Moss

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Moss

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Yep, Sanchez has played pretty well so far - he's played one good defense and went 10/21 for 74 yards. :roll:

I probably exaggerated about the suckiness of the dolphins, but that is not a good team. Their offense is not very productive, and you can run on them. That's a bad combination.

But the point is that the Dolphins are irrelevant . The Pats and Jets are both going to sweep this team.

The Jets are massively overrated. They're good, but I'm thinking they end up about 10-6. Very similar record to the Pats.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year and going forward.

I'll bet you they make the playoffs this year.

If they do it'll be as #6. Pittsburgh, NYJ, Indy, Chargers/Chiefs, Ravens are all locks. After that is a shitastic collection of New England, Miami, Cincinnati, Houston, and Chiefs/Chargers for the last spot.

With games still to play against Miami, Jets, Ravens, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Indianapolis, San Diego and Green Bay? I bet they lose 6 of those and they need tie breakers to make the playoffs.

Pittsburgh - solid team with Rapelisberger coming back.
NYJ - overrated but very good D and OK offense. I think Pats are their equal with very good O and OK D.
Indy - D sucks but O will win games. I think the Pats are a more complete team.
Chargers - as always, way freakin' overrated. They only make it because they're in the West. They are merely OK.
Chiefs - suck, and I expect them to pull a 2009 Denver and miss the playoffs.
Ravens - probably best team in AFC.

Tough to say where this Pats team is with a developing D (with Brace filling in nicely the last few weeks) and now deficient a deep threat that I believe forced the team to gameplan around him instead of gameplanning for the entire team. I don't like losing Moss mid-season with no realistic solid WR replacement ready, but I don't mind Moss leaving from a long-term perspective. The Pats could conceivably be the 3rd best team in the AFC or the 6th. To lump them in with Cinci, Miami, Chiefs, and Chargers is stupid. The one thing that hurts the Pats in comparison to these teams is possibly the toughest schedule in the NFL.

I'm not lumping based on talent. I'm lumping based on who's going to be in contention for that final spot. The Chiefs might be awful but against that division and with a weak schedule they'll find their way into 4 more wins and being in the discussion. The schedule is murderers row and there are others who have it easier. I'd bet the Texans take #6 and the Pats are watching from home.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:could i get one of you jets fans and one of you patriots fans to agree to wear your team's jersey and give each other a passionate tongue kiss?

i REALLY need the picture for threads like this.

kthxbye

EDIT - in the meantime, i'll assume brady's dad is a jets fan

How did this thread get to 3 pages without you injecting something homoerotic and irrelevant into it?

*I respek you
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:15 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yep, Sanchez has played pretty well so far - he's played one good defense and went 10/21 for 74 yards. :roll:

I probably exaggerated about the suckiness of the dolphins, but that is not a good team. Their offense is not very productive, and you can run on them. That's a bad combination.

But the point is that the Dolphins are irrelevant . The Pats and Jets are both going to sweep this team.

The Jets are massively overrated. They're good, but I'm thinking they end up about 10-6. Very similar record to the Pats.

Sanchez had one bad game against a D that's allowing ~110 yards against the pass per game. It's probably better to look at how he did in his four games since it's a little bigger sample size than 1 game and not every D is going to be the Ravens.

You haven't seen the Jets at full strength yet this year not sure how you can say they are "massively overrated"
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:59 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:could i get one of you jets fans and one of you patriots fans to agree to wear your team's jersey and give each other a passionate tongue kiss?

i REALLY need the picture for threads like this.

kthxbye

EDIT - in the meantime, i'll assume brady's dad is a jets fan

You can pretend that Bobby Brady is actually Tom Brady.

P.S. Classless Jets fans have no class.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)

The Pats D always gets much better as the year goes on, but yeah, this defense is young and stupid, though potentially dominant down the road. They need to score points.

The Pats defense is not going to get better this year. It's full of morons like Meriweather who are more concerned with SportsCenter than winning.

Trading Randy Moss for a mid round draft pick reeks of the "we're smarter than you!" arrogance that the Pats have been displaying the last 3 years. Same with the Richard Seymour deal. They won't keep either draft pick ultimately as they'll trade down, pick up some back up scrub, and they'll be out of the league in 4 years.

The continued downfall of the Patriots...gotta love it.

I hear that about the Pats defense every year. This defense is going to get a TON better over the season and the next few years - shit, Monday night already showed improvement from the prior weeks.

The Seymour deal was fantastic. It is a shit example to compare with this deal, which was retarded.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Don't think Miami sucks. NE's vaunted offense scored 6 points off of them.

That's false.

You want to say 13 cause they were able to score a TD when they got hte ball at the 12? Sure, splitting hairs.

Edit: You're right they scored 13 whoop de doo!

Plus...three opportunities for drives were ended before they started (as a result of the three non-offensive TDs). That's why the Dolphins led in Time of Possession...very misleading. Let's look at it another way: After the first two punts, the Pats' offense scored on every possession until the game was no longer in doubt in the fourth quarter. I don't think there's much to criticize in their offensive performance in that game, and I think that Miami is at best an 8-8 team.

Pats are in the same boat. Their ceiling is 10-6 but more likely 9-7. There's not much separation between them. Scoring 30 points or whatever that are directly related to special teams covers a lot of problems, but they won't get that kind of production again. EVER. And without Moss stretching the field (nobody cares about Tate unless the other team just scored and he's standing in the end zone awaiting the kickoff) Welker and the running game won't be nearly as strong.

EDIT- keep blasting the Bills all you want, they're awful, but THE Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for a billion yards and hung 30 on this supposedly talented Pats D. The Pats are closer to the Bills than they are the Jets.

You continue to overreact. The loss of one player, especially a WR, is not the difference of 2 or 3 or more wins over the course of the season. It's just not how football works. This is even more the case when that one WR is apparently willing to sabotage his season with indifference.

I'll bet you the Pats win 10 or more.
Last edited by bignick33 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:20 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Ravens - probably best team in AFC.

They truly should be. But, man, what the hell is up with their offense? They have a good (albeit inconsistent) QB, excellent running backs, very good WRs, a top TE, and a good O-Line. On paper, they should be able to score almost as much as the Pats do. They have a ton of weapons. If the O start producing, they become Super Bowl favorite in my book.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:24 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Ravens - probably best team in AFC.

They truly should be. But, man, what the hell is up with their offense? They have a good (albeit inconsistent) QB, excellent running backs, very good WRs, a top TE, and a good O-Line. On paper, they should be able to score almost as much as the Pats do. They have a ton of weapons. If the O start producing, they become Super Bowl favorite in my book.

It's the QB. The Patriots have an excellent QB. The Ravens have an inconsistent QB. It makes that much difference.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:25 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:You continue to overreact. The loss of one player, especially a WR, is not the difference of 2 or 3 or more wins over the course of the season. It's just not how football works.

But we're screwed without Larmond!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:31 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:You continue to overreact. The loss of one player, especially a WR, is not the difference of 2 or 3 or more wins over the course of the season. It's just not how football works.

This reminds me, did anyone else think that the best part of last Saturday's game was that the guy criticizing our WR corps as slow and untalented was none other than Matt Millen?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

This reminds me, did anyone else think that the best part of last Saturday's game was that the guy criticizing our WR corps as slow and untalented was none other than Matt Millen?

Yeah, it was pointed out first in the game thread that this is high comedy given his history with WRs.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:47 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I'M

CHARLES

ROGERS

I HAD 68 CATCHES AND 13 TOUCHDOWNS
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 am

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but It wasn't just straight up Moss for a third-rounder. It was Moss and a 2012 7th-rounder for a third-round pick.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Not that it makes that much of a difference, but It wasn't just straight up Moss for a third-rounder. It was Moss and a 2012 7th-rounder for a third-round pick.

I didn't even know they had a 7th round. :shake
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Not that it makes that much of a difference, but It wasn't just straight up Moss for a third-rounder. It was Moss and a 2012 7th-rounder for a third-round pick.

I didn't even know they had a 7th round. :shake

By the end of the draft, they will have like 8 of them
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC '00 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Yeah, it was pointed out first in the game thread that this is high comedy given his history with WRs.

Do you think he has any hesitation to comment on WR's at this point? It's like Max Ricci commenting on Lean Cuisine frozen dinners...I'm not really going to listen to his opinion...
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:11 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:17 pm

I won because I bumped the right topic. Your post was off-topic. The two new threads were wasteful (think of the children!).
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I won because I bumped the right topic. Your post was off-topic. The two new threads were wasteful (think of the children!).

You lost! You lost because you're a bitch who follows the rules like a little bitch. I'm a baller. I don't give a fuck. I post what I want when I want.

Shut your ass up. BAM!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Move to Kate Moss cocaine whore thread.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:23 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

You lost! You lost because you're a bitch who follows the rules like a little bitch. I'm a baller. I don't give a fuck. I post what I want when I want.

Shut your ass up. BAM!

"WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you? TO HELP US, not to... FUCK-US-UP... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man!"
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Shut your ass up. BAM!

This reminds me of a classic Family Guy moment:

Meg: Hi, Craig. Umm, I was wondering if maybe you would want to, I don't know, go out sometime?

Craig Hoffman: Huh, that's about as likely as me playing by someone else's rules besides my own.
Which I would never do. I play by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own.

Meg: How 'bout a movie?

Craig: I don't go out with dudes.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Don't think Miami sucks. NE's vaunted offense scored 6 points off of them.

That's false.

You want to say 13 cause they were able to score a TD when they got hte ball at the 12? Sure, splitting hairs.

Edit: You're right they scored 13 whoop de doo!

Plus...three opportunities for drives were ended before they started (as a result of the three non-offensive TDs). That's why the Dolphins led in Time of Possession...very misleading. Let's look at it another way: After the first two punts, the Pats' offense scored on every possession until the game was no longer in doubt in the fourth quarter. I don't think there's much to criticize in their offensive performance in that game, and I think that Miami is at best an 8-8 team.

Pats are in the same boat. Their ceiling is 10-6 but more likely 9-7. There's not much separation between them. Scoring 30 points or whatever that are directly related to special teams covers a lot of problems, but they won't get that kind of production again. EVER. And without Moss stretching the field (nobody cares about Tate unless the other team just scored and he's standing in the end zone awaiting the kickoff) Welker and the running game won't be nearly as strong.

EDIT- keep blasting the Bills all you want, they're awful, but THE Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for a billion yards and hung 30 on this supposedly talented Pats D. The Pats are closer to the Bills than they are the Jets.

You continue to overreact. The loss of one player, especially a WR, is not the difference of 2 or 3 or more wins over the course of the season. It's just not how football works. This is even more the case when that one WR is apparently willing to sabotage his season with indifference.

I'll bet you the Pats win 10 or more.

I must boast that my bet is looking pretty good. This is really starting to look like an addition by subtraction situation. They systematically got rid of all the bad apples (Burgess, Maroney, etc) and Moss was the icing on the case. They are now overachieving, whereas before they were underachieving. In Moss' absence, they have been able to run all these two tight-end sets which not only utilizes the true strength of the team, it also helps their running game. Plus (unrelated to Moss), the defense is really starting to come of age. The Pats are once again a heavyweight, as their downfall was wildly exaggerated.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:08 am

Just because this board has been dead for a while:

Braylon Edwards: 29-512-5
Randy Moss: 23-339-5

Over their careers Moss has been better no question but this year Braylon has been much better esp considering Moss has had 2 HOF QBs throwing to him while Braylon has a "terrible QB"
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Just because this board has been dead for a while:

Braylon Edwards: 29-512-5
Randy Moss: 23-339-5

Over their careers Moss has been better no question but this year Braylon has been much better esp considering Moss has had 2 HOF QBs throwing to him while Braylon has a "terrible QB"

This retarded argument was only fun when BaldwinaverageJr. was still posting.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:23 am

I'll throw some bait out there: I think Holmes is really the Jets' big-time receiver. He's the one whose number I'm calling in big games. And, when Hines went down and Wallace and others were pissing away possible Steeler TDs, it became clear that Pittsburgh really misses him.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 am

Eh they're both different type of receivers that are both big play potential every time they touch the ball, Braylon: 17.7 vs. Santonion: 16.1 YPC

Braylon is the big body that can outmuscle DBs

But Santonio has the ability to take a 5 yard slant to the house every time (as we have seen the past 2 weeks) which is something the Jets haven't had in forever.

It'll be interesting this offseason as they are both FAs and both one incident away from Pope Goodell (who I like) sending them away for a year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy