Luigi finally tosses the oline under the bus....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Luigi finally tosses the oline under the bus....

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:18 am

And the excuses just keep on coming! Tobias has to be proud of this. Day of game no less!

Quotes from Luigi:

“We weren’t exactly a rushing machine. Just because guys are back and they’re good kids and they’re working hard doesn’t necessarily equate to (a great line). We weren’t exactly leading the league in rushing,” said :spaz3 running to his next excuse.

“But they’re working and I think they’ll be better this week. They’ve been better in practice. That doesn’t always equate to (success on Saturday), but it’s usually a good sign.”

Just in case Riley Skinner has a huge day do not worry that is covered:

“We haven’t faced a quarterback like Skinner yet,” said Luigi. “With this guy here, we’ll know more about the defense because this is a big-league outfit as far as organization and knowing how to attack you and being precise. They know how to move the ball.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... position=3

:ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: Luigi finally tosses the oline under the bus....

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:04 am

I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Spaz is no different than his mentors when it comes to managing expectations. Let me know when the game is over. :titanic
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:06 am

He would have to win-out for me to admit that he has an effing clue. What a lousy piece of shit. I hope twin boys pull an EagleWings on him. He might've well said "I don't care if you are going to be playing football on Sundays. You simply are to fit to employ Gary's system."
The running game comment should have been met with a follow up asking how many times we rushed for under 30. You suck Spaz. DIAF.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:11 am

I don't have a problem with the quotes about the offensive line, because the offensive line was fucking atrocious last week. You can blame it on scheme all you want, but at times they simple did not block anyone.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 am

HJS {l Wrote}:He would have to win-out for me to admit that he has an effing clue.

If BC goes 10-2, in the regular season, it'd be a failure?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Ohioeagle on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:02 am

Reads like some coach speak, trying to show due respect to the opponent. What really matters, of course, is what is going on in that locker room. Does anybody have any real insight as to that at this point?
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:43 am

Get over it, it's motivation. Spaz is just telling it like it is. Montel Harris and Josh Haden should not have 190 and 95 yards respectively in three games. I would expect at least 250 yards in 3 games for Montel. The O-Line isn't doing it's job and sometimes it takes a kick-in-the-ass to get'm going. These aren't Pop Warner football players. They're grown men, they can deal with criticism. The truth hurts
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Get over it, it's motivation. Spaz is just telling it like it is. Montel Harris and Josh Haden should not have 190 and 95 yards respectively in three games. I would expect at least 250 yards in 3 games for Montel. The O-Line isn't doing it's job and sometimes it takes a kick-in-the-ass to get'm going. These aren't Pop Warner football players. They're grown men, they can deal with criticism. The truth hurts

why do you think these grown men, four of the five who started last season and looked pretty impressive, have regressed so much?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:11 pm

They're not grown men, they're college kids - young men at best who are still going to make young men's mistakes. I'm fine with the natural criticism that comes with being a football player, at the levels these kids have played at, they're used to it. But what Spaz is doing here is different.

The question here is that Spaz is supposed to be a coach and a teacher, and if the oline isn't playing well, he should go take it up with the oline. Not the effing newspapers - publicly cutting down someone who reports to you in front of others, even if it's deserved, is a shitty thing to do. If you are charged with helping these young men grow up, you give them the respect of not pitching them under the bus publicly and instead swallow the criticism yourself, and then you fix the problem with your team. He's basically saying, these kids aren't doing what we tell them because they aren't good enough.

Sack up and make them good enough or come up with a better system. These kids dominated games last year and all of a sudden they're not good enough? That's crap.

Wheels are off our team midway through the second quarter, Spaz can't find a bus big enough to toss the team under, and Wake wins by about 21. Grobe spends the second half flipping through cooking magazines looking for that recipe his wife wanted, occasionally glancing at the game to make sure Wake is executing the same run over and over so as not to run the score to bolivian. Dancing pickles rejoice.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:01 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Wheels are off our team midway through the second quarter, Spaz can't find a bus big enough to toss the team under, and Wake wins by about 21. Grobe spends the second half flipping through cooking magazines looking for that recipe his wife wanted, occasionally glancing at the game to make sure Wake is executing the same run over and over so as not to run the score to bolivian. Dancing pickles rejoice.

I couldn't write a more accurate prediction if I collected the Logitano Army and worked on a draft all week.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Get over it, it's motivation. Spaz is just telling it like it is. Montel Harris and Josh Haden should not have 190 and 95 yards respectively in three games. I would expect at least 250 yards in 3 games for Montel. The O-Line isn't doing it's job and sometimes it takes a kick-in-the-ass to get'm going. These aren't Pop Warner football players. They're grown men, they can deal with criticism. The truth hurts

why do you think these grown men, four of the five who started last season and looked pretty impressive, have regressed so much?

Because of the new scheme and poor coaching. Simple as that. But if he throws everyone under the bus, he should throw himself under, too. He's done a shaky job thus far. Either way this years team looks like:

:titanic
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:And the excuses just keep on coming! Tobias has to be proud of this. Day of game no less!

Quotes from Luigi:

“We weren’t exactly a rushing machine. Just because guys are back and they’re good kids and they’re working hard doesn’t necessarily equate to (a great line). We weren’t exactly leading the league in rushing,” said :spaz3 running to his next excuse.

“But they’re working and I think they’ll be better this week. They’ve been better in practice. That doesn’t always equate to (success on Saturday), but it’s usually a good sign.”

Just in case Riley Skinner has a huge day do not worry that is covered:

“We haven’t faced a quarterback like Skinner yet,” said Luigi. “With this guy here, we’ll know more about the defense because this is a big-league outfit as far as organization and knowing how to attack you and being precise. They know how to move the ball.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... position=3

:ace

There's not a single quote there that is throwing anyone under the bus. The OLine did suck last week. He said they'll improve. Everyone is pissed about last week's game but this looking for anything to be negative about is getting ridiculous. You sound like HJS
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:37 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Wheels are off our team midway through the second quarter, Spaz can't find a bus big enough to toss the team under, and Wake wins by about 21. Grobe spends the second half flipping through cooking magazines looking for that recipe his wife wanted, occasionally glancing at the game to make sure Wake is executing the same run over and over so as not to run the score to bolivian. Dancing pickles rejoice.

I couldn't write a more accurate prediction if I collected the Logitano Army and worked on a draft all week.

An incorrect prediction so far - I would love to eat my words. Let's see how it goes for the second half.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

you have predicted a loss all 4 games.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

you have predicted a loss all 4 games.

I would like to live in the merryman world that you live in. Spaz did everything humanly possible to get your expectations down to 0 and talked shit about his players to the press which to me is the worst thing a coach can do and yet you focus on HomoJS. GDIAF. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium