Purdue Defense

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Purdue Defense

Postby DrPeterV on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Just like Spaz and Co., they play the prevent defense with a 4 point lead and 3:20 to go. Result? Clausen drives down the field with wide open receivers and tons of time to throw, ND scores with 24 seconds to play. I can't imagine what Purdue fans are feeling right now. Oh wait, I'm a BC fan, yes I can. :gun

Edit - not to mention calling a time out with 34 seconds left to give ND 2 plays from the 3 instead of 1. Unreal.
Last edited by DrPeterV on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Re: Purdue Defense

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Don't worry, Spaz will follow his mentor's lead and pull out all the stops for that game. He knows how to keep the whalepants crowd (and Gene) happy. Meaningless nonconference games forever, Orange Bowl never.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angryty on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Charlie Weis is an awful, awful, awful coach. That said, Clausen is a very good college quarterback.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:Charlie Weis is an awful, awful, awful coach. That said, Clausen is a very good college quarterback.

I agree, but the worst thing is that Purdue had the game more or less in hand if they stick to their game strategy. They had just held ND to two three and outs, and then ND marches down the field and scores. Just bad coaching, and too similar to what I see out of BC these days.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:57 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:Charlie Weis is an awful, awful, awful coach. That said, Clausen is a very good college quarterback.

Amen, BC would have been undefeated with Clausen at the helm last year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RyanBC on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:17 am

claussen is alright, but i'm not a fan.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:41 am

Ok... first... totally agree on the prevent. ND couldn't do ANYTHING in the second half. NADA. Purdue suddenly decided to go prevent and ND's offense was suddenly teh awesome.

Second... I have never seen a worst coaching decision in my life than to call timeout after ND got caught running the ball on 2nd down with 30 to play and no timeouts.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 am

Holy Crap!!! I'm trying to find discussion on the most mind-numbingly stupid time out called since Chris Webber, and all I am getting are fluff pieces about what a miraculous comeback ND had and how they are the best ever again.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292692509
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I would rather have Floyd and the Golden Taint than Clausen. Their TE is very good as well.
At least we are not Purdue fans this morning. What an abortion!
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:45 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:At least we are not Purdue fans this morning. What an abortion!

What'll be worse. Being Purdue fans this morning? Or being BC fans the morning after the game in which our coaches have watched game tape and determined that not blitzing and soft coverage is the best possible strategy for playing ND?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:55 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I would rather have Floyd and the Golden Taint than Clausen. Their TE is very good as well.
At least we are not Purdue fans this morning. What an abortion!

Rudolph is an awesome weapon ate tight end. Tate is also a pretty sick WR. And yes, Clauson is very good. They have a very very good offense, but that timeout by Purdue gave them the game....I have no idea what they were thinking - even if they didn't like the personnel they had in they were giving ND an extra play. STUPID.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:10 am

RyanBC {l Wrote}:claussen is alright, but i'm not a fan.

If you blitz Claussen, he is not a very good QB. He is only a good passer when he has no pressure. Nothing new here.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:claussen is alright, but i'm not a fan.

If you blitz Claussen, he is not a very good QB. He is only a good passer when he has no pressure. Nothing new here.

Which means if we get a lead he will tear us up.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby dixieagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:37 am

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:Just like Spaz and Co., they play the prevent defense with a 4 point lead and 3:20 to go. Result? Clausen drives down the field with wide open receivers and tons of time to throw, ND scores with 24 seconds to play. I can't imagine what Purdue fans are feeling right now. Oh wait, I'm a BC fan, yes I can. :gun

Edit - not to mention calling a time out with 34 seconds left to give ND 2 plays from the 3 instead of 1. Unreal.

What a cosmically boneheaded call that time out was. Any idiot knew that ND was going to spike the ball anyway. A totally brainless move.
dixieagle
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium