The Atlantic Division

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

The Atlantic Division

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 am

Yesterday confirmed the division is not very good. All the teams have major issues. We could win it. Unfortunately I think TOB will since he has the best QB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: The Atlantic Division

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 am

Agreed. We'd win it if Jags and Logan were still here. Just sayin'.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:58 am

I think Clemson wins it. They lost two close ones to pretty good teams. They aren't great but they are the best of the weak crop of Atlantic Division teams. BC does have a chance given the parity.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:26 am

I don't think Clemson will win. I have rational reasoning for that, I just feel like they'll pull a Clemson and lose the division down the stretch.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 am

TOB wins the division? When Tranq flies...
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:33 am

15Radnor {l Wrote}:TOB wins the division? When Tranq flies...

Clemson has the inside track. They play @ Miami, and @ NC State. NC State plays @ FSU, @VT, home vs UNC, and @ Wake. FSU plays @ UNC, @ Clemson, and @ Wake.

I think all 3 of those teams end up with at least 2 ACC losses. This will come down to tiebreakers.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:39 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Clemson has the inside track. They play @ Miami, and @ NC State. NC State plays @ FSU, @VT, home vs UNC, and @ Wake. FSU plays @ UNC, @ Clemson, and @ Wake.

I think all 3 of those teams end up with at least 2 ACC losses. This will come down to tiebreakers.

Serious question. If all the teams in the Atlantic go 4-4 then we go to head to head for a tie-breaker which obviously doesn't work. Then, I think it goes to in-division record and let's assume that fails to break the tie. What are the third and fourth tie-breakers? In this crazy year and crazy division, it could happen.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:46 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Serious question. If all the teams in the Atlantic go 4-4 then we go to head to head for a tie-breaker which obviously doesn't work. Then, I think it goes to in-division record and let's assume that fails to break the tie. What are the third and fourth tie-breakers? In this crazy year and crazy division, it could happen.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=acc+division+tie+breakers
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Agreed. We'd win it if Jags and Logan were still here. Just sayin'.

ho-hummmmmm.....this is so so tiresome....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Agreed. We'd win it if Jags and Logan were still here. Just sayin'.

Are you telling me this thought didn't cross your mind as we did everything we could to lose the game in the 4th quarter yesterday.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Where is 74 and scrush?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:

It's also fucking true, sadly.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 am

If BC loses Saturday, I'd say their chances of winning the division is a BC engineering approximation of zero.

I'd say that if BC beats FSU on Saturday, that BC (at 4-1, 2-1 in the ACC, ALL ACC games within division) will be a 50-50 shot at winning the division for the 3rd straight year (mostly because NCState, Maryland, and Clemson haven't played each other yet.) Of course, BC winning the Atlantic is the last think the ACC wants (another ACC Championship with 26,000 people in the stands) but what can you do.

In order for this BC-winning-the-Atlantic scenario to happen, Spaz must do something that neither TOB nor Jags could do with much better teams (2005 & 2007), that is, beat FSU in Chestnut Hill. For whatever reason (and I still can't figure it out) FSU plays their BEST GAME of their season against BC when they play BC in Massachusetts. It has been that way since BC joined the ACC. On the flipside, when BC ventures down to Florida, FSU winds up playing one of the worst games of the year against BC. The data is in. The results are scoreboard.

I don't know HOW Spaz could beat Bobby Bowdin with this team in Chestnut Hill. I suppose it is possible (anything is possible) but I can't see how BC plays like South Florida did yesterday. I fear the FSU team that we will all see on Saturday will look more like the version that showed up at Provo Utah two weeks ago.... and if that happens.... :suicide

Anyway, if they beat FSU (even by just one point) I will be thrilled and so will every other poster on this board. I really don't care how they get it done, just get 'er done.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

It may be true, but the broken record does get annoying.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

This game should not have come down to a game in the last 5 mins. had it not been the defenses ability to touch Skinner....so if Logan and Jags had a plan for that woefully obvious inability (which was not first evident yesterday by the way) then I retract my statements. That game was a defensive debaucle, specifically, the defenses complete lack of an effective pass rush, and/or any scheme to get to the opposing QB.....

So keep up the whining over spilt' milk, but I think it's blinding you to the obvious.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:27 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

This game should not have come down to a game in the last 5 mins. had it not been the defenses ability to touch Skinner....so if Logan and Jags had a plan for that woefully obvious inability (which was not first evident yesterday by the way) then I retract my statements. That game was a defensive debaucle, specifically, the defenses complete lack of an effective pass rush, and/or any scheme to get to the opposing QB.....

So keep up the whining over spilt' milk, but I think it's blinding you to the obvious.

It was a defensive debacle because of scheme, not talent. It was not first evident because the scheme was different when they were in a close game. Is it your premise that the BC defense sucked yesterday, but we just didn't see it until they got up 2 touchdowns? Seriously?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

It was a defensive debacle because of scheme, not talent. It was not first evident because the scheme was different when they were in a close game. Is it your premise that the BC defense sucked yesterday, but we just didn't see it until they got up 2 touchdowns? Seriously?

Nice Faxcial 2bg9.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:41 am

jrlbc06 {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=acc+division+tie+breakers

Thanks. Now I need Advil. Too complicated to play-out all the scenarios at this early stage.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:50 am

cLEAN UP THIS SITE, SO i DELETED MY POST.

Post a reply 2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Edit postReport this postReply with quote WILL TOBLUNDERS0-12 MAKE A TITLE RUN WITH WILSON?
by BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 am

NC State has some players and a defense.

NC State has a Matt Ryanesque chucker in Wilson and the best QB in the ACC.

Make no mistake, Russell Wilson is a season and career chnager like Matt Ryan.

Nemo has turned him loose, learning from his last year with Ryan,

If you have a QB like him and a weak ACC division and you get some breaks, the Ginger may finally get a shot at VT?

NCState plays VT during the year too, so a re-match is always a benefit.

If the Marine doesn't get this Wolfpack team to the title game with Russell Wilson, those pups should be pissed off.

BC, well we know our own QB issues, FSU is suspect offensively and helter skelter, Maryland is horrible so far and Wake Forest is WF, and Clemson has no offense as I picked TCU to smother them?

The Wolfpack plays Duke, UNC and VT.

If BC wants to go the ship for the 3rd staright time then beating FSU and NCSTATE are must wins.

Lose 1, and BC will be in tiebreaker hell.
Boston College Eagles BCEagle74
BC GUY

Private message
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 am

The Prophet has spoken.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:48 pm

eagletx needs to eat a dick.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm

depends on which FSU team shows up. If it is the USF, Jacksonville team we should be fine. If it is the BYU, Miami team we will have a rough go of it. We will see.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 pm

The Road to the Atlantic goes through the Marine Supply Officer.

You read it here first.

TOBlunders0-12 has Russell Wilson.

Is is true he was a Chuck Amato recruit?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:05 am

Make no mistake, Russell Wilson is a season and career changer like Matt Ryan.

If you have a QB like him and a weak ACC division and you get some breaks, the Ginger may finally get a shot at VT?

If the Marine doesn't get this Wolfpack team to the title game with Russell Wilson, those pups should be pissed off.

BC, well we know our own QB issues, FSU is suspect offensively and helter skelter, Maryland is horrible so far and Wake Forest is WF, and Clemson has no offense as I picked TCU to smother them?

If BC wants to go the ship for the 3rd staright time then beating FSU and NCSTATE are must wins.

Lose 1, and BC will be in tiebreaker hell.
[/quote]

Nationla media is picking up on what I and others observed on Saturday. This RW QB has the potential to run the ACC table and make the disciplinarian's fake legend become so overblown that Gingeritis will be a blessing.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:10 am

Make no mistake, Russell Wilson is a season and career changer like Matt Ryan.

If TOB shits the bed versus Grobe with this team, then the Wolves will be howling. Wf is weak and NCSU is tough, but Wake is -1 showing big BAMA for Grobe and Skinner. TOBlunders0-12, destiny is calling your ginger ass this weekend to make a run for the title with Russell Wilson and Nemo. We shall see.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby tallsy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 am

I think this could be Clemson's year. With Tommy Bowden gone, they are not doomed to lose games they should. The Defense is very strong. As soon as Russell Wilson faces a non-Wanny coached real defense, he'll be as hesitant as he was against USC.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:depends on which FSU team shows up. If it is the USF, Jacksonville team we should be fine. If it is the BYU, Miami team we will have a rough go of it. We will see.

There's a second team on the field that could affect the outcome as well. Pulling off this "upset" would hardly be such. Sure, a couple weeks back it looked like a huge mountain to climb, but now it's more a mound of mud now. And I agree the tiebreakers over FSU and NCSU would be invaluable as the division is looking like it will end up being one Yuge cluster-fudging.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:02 am

I'd go with either FSU or NC State. Clemson is close but they already have 1 loss and I think FSU's conf. schedule is easier from here out.

Anyone could win it really, none of those three look like anything special and BC, Wake, Maryland look even worse.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 am

I thought that way before the Wake-BC game. Now (after watched what Skinner did to us at the end) I'm thinking the best QB in the ACC is Skinner. Wilson is no slouch, #2. But I don't think Wilson and NCState ties BC if BC is leading 24-10, with 7 minutes to go in the game.

I think Wilson's numbers will look better at the end of the year than Skinner's because Wislon has more weapons than does Skinner. The NCState-Wake Forest game, I'll bet the "over."

TRE is correct, the Coastal division winner will be in the Orange Bowl. It will probably be VPI (3 years in a row.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am

Saturday's game is huge, HUGE for BC. Since they lost to Clemson, if BC wants a shot a Tampa I think they really need to win this game. The biggest reason why BC went to Tampa last year was not because they were 5-3 in the Conferance, but because they were 4-1 in the Atlantic. I don't think BC can get back to Tampa without beating FSU, NCState, and Maryland. They have to win them all....
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium