i am embarassed to admit...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

i am embarassed to admit...

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm

I just walked out with 15 minutes on the game clock. Will not return or watch as long as Marscovetra plays.

And no, I don't think they will win 10 games. I count 7 if Rettig is out for any significant time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: i am embarassed to admit...

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Agreed. I'm not watching anymore in Marsco plays.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby styoungblood on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 pm

I want to puke. I have not been this down on BC football in a looong time. Our offense is plain terrible and getting worse.
styoungblood
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:19 pm

styoungblood {l Wrote}:I want to puke. I have not been this down on BC football in a looong time. Our offense is plain terrible and getting worse.

That's the odd part. I don't understand how our offense keeps getting worse week after week.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle8 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:19 pm

This might be the worst game I have watched in about 5 years. It's like the staff doesn't even care about winning.
BCEagle8
n00b

Postby DrPeterV on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just walked out with 15 minutes on the game clock. Will not return or watch as long as Marscovetra plays.

And no, I don't think they will win 10 games. I count 7 if Rettig is out for any significant time.

For shame! Don't you know there are starving children in China who...ah, who am I kidding.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:23 pm

BCEagle8 {l Wrote}:This might be the worst game I have watched in about 5 years. It's like the staff doesn't even care about winning.

Did you watch the VT game last week or last year? This is about on that level. Add in the Clemson game also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle8 {l Wrote}:This might be the worst game I have watched in about 5 years. It's like the staff doesn't even care about winning.

Did you watch the VT game last week or last year? This is about on that level. Add in the Clemson game also.

This may be worse than VT or Clemson. At least they were decent.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:26 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That is exactly the difference. ND is so bad this year, and they are coming off three straight losses.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:28 pm

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That is exactly the difference. ND is so bad this year, and they are coming off three straight losses.

The real problem is that if we go with Shinskie instead of Marsco tonight, we probably lose by even more because Shinskie probably throws 5 INTs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DaveSpeed on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just walked out with 15 minutes on the game clock. Will not return or watch as long as Marscovetra plays.

I don't know, twballgame9. I think this team finishes at 5-7 or maybe 4-8.
DaveSpeed
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 pm

I knew what this thread was about before opening it. I did too first time ever, felt weird watching a game I was at live on TV.

What was the point of staying?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I knew what this thread was about before opening it. I did too first time ever, felt weird watching a game I was at live on TV.

What was the point of staying?

I left Lane Stadium last year with 13:00 min. left in the 3rd Quarter after Quigley shanked a 8 yard punt. If the coaching staff doesn't want to commit to winning, I'm not wasting my time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 pm

I was thinking about writing a letter to Gene last week, will definitely this week.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle8 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

At least those teams had defenses supposedly. Notre Dame has been lit up by every team this year. And the offense can't do a damn thing.
BCEagle8
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:45 pm

BCEagle8 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

At least those teams had defenses supposedly. Notre Dame has been lit up by every team this year. And the offense can't do a damn thing.

Are you really suprised? Marsco was playing QB and our craptastic defense spotted ND 21 points. I'm not sure if Shinskie does better or worse in relief of Rettig, but I'd like to go back and see.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm

First time since I have been at BC that I leave a game early...I am officially on the fire Spaz/Tranq bandwagon....I am embarrassed... :gun
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby nada on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:13 pm

BC is now officially a DVR, find the result on the internet, and then decide if your going to watch.
nada
n00b

Postby durkcal on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Coming into the season, I think everyone knew that the delta on a good football season was the passing game. Hard to believe, but it now actually looks worse than I ever imagined. I seriously do not understand why they pulled Shinskie from the Va Tech game. We were competitive in the first half. Six quarters of so-called football later, it feels like our staff is our own worst enemy. When they make the call for Marsco last week, I have to give them the credit that they know what they're doing. They're at practice, I'm not. But now, looking at what we've seen, knowing what the announcers told us ("Marsco doesn't practice well"), how could this happen?? Notre Dame is a BAD football team. At least when we got embarrassed at Va Tech and Clemson, those were good football teams. I did not like the Tranquill hiring when it happened, and I like it even less now. I did not understand why people thought we would go 10-2. I had to see a couple of games of football before I could buy in like that. We're closer to the 4-8 I was thinking. If Rettig can't go, play Shinskie.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:24 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Coming into the season, I think everyone knew that the delta on a good football season was the passing game. Hard to believe, but it now actually looks worse than I ever imagined. I seriously do not understand why they pulled Shinskie from the Va Tech game. We were competitive in the first half. Six quarters of so-called football later, it feels like our staff is our own worst enemy. When they make the call for Marsco last week, I have to give them the credit that they know what they're doing. They're at practice, I'm not. But now, looking at what we've seen, knowing what the announcers told us ("Marsco doesn't practice well"), how could this happen?? Notre Dame is a BAD football team. At least when we got embarrassed at Va Tech and Clemson, those were good football teams. I did not like the Tranquill hiring when it happened, and I like it even less now. I did not understand why people thought we would go 10-2. I had to see a couple of games of football before I could buy in like that. We're closer to the 4-8 I was thinking. If Rettig can't go, play Shinskie.

Must be nice to have perfect hindsight.

10-2 was based on the fact that the same team won 8 games last year, and the schedule got noticeably worse. Had nothing to do with anything else.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:25 pm

I left early as well, with about 10 minutes left. But I wasn't surprised by any of this. The coaching staff fucking sucks. They have NEVER looked good under Spaz.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 pm

tHis makes two straight weeks I have left early. Have never felt so low about BC sports. Hard to elucidate thoughts, more in the morning
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 pm

I stayed until the end, if only to reward one player, Bobby Swigert, he played hard all night and was tough, the kid is good and has a good attitude on the field.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:tHis makes two straight weeks I have left early. Have never felt so low about BC sports. Hard to elucidate thoughts, more in the morning
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:43 pm

I left with 10:00 left. Can't remember the last time I left that early without needing to be somewhere important, like a wedding.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:44 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:I stayed until the end, if only to reward one player, Bobby Swigert, he played hard all night and was tough, the kid is good and has a good attitude on the field.

congrats Basselope. The only poster here with something to hang his hat on. (If he chooses)
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 pm

Terrible recruiting is showing itself - talent is not there. Our recruiting coordinator straight out of Temple - what were they thinking? Offensive line is pathetic. We never exploited Matt Ryan for recruiting good QB's for a few years and we have a guy who only had an offer from Wagner? Spaz is in way over his head and he stupidly hired an old buddy to be his OC. Completely inept program top to bottom. This could be a year that will set the program many years back. Recruits will be turned off and we will be raking bottom for leftovers. It becomes very hard to dig out of this. You never let it get this bad. You don't give a guy like Spaz a multiple year contract and all the keys. For the obscene money these bozos are paid they deserve very little patience or sympathy when they deliver a product as bad as this. A horrible performance on an overall horrible night and an embarrassment to our university.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:01 am

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Terrible recruiting is showing itself - talent is not there. Our recruiting coordinator straight out of Temple - what were they thinking? Offensive line is pathetic. We never exploited Matt Ryan for recruiting good QB's for a few years and we have a guy who only had an offer from Wagner? Spaz is in way over his head and he stupidly hired an old buddy to be his OC. Completely inept program top to bottom. This could be a year that will set the program many years back. Recruits will be turned off and we will be raking bottom for leftovers. It becomes very hard to dig out of this. You never let it get this bad. You don't give a guy like Spaz a multiple year contract and all the keys. For the obscene money these bozos are paid they deserve very little patience or sympathy when they deliver a product as bad as this. A horrible performance on an overall horrible night and an embarrassment to our university.

I strongly disagree with your first sentence. Agree with the rest.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:03 am

I have never left a Boston College football game early in my six years of being a fan. Today I left with 12 minutes left in the fourth quarter. There are no words to describe how disappointed I am in this game, the management, the coaching, etc. Tonight was embarrassing. I told every ND fan I saw that they didn't necessarily deserve to win, but that they were the better team. Personally, I am disgusted. The only reason I will come to anymore games is to see friends here in Boston, not to see the team. Tonight was absurd. :skank
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:05 am

I consider myself to be pretty fortunate that I live in TX so I can be as far away as possible from this shitty coaching staff. The BC football program is about to enter a serious decline. Feel bad for Herzlich - comes back from cancer only to have his last year ruined by crappy QBs.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium