Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby joesim on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
So in one day...
BC has become the 25th best recruiting class in the country an 4th best in the ACC. Not bad.

Up to 19th
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
So in one day...
BC has become the 25th best recruiting class in the country an 4th best in the ACC. Not bad.

This is fantastic. OTHER OFFERS BITCHES!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:54 am

TGOSB in bold

TGOSB

ADMIN

Re: Need to close on Jake Pickard Reply
Originally posted by secqq:

Originally posted by Con1818:
He's on campus right now.. Strong offer list and great film! Close on him!!'

I don't possibly see how we could miss. On a side note how does a kid have offers from BC, Nebraska, Louisville and Oregon have only 2 stars ? Stars are becoming as much of a joke as 40 yard dash times.
In this day and age of verbal offers without anything backing it up (see NCAA rule change for written offers moved from Sept. 1 of junior year to Aug. of senior year) offers can many times be the joke, I'd be curious to see how many of his offer schools would take him. Not sure BC will even take him.

TGOSB
National Recruiting Analyst
mike@rivals.com

secqq

Re: Need to close on Jake Pickard

Originally posted by TGOSB:

Originally posted by secqq:

Originally posted by Con1818:
He's on campus right now.. Strong offer list and great film! Close on him!!'

I don't possibly see how we could miss. On a side note how does a kid have offers from BC, Nebraska, Louisville and Oregon have only 2 stars ? Stars are becoming as much of a joke as 40 yard dash times.

In this day and age of verbal offers without anything backing it up (see NCAA rule change for written offers moved from Sept. 1 of junior year to Aug. of senior year) offers can many times be the joke, I'd be curious to see how many of his offer schools would take him. Not sure BC will even take him.

Than why list the offers in the first place ?
6/26 4:10 PM | IP: Logged

cnuth

Walk-On

Yet you list these offers on his profile....
6/26 4:14 PM | IP: Logged

TGOSB

ADMIN

Because the kids report them and the sources at schools confirm them but that doesn't make them committable in most cases. Written offers were much harder to wriggle out of and now some schools will say "we offered but he's not an early take" or "we offered to stay in the game" and my favorite "if he thinks he's been offered that's fine". It's why we never rank based on offers and the last 3 years have made that practice invaluable.

TGOSB
mike@rivals.com
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:56 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Because the kids report them and the sources at schools confirm them but that doesn't make them committable in most cases. Written offers were much harder to wriggle out of and now some schools will say "we offered but he's not an early take" or "we offered to stay in the game" and my favorite "if he thinks he's been offered that's fine". It's why we never rank based on offers and the last 3 years have made that practice invaluable.

Question for people who pay for this "information" - why do you do that?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:28 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Because the kids report them and the sources at schools confirm them but that doesn't make them committable in most cases. Written offers were much harder to wriggle out of and now some schools will say "we offered but he's not an early take" or "we offered to stay in the game" and my favorite "if he thinks he's been offered that's fine". It's why we never rank based on offers and the last 3 years have made that practice invaluable.

Question for people who pay for this "information" - why do you do that?

We would miss stuff like this:

Re: Need to close on Jake Pickard

TGOSB:
Because the kids report them and the sources at schools confirm them but that doesn't make them committable in most cases. Written offers were much harder to wriggle out of and now some schools will say "we offered but he's not an early take" or "we offered to stay in the game" and my favorite "if he thinks he's been offered that's fine". It's why we never rank based on offers and the last 3 years have made that practice invaluable.

secqq:
Than I ask again, why list them in the first place ? The offers are a joke, the 40 times are a joke. What's next , EagleGrad doesn't really study film of Kentucky HS players ?

feydachamp:
He just answered your question. Its quite simple actually. A school offers 15 RB's but they have the 15 RB's ranked in order of which one they prefer and are willing to take. If they need 2 RB's and land the top 2 on their board the rest of the kids they offered no longer have committable offers. "Thank you but no thanks kid, we got the 2 that we wanted, we no longer have room for you at RB". If the top 2 commit elsewhere then move on the next group of RB's. Even though an offer isn't 100% committable at the time of the offer it could be depending on what the other kids higher on the board decide to do. These are classic tactics used by coaches. Offers could also depend on grades i.e Torres.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:13 am

I guess they don't have many TRADERS on that board. It sounds like they are trying to make the distinction between an offer and an indication of interest.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: Nolan Borgerson

Why didn't he have more offers? Dare I say, skin color. (I don't know Nolan's skin color, just guessing based on his last name)

How many stars did Wes Welker, Eric Decker, Jordy Nelson get from Rivals? I don't remember any being even close to a big name recruit out of HS. They ended up at colleges that typically don't compete for 4-star recruits, and they absolutely lit it up at the college and now NFL level. We may have something similar on our hands with Borgersen.

I'll take the productivity, and I'm excited about this commitment.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

:81
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Re: Nolan Borgerson

Why didn't he have more offers? Dare I say, skin color. (I don't know Nolan's skin color, just guessing based on his last name)

How many stars did Wes Welker, Eric Decker, Jordy Nelson get from Rivals? I don't remember any being even close to a big name recruit out of HS. They ended up at colleges that typically don't compete for 4-star recruits, and they absolutely lit it up at the college and now NFL level. We may have something similar on our hands with Borgersen.

I'll take the productivity, and I'm excited about this commitment.

Is this a joke???? I came to this thread to mockingly ask if they were justifying his lack of stars due to his resemblence to Opie. Unbelievable...
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Good hands and smooth.
Mike Farrell
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Losing to Syracuse
last year was a tough end to the season, but I think it is a huge blessing in disguise. Had Daz entered BC and cranked out 8 wins regular season, we would be entering this year with higher expectations both from within the program as well as from outside media. Additionally, his name would have rocketed further to the top of other school's minds who will be searching for a coach sometime soon. While letting up a TD with 6 seconds was absolutely crushing....and it really was, we are now entering a season with a chip on our shoulder due to people shitting on us in the polls and more tempered, realistic expectations for this season. I think anyone who is a BC diehard will agree, the outside media is really underestimating this squad, mostly due to the loss of Rettig, Amidon and Williams. Of those 3, I would say Amidon is actually the biggest loss. Sure Williams did what he did and not taking anything at all away from his unbelievable season last year. But Myles Willis looks like the real deal and we have a stable of young, talented RB's. With Rettig, we lost a seasoned, smart, mediocre D1 QB and, I won't be surprised if Murphy ends up being a significant upgrade at the position. That leaves WR, where losing Amidon really is a tough blow. So all in all, what to an outsider may seem like us losing seemingly all our offensive productivity, really is far less of a step back than it seems. To conclude, I have the Cuse game circled on my calendar this year and believe that they are in for an absolute thrashing by our guys. That loss last year has better positioned us for further success this one.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:06 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse
last year was a tough end to the season, but I think it is a huge blessing in disguise. Had Daz entered BC and cranked out 8 wins regular season, we would be entering this year with higher expectations both from within the program as well as from outside media. Additionally, his name would have rocketed further to the top of other school's minds who will be searching for a coach sometime soon. While letting up a TD with 6 seconds was absolutely crushing....and it really was, we are now entering a season with a chip on our shoulder due to people shitting on us in the polls and more tempered, realistic expectations for this season. I think anyone who is a BC diehard will agree, the outside media is really underestimating this squad, mostly due to the loss of Rettig, Amidon and Williams. Of those 3, I would say Amidon is actually the biggest loss. Sure Williams did what he did and not taking anything at all away from his unbelievable season last year. But Myles Willis looks like the real deal and we have a stable of young, talented RB's. With Rettig, we lost a seasoned, smart, mediocre D1 QB and, I won't be surprised if Murphy ends up being a significant upgrade at the position. That leaves WR, where losing Amidon really is a tough blow. So all in all, what to an outsider may seem like us losing seemingly all our offensive productivity, really is far less of a step back than it seems. To conclude, I have the Cuse game circled on my calendar this year and believe that they are in for an absolute thrashing by our guys. That loss last year has better positioned us for further success this one.

Who thinks like that?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse

Who thinks like that?

A Dodge Stratus owner who has been passed over for a promotion countless numbers of times.

You see... with that promotion would have come more money which would have led to a more materialistic lifestyle which would have made him more satiated. Sure he was mad as hell for being scorned for the umpteenth time. But, while constantly being taken for granted and essentially being shown the least valued member of the company was a very bitter pill swallow, it has kept him more down to earth and allowed him to appreciate the little things he has. Nonetheless, he is looking forward to this year's review and is certain that this year will be the year he is admitted to the middle management program.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:29 am

Was that EagleKeeper?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Was that EagleKeeper?

Heagle
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 am

Not sure I remember Heagle. I guess it makes sense for new merrymen to show up as the old guard begin to shuffle off this mortal coil. That quote encapsulates so much of the merryman thought process, it's amazing. All that needed was some thinly-veiled racism and some concerns about full stadiums.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:58 am

you can say "shitting" at tos? i'm mildly surprised by that
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you can say "shitting" at tos? i'm mildly surprised by that

Maybe they added a Constipation Discussion board.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse

Who thinks like that?

The same type of guy that is thankful that his wife is so ugly because otherwise she may want a divorce.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:08 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse

Who thinks like that?

The same type of guy that is thankful that his wife is so ugly because otherwise she may want a divorce.

so the type of guy that will treat his foodie family to endless breadsticks and other assorted carbs and fats to ensure she stays too large for even sir mixalot. basically, a giant pussy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse

Who thinks like that?

so the type of guy that will treat his foodie family to endless breadsticks and other assorted carbs and fats to ensure she stays too large for even sir mixalot. basically, a giant pussy

Yes
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:27 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse

Who thinks like that?

Yes

oh
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:51 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Losing to Syracuse

Who thinks like that?

Yes

oh

I'm just guessing. I've never heard of anyone like you have described. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 am

Thank you for preventing me from wasting time reading it. These extreme types of people like the Angry Ty's of the past, simply get fulfilled by raising dust. Ignoring them is what they dislike most as any response gives them a feeling of greater importance.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:22 am

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
Thank you for preventing me from wasting time reading it. These extreme types of people like the Angry Ty's of the past, simply get fulfilled by raising dust. Ignoring them is what they dislike most as any response gives them a feeling of greater importance.

if bigpete were still here he'd be pissed as shit that ty got the mention and pete didn't.

all i can offer is that ty was the one that created the gag for wishing cancer on people
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 am

if bigpete were still here he'd be pissed as shit that ty got the mention and pete didn't.

all i can offer is that ty was the one that created the gag for wishing cancer on people

what was the original post that he didn't read? something about wanting BC to be good at sports?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

what was the original post that he didn't read? something about wanting BC to be good at sports?

A BCI post by our old "friend" from Fort Worth.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We're not going to talk about that here.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I believe that teddy asked what the "original" post was. The guy that you mentioned hasn't had one of those in years.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I believe that teddy asked what the "original" post was. The guy that you mentioned hasn't had one of those in years.

Sonic BOOM.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium