Welcome to the Restoration

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Welcome to the Restoration

Postby angryty on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:33 pm

All hail King Tobias the Ginger. He has been returned to the throne of BC football by his faithful Genoese mercenaries. The sheer soul-murdering 74 of the last eight minutes has caused me to forget all about the Interregnum. We are what we are.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Re: Welcome to the Restoration

Postby Bunratty on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:40 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:We are what we are.

And we are the luckiest m'fuckers in the NCAA for coming away with that win today.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby angryty on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:49 pm

We were lucky to win when you consider that we had a devastating gambling scandal and now Spaz has to deal with the fact that Jagz laid waste to our program and left Spaz with a flaming crater. All hail the Genoese mercenaries and their great victory today! Pizza and ice cream for everyone!
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby janebc on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:30 pm

:toby It's as though he never left. SO DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I believe I see an end - our game versus NCSU. If it goes into overtime, it may never come out. This is like the opposite of the immovable object meeting the unstoppable force, and more like two reluctant catchers meeting in the bath house. Each team will trade field goalds and fumbles, will call qb keepers on 3rd and longs, and overtime will go on forever.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I believe I see an end - our game versus NCSU. If it goes into overtime, it may never come out. This is like the opposite of the immovable object meeting the unstoppable force, and more like two reluctant catchers meeting in the bath house. Each team will trade field goalds and fumbles, will call qb keepers on 3rd and longs, and overtime will go on forever.

5 stars
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angryty on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Its true. That game might turn into the Hundred Years War or at least a non-fiction version of the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial of the football game that won't end. Also, the level of coaching 74 will be through the roof for that game. You would have to tow a Chelsea bath house down Fifth Avenue during the Gay Pride Parade while Greg Loganis did back flips into the middle of a queer daisy chain comprised of Barney Frank, the cast of Avenue Q, Tim Tebow and the corpses of Liberace, Rock Hudson, Paul Linde, Mike Reed and Charles Nelson Riley to acheive the level of 74 that will be on display on that sad day.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:55 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:We were lucky to win when you consider that we had a devastating gambling scandal and now Spaz has to deal with the fact that Jagz laid waste to our program and left Spaz with a flaming crater. All hail the Genoese mercenaries and their great victory today! Pizza and ice cream for everyone!

I think you meant cookies and naps for all...

...and Red Sox track suits.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby Chicken Patties on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 pm

I got blank stares and hostile looks for my welcome back ginger balls chant.
Chicken Patties
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:21 pm

It appears that WF hates their OC more than we hate ours? I tried to trade away :tranq

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118&t=4835386
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:29 pm

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 pm

That's scary
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 pm

WTF did you do there?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:49 am

We have been removed from a message board by Zman and bad boring play not to lose football with a ton of bad penalties is now part of our reality again. Welcome back to 2005. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:29 am

Someone else stated this but I found it to be interesting. Wasn't Coach Flip fed up with :toby sissified style of play and that was one of the reasons the little general was glad to see him go? Spaz' similar coaching style is going to send Coach Flip off the deep end.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:59 am

Let"s judge Coach Flip by his actions and not some backroom spin that Yawkey puts out. Flip was fed-up with Toby because Toby wouldn't let Flip run the football program... which included hiring and firing assistants. Flip was fine with Jags (because Jags was fine with Flip being the shadow head coach). That all changed when Jags cheated on him with Brett Favre. Flip felt simultaneously betrayed and jealous (in his mind, he was as much responsible for 2 ACCCGs as Jags... he should've been interviewed by the Jets too). Spaz is more than fine with Gene running the team as it gives him more time for cookies, naps and Red Sox. I've said it before... and I'll say it again... GDF is Al Davis in every conceivably bad way. As such, the team's record... and on-field performance has absolutely NOTHING to do with a coach's success in Flip's eyes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Let"s judge Coach Flip by his actions and not some backroom spin that Yawkey puts out. Flip was fed-up with Toby because Toby wouldn't let Flip run the football program... which included hiring and firing assistants. Flip was fine with Jags (because Jags was fine with Flip being the shadow head coach). That all changed when Jags cheated on him with Brett Favre. Flip felt simultaneously betrayed and jealous (in his mind, he was as much responsible for 2 ACCCGs as Jags... he should've been interviewed by the Jets too). Spaz is more than fine with Gene running the team as it gives him more time for cookies, naps and Red Sox. I've said it before... and I'll say it again... GDF is Al Davis in every conceivably bad way. As such, the team's record... and on-field performance has absolutely NOTHING to do with a coach's success in Flip's eyes.

If the Flipster is that involved when they win the Atlantic, I say keep him involved
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:28 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:Its true. That game might turn into the Hundred Years War or at least a non-fiction version of the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial of the football game that won't end. Also, the level of coaching 74 will be through the roof for that game. You would have to tow a Chelsea bath house down Fifth Avenue during the Gay Pride Parade while Greg Loganis did back flips into the middle of a queer daisy chain comprised of Barney Frank, the cast of Avenue Q, Tim Tebow and the corpses of Liberace, Rock Hudson, Paul Linde, Mike Reed and Charles Nelson Riley to acheive the level of 74 that will be on display on that sad day.

This ia a HOF post IMO. Great work AT.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Let"s judge Coach Flip by his actions and not some backroom spin that Yawkey puts out. Flip was fed-up with Toby because Toby wouldn't let Flip run the football program... which included hiring and firing assistants. Flip was fine with Jags (because Jags was fine with Flip being the shadow head coach). That all changed when Jags cheated on him with Brett Favre. Flip felt simultaneously betrayed and jealous (in his mind, he was as much responsible for 2 ACCCGs as Jags... he should've been interviewed by the Jets too). Spaz is more than fine with Gene running the team as it gives him more time for cookies, naps and Red Sox. I've said it before... and I'll say it again... GDF is Al Davis in every conceivably bad way. As such, the team's record... and on-field performance has absolutely NOTHING to do with a coach's success in Flip's eyes.

If the Flipster is that involved when they win the Atlantic, I say keep him involved

Flip must have multiple personality disorder. He hates Toby but hires Spaz that is Toby 2. In between, he loves Jags but Il Duce Mussolini Flip proceeds to flip out on Jags.
You see, he wants a "yes" man like Toby and Toby 2 but if the "yes man" shows any ambition as a result of "Flip's " success with the Fball team then he spazzes out and hires a Spaz.
Someone get Dr. Phil or Oz over to Yawkey. This guy needs an intervention.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby janebc on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:40 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I believe I see an end - our game versus NCSU. If it goes into overtime, it may never come out. This is like the opposite of the immovable object meeting the unstoppable force, and more like two reluctant catchers meeting in the bath house. Each team will trade field goalds and fumbles, will call qb keepers on 3rd and longs, and overtime will go on forever.

Brilliant. WW I trench warfare comes to mind as well.
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby janebc on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Bring bottled water, sterno and blankets to the NCSU game. It's difficult to foresee who will prevail, given two OCs with a marked reluctance to score points and two coaches who love the prevent defense.
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:52 pm

janebc {l Wrote}:

Just because of this, I have this bizarre image in my head of the Offensive Line lame and struggling on the sideline while shrapnel flies all around and a crazed, unhinged Aponovicious repeatedly screams "Shoot the horses!!!" Pointing at Tennant, Costanzo and the rest.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
janebc {l Wrote}:

Kinsella-- the guy who wrote the novel that Field of Dreams was based on wrote another book entitled "The Iowa baseball Confederacy" in which the Chicago Cubs are playing an exhibition game in Iowa in 1908 against a team of Indians in the rain and the game never ends. Hundreds and hundreds of innings. Tinker to Evers to Chance make over 200 double plays in extra innings.

Excellent book. Swept Away was a big swinger.

Kinsella wrote some great stuff. As always, the book is better than the movie, so I invite any Field of Dreams fan to read Shoeless Joe. I enjoyed the Iowa Baseball Confederacy even more.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium