BC played not to lose at the end but

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC played not to lose at the end but

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:46 pm

going to OT was ALL on Montel Harris. You have to stay in bounds no matter what. Nobody made Harris sprint to the sideline. Montel was about 5 yards away from having the worst blanket party of his life, Pyle style. The coaches did coach like pu$$ies but the goat was all Harris.

http://www.wiskate.com/news/data/upimages/goodnite.jpg
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Re: BC played not to lose at the end but

Postby Eagledom on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:going to OT was ALL on Montel Harris. You have to stay in bounds no matter what. Nobody made Harris sprint to the sideline. Montel was about 5 yards away from having the worst blanket party of his life, Pyle style. The coaches did coach like pu$$ies but the goat was all Harris.

I can excuse Harris for one mistake when it was the defense (and the defensive strategy) that gave up 2 effing TDs with soft defense. That wasn't Harris's fault.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Harris should not have been in the game at the end. For whatever reason, Haden was the better back today.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Harris should not have been in the game at the end.

Yes, especially on a sweep. He is faster to the edge.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Did Harris get chewed out by anyone on the coaching staff?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:58 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

It wasn't even a sweep play. Harris just bounce the play outside and either didn't want to get hit or forgot the situation and got push out of bounds. Short of a fumble, it was the worst possible outcome.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:

It wasn't even a sweep play. Harris just bounce the play outside and either didn't want to get hit or forgot the situation and got push out of bounds. Short of a fumble, it was the worst possible outcome.

On 360, it looked like he tried to stop at the last second, but got dragged out. Whatever happened, it was a HUGE mistake, especially given that we all know Montel is a better player than that.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:06 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

On 360, it looked like he tried to stop at the last second, but got dragged out. Whatever happened, it was a HUGE mistake, especially given that we all know Montel is a better player than that.

I was on the opposite side of the field but I thought that he got knocked out and therefore the clock shouldn't have stopped.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:11 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

He tried to stop too late and he knew it. It was a mistake and he knew it. What pissed me off even more that that was jerkoffs like eepstein or whatever his name is calling him a moron. Fucking merrymen and wannabe merrymen. The dude screwed up, but that wasn't the main reason for OT. Jerkoffs.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Harris tried to stop, but way too late. He went out, the clock stoppage was right.

What worried me is that the corner played the outside. Montel was one on one with a corner on the perimeter, with no pursuit, and he made no effort to cut it back. He jukes that guy like he had done to so many others, he would have gained 15 yards. But he sort of gave up on the play, ran to the sideline, and then realized it was a giant fuck up, too late.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:15 pm

One guy's uncharacteristic mistake does not excuse 8 running plays, one pass play, and running on 3rd down three times in the last 7 minutes.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:One guy's uncharacteristic mistake does not excuse 8 running plays, one pass play, and running on 3rd down three times in the last 7 minutes.

Exactly. That play was significant, but it pales in comparison to the playcalling that occurred on both sides of the ball.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 am

The prevent D was responsible for OT.
The prevent O was responsible for OT.
Calling sweeps on the final two plays of that drive was responsible for OT.
With 37 seconds to play, prior to a third-and-goal snap for Notre Dame, which was out of timeouts, Hope used one of his.
Not having Haden (by far the most effective back yesterday) in the game was responsible for OT.
Taking a knee at the 30 with 30 seconds left and two time outs was responsible for OT.

A mental error made by a 19 year old who has been nothing but a wonderful ambassador since arriving on campus... falls somewhere behind the above.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 am

HJS {l Wrote}:The prevent D was responsible for OT.
The prevent O was responsible for OT.
Calling sweeps on the final two plays of that drive was responsible for OT.
With 37 seconds to play, prior to a third-and-goal snap for Notre Dame, which was out of timeouts, Hope used one of his.
Not having Haden (by far the most effective back yesterday) in the game was responsible for OT.
Taking a knee at the 30 with 30 seconds left and two time outs was responsible for OT.

A mental error made by a 19 year old who has been nothing but a wonderful ambassador since arriving on campus... falls somewhere behind the above.

There were 11 seconds left after the Wake final score, not 30.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:06 am

There weren't 30 seconds on the clock. It was like 11 at most. With my cooler head I have no problem with that kneel. A mistake and Wake is in field goal range. With the way we were playing I didn't trust Shinskie with Wake dropping 8 men.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:08 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

There weren't 30 seconds on the clock. It was like 11 at most. With my cooler head I have no problem with that kneel. A mistake and Wake is in field goal range. With the way we were playing I didn't trust Shinskie with Wake dropping 8 men.

11 seconds before the kickoff...approx 3-4 secs after the Jet's tire went flat.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:09 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I still take issue with the knee. I've never liked playing for overtime. We are not an OT team. Why not take a shot at a long bomb? What's the worst that could happen? Incomplete pass? Taking a sack? Interception?

Why not play for the win? :toby loved playing for OT.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 am

I concur on the attempt of the long bomb.

shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:15 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I still take issue with the knee. I've never liked playing for overtime. We are not an OT team. Why not take a shot at a long bomb? What's the worst that could happen? Incomplete pass? Taking a sack? Interception?

Why not play for the win? :toby loved playing for OT.

Interception returned for a TD, they send a blitz (gasp) and force a Shinskie fumble. If we are on the 50 with 8 seconds left I agree, but inside our 30 it wasn't worth it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:24 am

Harris going out of bounds was a mistake, but I'll never get too pissed off with a kid that's busting his ass trying to make a play. He was trying to get around the tackler and up the field in an attempt to get the first down. He realized, too late, that he was on his way out of bounds but couldn't stop his momentum. I'll never hold it against a kid that's trying his hardest to make a play. I will, however, hold it against Tranquil and Spaz for NOT trying to win the game. The reincarnation of the TOBY era is terrible. The fact that the old feelings are back makes it much more difficult to endure than when it was TOB and Bible. Fool GDF once, shame on TOB. Fool GDF twice, shame on Greasy Gene.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:39 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Harris going out of bounds was a mistake, but I'll never get too pissed off with a kid that's busting his ass trying to make a play. He was trying to get around the tackler and up the field in an attempt to get the first down. He realized, too late, that he was on his way out of bounds but couldn't stop his momentum. I'll never hold it against a kid that's trying his hardest to make a play. I will, however, hold it against Tranquil and Spaz for NOT trying to win the game. The reincarnation of the TOBY era is terrible. The fact that the old feelings are back makes it much more difficult to endure than when it was TOB and Bible. Fool GDF once, shame on TOB. Fool GDF twice, shame on Greasy Gene.

I agree - I can't blame Harris for that play. He was trying to turn up field and got dragged out by the defender.

However, I blame the coaches for putting in Harris when Haden was doing a better job moving the ball upfield. What the hell was that?
Last edited by AdamBC on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:42 am

Surprise that what little conversation on EA there is about the game, centers around blaming Harris for OT.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 am

EagleAction posters are horrible. They are the ones who are over-the-moon about the spaz hire. They are the ones who love to blame 19-year old kids for every loss (which is funny when you think about these being the same "men" who would have gladly fellated these kids when they were minors with the hope of bettering BC chances of securing their oral commitment). Spaz is tailored made for EA and Zander posters. They have no desire for their lives or their schools to be better than it is at this very moment. And, they want a coach who has a similar vision for both himself and the program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:00 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:going to OT was ALL on Montel Harris. You have to stay in bounds no matter what. Nobody made Harris sprint to the sideline. Montel was about 5 yards away from having the worst blanket party of his life, Pyle style. The coaches did coach like pu$$ies but the goat was all Harris.

Comments like this make this board the comedic outlet that it is...was it a mistake yes.

That game was directly and completely the result of the defensive side of the ball...no pressure on Skinner, and no change inplemented by McGovern...it wasn't like only the last 5 mins. that Skinner could have received a nice steam and a message before releasing the football ALL DAY LONG.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:52 am

Why didn't we take the student side of the field in OT?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium