll take some more time (and the return of Welker) for that to happen again. The defense has been excellent by every measure.

As of right now, this team is good enough to beat the Falcons, let alone avoid getting "blown out" by them.

The defense is not that good. Little to no pass rush, and a mediocre secondary. And without Mayo, the LBs are just young and stupid. Pierre Woods' only contribution is to hit guys after the whistle.

"Ryan with all day" has been a common refrain today, Short of a weak PI call, the Falcons would be up right now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm

I thought the push off was pretty clear cut
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I thought the push off was pretty clear cut

Sure. But when was the last time they called that? If they called that on Moss, he would never score.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

You are not a Pats fan.

There is no exception. If you're a Patriots fan, you root for the Patriots to win. I want Matt Ryan to have a tremendous season and I wouldn't mind if he threw for 300 yards today, as long as the Patriots win. It's pretty simple.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Wow that was a ballsy call. Think Spaz would do that?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wow that was a ballsy call. Think Spaz would do that?

I know a coach that would have, but I'm not allowed to say his name
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:09 pm

These refs are a joke:
1) The roughing the passer on Brady, just put a skirt on him
2) The review on Ryan's throw.
3) The PI in the endzone, you never call PI on the offense unless it's obvious.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Wow, the Pats playcalling is shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The PI in the endzone, you never call PI on the offense unless it's obvious.

It was obvious. Arm bar-ing a defender to the ground is pretty clear cut.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:14 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:The PI in the endzone, you never call PI on the offense unless it's obvious.

Meh. Looked like Bodden tripped over his own feet to me. It was interference, but it was a pretty weak call. If Ryan had thrown it 3 yards further, it is an easy TD.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The defense is not that good. Little to no pass rush, and a mediocre secondary. And without Mayo, the LBs are just young and stupid. Pierre Woods' only contribution is to hit guys after the whistle.

"Ryan with all day" has been a common refrain today, Short of a weak PI call, the Falcons would be up right now.

The no pass rush, no Mayo, no secondary defense is holding the 'unstoppable' Falcon offense to ten points through three quarters. Pitiful indeed.

And you think the call is weak, but it was obvious PI, which is illegal, which is why the TD was called back.

Why are you so self-loathing today?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

Meh. Looked like Bodden tripped over his own feet to me. It was interference, but it was a pretty weak call. If Ryan had thrown it 3 yards further, it is an easy TD.

It was also the exact same thing Jenkins and Bodden did a couple plays earlier, the difference being Bodden didn't fall over the first time. It met the letter of the rule, sure, but a weak call in the end zone.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:18 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The defense is not that good. Little to no pass rush, and a mediocre secondary. And without Mayo, the LBs are just young and stupid. Pierre Woods' only contribution is to hit guys after the whistle.

The no pass rush, no Mayo, no secondary defense is holding the 'unstoppable' Falcon offense to ten points through three quarters. Pitiful indeed.

And call is weak, but it was PI, which is illegal, which is why the TD was called back.

Why are you so self-loathing today?

The Falcons aren't playing great. The Pats should have taken advantage and stepped on some throats. But they didn't. And that will give Ryan a chance, which I don't like.

I am probably a little hard on the defense. But the stats are misleading - they have not been as good as their ranking might lead one to believe.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:20 pm

The Falcons' coach looks like Steve Martin.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Whomever is calling the Pats' redzone plays should be fucking drawn and quartered. :whiteflag :suicide :gun
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whomever is calling the Pats' redzone plays should be fucking drawn and quartered. :whiteflag :suicide :gun

Honestly Teddy, I don't get you today. Watson dropped a touchdown, but it's the OC's fault? What more do you want him to do?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 pm

The Falcons' rush defense is even worse than their pass defense. Fred Taylor destroyed the whole team on the Pats' TD drive, then stopped getting the ball. When you've already run the ball easily, why go shotgun and 4 wide from the five yard line? It's just a weird decision, and has not paid off.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:32 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whomever is calling the Pats' redzone plays should be fucking drawn and quartered. :whiteflag :suicide :gun

Honestly Teddy, I don't get you today. Watson dropped a touchdown, but it's the OC's fault? What more do you want him to do?

Dude, they are 1 for their last 8 in the redzone converting TDs. They called a fucking miserable screen pass on 3rd and 10. Earlier on 3rd and goal from the three, they threw a 2 yard pass to Faulk. It is Bible-esque.

Watson probably should have caught it, but it wasn't going to be a TD where it was thrown. He hits Watson below the helmet, then it would be a TD. Brady is just off.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium