Spaz: "We are what we are"

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Spaz: "We are what we are"

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:50 pm

You were waiting for him to say it... now he has: "There's a certain area we recruit," Spaziani said. "We all have our circles. It's just that we've got the Atlantic Ocean on one side of our circle…. We're not a lot of other colleges. What they do is good. We are what we are, and we love it that way."
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009 ... s-college/

Nice article blaming Tranq for the offensive line's troubles (complete with ObserverCollege comment).
http://www.accsports.com/articles/20090 ... -flaws.php
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Spaz: "We are what we are"

Postby billyshelby on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Has Spaz once said the goal is to win a national championship? I've never seen a new coach work so hard so early to lower expectations across the board in every facet of the program.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

It's almost as if Spaz is intentionally trying to piss off EO with his comments.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:You were waiting for him to say it... now he has: "There's a certain area we recruit," Spaziani said. "We all have our circles. It's just that we've got the Atlantic Ocean on one side of our circle…. We're not a lot of other colleges. What they do is good. We are what we are, and we love it that way."

Nice article blaming Tranq for the offensive line's troubles (complete with ObserverCollege comment).

The Atlantic Ocean? The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?

What about the Res? So we are sea locked and can't win?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:12 pm

You can recruit as far north as the resevoir. You can recruit as far east as the Circle Cinema. You can recruit as far west as the Sheraton Tara. And you can recruit as far south as Brookline.

That is Spaz's recruiting "box".
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Step back from the ledge, fellas. This sounds a bit different from the way Toby used it. And I don't think anyone has expressed anything but happiness with Spaz & Co.'s recruiting thus far.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:36 pm

That's it. I've fucking had it. I HATE SPAZ AS HEAD COACH. I HATE OLD MAN TRANQUIL. I HATE COACH FLIP.

A gem:

After Jagodzinski was fired, Spaziani brought in Gary Tranquill to run the offense, and with that came a new blocking scheme. Castonzo described the new scheme heading into the season as “a little bit of everything. We’re mixing it all in. There’s really no run scheme that’s out there that we’re not using.”

Unfortunately for BC, none of the offensive line’s blocking schemes seem to be working, and that does not bode well for the immediate future of this young team. Aside from the five offensive line starters, eight of the remaining 17 starters are either freshmen or sophomores. In addition, 10 of those 17 starters outside of the linemen had no regular starting experience before this season.

I wasn't sure what it was that blew up the OLine, but here's the evidence. Really???? The team's strength is blown up in favor of "a little bit of everything?" Fucking assholes. Starts with Dumbo, then responsibility shifts to Spaz, and ends at GDF. Disaster level blunders!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:57 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Step back from the ledge, fellas. This sounds a bit different from the way Toby used it. And I don't think anyone has expressed anything but happiness with Spaz & Co.'s recruiting thus far.

Yes but the Atlantic Ocean has been overfished so :spaz2 is going to run out of recruits soon.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:The Atlantic Ocean? The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?
The Atlantic Ocean?

h2o
Campion Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:You were waiting for him to say it... now he has: "There's a certain area we recruit," Spaziani said. "We all have our circles. It's just that we've got the Atlantic Ocean on one side of our circle…. We're not a lot of other colleges. What they do is good. We are what we are, and we love it that way."

What does he even mean with the Atlantic Ocean comment? Because BC is a coastal school, they can't recruit as much area as other non-coastal schools? He can't actually mean that... can he?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:19 pm

What does he even mean with the Atlantic Ocean comment? Because BC is a coastal school, they can't recruit as much area as other non-coastal schools? He can't actually mean that... can he?

You see BC is "ocean locked." Spaz can't drive east and recruit in the Atlantic Ocean. There are no high schools in the ocean. There is only 3 directions he can go, putting him at a recruiting disadvantage to Ohio State where Tressel can get in a car and drive in any of 4 different directions. And really, Spaz can only recruit in 2 different directions since they don't know how to play football in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, or Canada. :gun

Using his logic, the Missouri Tigers and the Kansas Jayhawks should recruit better than anyone. It's a wonder the University of Miami can even recruit enough people to field a team! :skank
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm

USC can relate....they have a similar problem due to that rascal of an ocean called the Pacific stopping them from recruiting westward. And poor LSU has the gulf of mexico keeping them from winning championships. and Miami is blocked from recruiting in the THREE directions by that same damn Atlantic ocean. That's why none of those teams can win either.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Spaz recruiting seems better than Jags. Why didn't Spaz try and retain Logan as OC? I bet if he had made the pitch , Logan would have stayed.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:35 pm

Well... I have to assume the "Atlantic Ocean" comment should really make Bjorn Werner a lay-up. I mean... we are physically the closest school to Germany. So, we should be the natural choice.
:titanic
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonSluggo on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:44 pm

WTF, rats deserting the ship already....I'm gonna wait a couple of days and maybe I'll join you folks....

:toby
BostonSluggo
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Spaz deserves criticism for the tanqiuil hire, the quotes during the clemson game, and last weeks performance, but reading into this quote and making a big deal out of it is ridiculous.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Just give it a chance.

This quote is him saying we are BC and we love it. That's it. He's not saying we can't win. Come on. You're jumping off the ship way to early.
Be fucking positive.

If we lose Saturday then i'm with you but we won't!!!

In fact "We're going to run this town"!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVA-xTBeHyM

TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angrychicken :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle

BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF BITCH ASS WAKE!!!
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:24 pm

This CAN'T be happening. This has to be a nightmare. He needs to keep his mouth shut. As far as coaching, you hire a Toby guy so you get a Toby guy. When Schiano took the Rutgers job, he said his goal was to win a NC every year. Now that is a long shot but at least he knows what the goal is. This stupid Eye-Talian (I'm Itlaian) bastard, Spaz has no freakin clue.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:What about the Res? So we are sea locked and can't win?

You can recruit as far north as the resevoir. You can recruit as far east as the Circle Cinema. You can recruit as far west as the Sheraton Tara. And you can recruit as far south as Brookline.

That is Spaz's recruiting "box".

Beauty.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCLou on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Let's get one thing straight. I didn't like TOB and wanted him gone 3 years before he left but some of you people are way over the top with your criticism of Spaz. What's next? Maybe you can gain some valuable insights into his coaching philosophy by observing the way he eats cornflakes.

In the same article on accsports.com he described Clemson with the phrase "they are what they are".

Despite his admitted recruiting shortcomings he's managed to get a promising QB from slightly west of the Sheraton Tara as well as a 4-star WR from a state in which we haven't done well recently.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:22 am

The Observer College post is 5 Stars. Classic work. :banana :pepper2
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonSluggo on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:16 pm

BostonSluggo {l Wrote}:WTF, rats deserting the ship already....I'm gonna wait a couple of days and maybe I'll join you folks....

I'm going to wait a bit longer....I was happy with Shinskie's play but shitty calls by the refs and brainfarts by the coaches and the players almost blew it...

BostonSluggo
n00b

Return to Alumni Stadium