Wildest ending?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Wildest ending?

Postby CTEagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:53 am

I would make yesterday's ending maybe the wildest ever at Alumni.

The only other one I can think of is the 34-33 win over Clemson a few years ago. Thoughts?

Can't say I've seen the kids more excited than after Wes D picked up the ball. I'm happy we got a win. Not sure why so many others are so nitpicky. Christ. After last week's disaster, we take this one and move forward, no?
CTEagle
n00b

Re: Wildest ending?

Postby talon on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 am

CTEagle {l Wrote}:Not sure why so many others are so nitpicky.

I said it in another thread, but I'm happy BC won. I'm not happy that they didn't try to go for the jugular halfway through the fourth quarter and allowed the game to get to the point where they needed a mistake by WF on 1st and goal in OT to win the game.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 am

We're nitpicky because for three and a half quarters, we were two or three touchdowns better than Wake Forest. But we showed no killer instinct and let Wake Forest back in the game. If not for a fluke fuck-up by Wake's backfield, we would have lost a game in which we were two to three touchdowns better than the opponent. Unacceptable.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:05 am

CTEagle {l Wrote}:I would make yesterday's ending maybe the wildest ever at Alumni.

The only other one I can think of is the 34-33 win over Clemson a few years ago. Thoughts?

Can't say I've seen the kids more excited than after Wes D picked up the ball. I'm happy we got a win. Not sure why so many others are so nitpicky. Christ. After last week's disaster, we take this one and move forward, no?

Comparing yesterday's game to a Matty Ryan win over Clemson is like comparing Spaz's win over Kent State to Henning's win over Notre Dame because the scores were similar.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:29 am

Yesterday was not the most exciting game:

Three years ago

Clemson and BYU were more exciting.

I wouldn't call yesterday exciting. I would call yesterday infuriating. We should have won 31-10.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:32 am

100% agree with Talon and apbc. That is all.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:100% agree with Talon and apbc. That is all.

I'd sooner compare yesterday to Boise State. Game we should have dominated, game we were leading, game we almost let them come back and win if not for a fluke mistake.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby CTEagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 am

Look. I love BC. Maybe more than my wife. But since when are we good enough to call a win over Wake "unacceptable?" That's ridiculous. We're not LSU. We recruit good kids who actually go to class. We're never going to be a national power. But we're a damn good program, especially given that we must recruit kids who can read in an area of the country where college football is an afterthought.

So when we win a game against a decent team who has a senior quarterback, I'm not calling it "unacceptable." Christ almighty. Some of you think we're freaking Florida.
CTEagle
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 am

CTEagle {l Wrote}:I would make yesterday's ending maybe the wildest ever at Alumni.

No. Beating a terrible football team at home does not erase brutal coaching deficiencies. They actually got a decent game out of the OLine and QB yesterday and they still almost fucked it up.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 am

CTEagle {l Wrote}:Look. I love BC. Maybe more than my wife. But since when are we good enough to call a win over Wake "unacceptable?" That's ridiculous. We're not LSU. We recruit good kids who actually go to class. We're never going to be a national power. But we're a damn good program, especially given that we must recruit kids who can read in an area of the country where college football is an afterthought.

So when we win a game against a decent team who has a senior quarterback, I'm not calling it "unacceptable." Christ almighty. Some of you think we're freaking Florida.

No. Some of think we can be BC without a timid coaching staff. Like the previous two years.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 am

CTEagle {l Wrote}:Look. I love BC. Maybe more than my wife. But since when are we good enough to call a win over Wake "unacceptable?" That's ridiculous. We're not LSU. We recruit good kids who actually go to class. We're never going to be a national power. But we're a damn good program, especially given that we must recruit kids who can read in an area of the country where college football is an afterthought.

And you think "we're up, aren't we?"
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 am

We are what we are :koolaid :toby
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:38 am

I love BC too but I refuse to accept that we can't win the NC and we should just settle for our 8-10 wins and a trip to the ACCCG and a third class bowl. We ended up being ranked 10th 2 years ago and 4th in Fluties Senior year. It can be done. But lowering the goal is not going to help us get there.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:41 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

I love BC too but I refuse to accept that we can't win the NC and we should just settle for our 8-10 wins and a trip to the ACCCG and a third class bowl. We ended up being ranked 10th 2 years ago and 4th in Fluties Senior year. It can be done. But lowering the goal is not going to help us get there.

1981Eagle, I like this new version of you. Stick to this topic and we will never argue.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium