Moss

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Moss

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Totally off topic, but making Jack Ryan a rower from BC in the Amazon show is kinda fey. You have my sympathies. Tom Clancy probably spilled his glass of whiskey in his grave when they did that.

once they cast John krasinski as Ryan in the show, they lost my interest. JK is a funny, talented dude but not who should be playing Ryan imo.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:26 am

Bunk from the Wire playing a special forces ass-kicking in the field door busting Admiral Greer has an unintentional comedic effect that makes it all worth it, however. Show was terible, and Jack Ryan rowing crew was the least of it's worries. The woman playing Caroline is horrific.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:17 am

the scene on the beach when they're rescuing the terrorist's family and they blow the captor's head off was great
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 am

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:31 am

I don't get why he would have spilled his drink?

In the books, Jack Ryan goes to BC.

Is there some stigma on being a rower?

I'm confused.

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Totally off topic, but making Jack Ryan a rower from BC in the Amazon show is kinda fey. You have my sympathies. Tom Clancy probably spilled his glass of whiskey in his grave when they did that.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Fox just had the Jonas brothers promoting tonight's game :puke
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:25 am

Thirteen years after this original post, the Jets have finally surpassed the Patriots after breaking a 15 game losing streak and finishing 7-10 while the Patriots finished 4-13.

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)

The Pats D always gets much better as the year goes on, but yeah, this defense is young and stupid, though potentially dominant down the road. They need to score points.

The Pats defense is not going to get better this year. It's full of morons like Meriweather who are more concerned with SportsCenter than winning.

Trading Randy Moss for a mid round draft pick reeks of the "we're smarter than you!" arrogance that the Pats have been displaying the last 3 years. Same with the Richard Seymour deal. They won't keep either draft pick ultimately as they'll trade down, pick up some back up scrub, and they'll be out of the league in 4 years.

The continued downfall of the Patriots...gotta love it.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:17 pm

I miss cvilleagle.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I miss cvilleagle.

It's a shame. Taken down by a single AID.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:43 am

why mayo over vrabel?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:why mayo over vrabel?

Who knows. Decision was made in January for some dumb reason.

He will be fine. He'll keep O'Brien who will be allowed to do what he wants now. What they really need is someone that doesn't blow as bad as Bill at building a roster.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Is this the thread I get to celebrate the Buccaneers win? If so, :elephant
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He will be fine. He'll keep O'Brien who will be allowed to do what he wants now. What they really need is someone that doesn't blow as bad as Bill at building a roster.

Or he’ll lose O’Brien to HCRD.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Or he’ll lose O’Brien to HCRD.

Lose is a bit of a stretch here, but good for Day.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:15 pm

I’d expect nothing less than Zay’s performance tonight from a kid Hafley coached. Total lack of discipline
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I’d expect nothing less than Zay’s performance tonight from a kid Hafley coached. Total lack of discipline

he took lack of dicipline to a new level today.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:03 pm

And yet, he was the only Raven to show up and every Raven did moronic shit. It's what it means to play for that team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And yet, he was the only Raven to show up and every Raven did moronic shit. It's what it means to play for that team.

This is the correct answer. Every single person who lined up on the offensive side of the ball for the Ravens sucked. Zay, at least made some plays between boneheaded dipshit moves. And can we agree that Lamar Jackson is not to be mentioned in the same breath as Mahomes or Allen. Granted Mahomes benefits from the full support of the refs and Allen is a turnover machine at times in the regular season, but they make plays when it counts. Jackson, in contrast, plays away from his own unique strengths with disastrous results.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:22 pm

I'm not sure I'd but Allen in a category with Mahomes. Not sure WTF he has done.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm not sure I'd but Allen in a category with Mahomes. Not sure WTF he has done.

Allen makes plays that no other QB, including Mahomes, can make. The Bills team this year was bereft of talent on both sides of the ball, and frankly has had little in the way of a supporting cast for the past three years. Knox is an above average TE, Diggs is a wildly overrated WR who can’t get separation against halfway decent corners, and the running game and OL are below average. Take Mahomes off the Chiefs and they were still a decent team—see what happened when Chad Henne took over in a playoff game. Take Allen off the Bills and they are the Carolina Panthers or maybe the Patriots.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:03 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And yet, he was the only Raven to show up and every Raven did moronic shit. It's what it means to play for that team.

This is the correct answer. Every single person who lined up on the offensive side of the ball for the Ravens sucked. Zay, at least made some plays between boneheaded dipshit moves. And can we agree that Lamar Jackson is not to be mentioned in the same breath as Mahomes or Allen. Granted Mahomes benefits from the full support of the refs and Allen is a turnover machine at times in the regular season, but they make plays when it counts. Jackson, in contrast, plays away from his own unique strengths with disastrous results.

Lamar is a miscast RB playing QB.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:17 am

Mahomes has a TE on the back end of the back 9. His line was terrible this year and his weapons are atrocious. Pacheco is a decent back. But then, Allen has Cook.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Take Mahomes off the Chiefs and they were still a decent team—see what happened when Chad Henne took over in a playoff game. Take Allen off the Bills and they are the Carolina Panthers or maybe the Patriots.

What are the Chiefs if you take the refs off their team?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Mahomes has a TE on the back end of the back 9. His line was terrible this year and his weapons are atrocious. Pacheco is a decent back. But then, Allen has Cook.

James Cook is a human turnover machine and not anywhere close to Pacheco. Hell, he is a downgrade from Devin Singletary.

As to HJS's question with officiating, it is more than fair to say that if not for atrocious pro-Chief officiating, the Chiefs are an 9-8 team. The fact that Mahomes threw a nutty after the regular season Bills game when it was clearly a penalty says all you need to know about what Mahomes and the Chiefs have become accustomed to getting in terms of favorable officiating.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:28 pm

I would have said I agreed on KC being a 9-8 caliber team, but its hard to argue with their path through the AFC; vs Miami @Buffalo @Baltimore is about as hard as it could have gotten for them
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:44 pm

They were a 7 and 10 caliber offense because they have no weapons outside of a late stage TE. They played great defense and Spags had a good postseason calling the D.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium