has any BC win ever.....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

has any BC win ever.....

Postby Eagledom on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:09 pm

....felt more like a loss? The final score is the ONLY good thing about that game. The conservative playcalling on offense and the prevent defense are what we have to look forward to?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: has any BC win ever.....

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Shinskie and Haden were good things about the game, too.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:12 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Shinskie and Haden were good things about the game, too.

and they will both be handcuffed by tranquil
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:....felt more like a loss? The final score is the ONLY good thing about that game. The conservative playcalling on offense and the prevent defense are what we have to look forward to?

This felt like a shittier version of the Tom O'Brien Era. I don't know if I can do it again. I may have to hang up my pom poms or else I'm going to :suicide
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Ohioeagle on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm stunned. Our beloved school team has now exceed the expectations of the Sporting News, which soothsayed them at 0-8 for the conference year. I guress they just did not understand their place.
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:23 pm

It's totally a loss...the more games Spaz/dumbo win the longer they'll get to stick around. They need to be gone. That was the luckiest ending ever - I think dumbo hacked in and called that play for Wake.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:24 pm

i just want to enjoy the win without thinking about anything else for the rest of today. i can freak out about our long term prospects tomorrow.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby dick ritchie on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:29 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Shinskie and Haden were good things about the game, too.

was shinskie that great? i think the jury is still out. i will give you that he didn't do anything to lose the game, that alone is a step up from what we saw last year. i will also give you the TD pass to larmond. but the other two TD passes we more a result of good catches by the TEs. both throws were high, as was the last throw in OT. and that throw to haden on OT was awful. i hope i am wrong but i have a feeling we will be seeing tuggle at some point next week because our offense will stall against a better d.
dick ritchie
Carney Hall

Postby eagleman99 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Thought Shinskie showed the ability to throw the short to medium pass fairly well. He definitely has the arm. At least Spaz can concentrate on one qb now, think that's been a big part in retarding the growth of all involved.
eagleman99
n00b

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Haden was good, and I think the OL definitely improved, or at least undid some of whatever Tranquill did to them to destroy the excellent line of last year.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 pm

i hope i am wrong but i have a feeling we will be seeing tuggle at some point next week because our offense will stall against a better d.

Shinsie looked fine today. But it doesn't matter who the QB is next week. BC can only beat the Seminoles in Florida. BC loses next week because BC is not permitted to beat FSU at home.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:45 pm

I found it interesting how many passes hit our WRs right in the hands last week and were dropped, while our WRs made a lot of catches that looked unnatural and they had to contort their body a little bit to actually make the catch.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:48 pm

The Ghost of JoLonn Dunbar lives at that end of the field.

Contact the Sci-Fi channel and look for ghosts.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

regardless of who the better QB is, the playcalling is going to hurt both of them. On the positive side, Shinskie is ONLY a true freshman and that gets lost sometimes b/c he is 25. We should see a lot of improvement over the year because he has been out of the game for so long....and it appears he has a pretty solid base to start from. Just tryin' to identify some positives here....
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Shinskie looked night and day better today than he looked vs Clemson. Granted, Clemson is a better team (defensively) than Wake Forest. And the game was in front of a friendly crowd. But there was some improvement there, certainly enough to warrant the start next week.

Alas, it is FSU and the game is at home, so...... :whiteflag :suicide
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Shinskie was legit pretty good today. Wake's defense blows, but Shinskie was pretty good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 pm

I know Wake<Clemson but Shinski is the best QB option we have.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:31 pm

To answer the original question.

I would say the Wake win last year ranks right up there. That was like looking into the abyss.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Our receivers were great. In my opinion, Shinskie's only nice throw was the TD to Larmond Jr. in the end zone. While he did improve on looking to 2nd and 3rd options, he is still a third baseman playing QB. That said, he is still better than Crane or Davis.

Better OL play but some appeared exhausted come the 4th quarter.

Haden with 5.5 yards per carry.

Kuechly leading the team with 9 tackles was nice.

Tony Gonzalez-like catch by McMichael.

ZERO SACKS IS DISGUSTIAD! Calling St. Stephen from Fort Worth...

The win was probably the worst win I have ever seen and was eerily similar of the :toby era with the prevent offense and prevent defense. However, we did not lose and have exceeded the expectations of numerous publications.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:Our receivers were great. In my opinion, Shinskie's only nice throw was the TD to Larmond Jr. in the end zone. While he did improve on looking to 2nd and 3rd options, he is still a third baseman playing QB. That said, he is still better than Crane or Davis.

Better OL play but some appeared exhausted come the 4th quarter.

Haden with 5.5 yards per carry.

Kuechly leading the team with 9 tackles was nice.

Tony Gonzalez-like catch by McMichael.

ZERO SACKS IS DISGUSTIAD! Calling St. Stephen from Fort Worth...

The win was probably the worst win I have ever seen and was eerily similar of the :toby era with the prevent offense and prevent defense. However, we did not lose and have exceeded the expectations of numerous publications.

Shinskie can easily be better that Quintina, Craniac, and prob Paul Peterson if he was give the time to develop over the next year or two. that said, with Rettig coming in, he prob will not get that chance. let's just hope he continues to make progress this year as he gets his football instincts back.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium