EAGLES FIRST DOWN, BITCH!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: EAGLES FIRST DOWN, BITCH!!!

Postby Salzano14 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Wow, slow news day?

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/loc ... s-20100920

Note the video.

Just the fact that they showed the "Jerry sez: Keep it classy" absolutely made my night. I hope he saw it, he would have done a spit take with his chardonnay.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

What are the odds that every single student who decried the chant in the video have said the chant themselves multiple times? 90% 100%?
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 am

The band (which, keep in mind, I am no longer a part of) has been asked to stop playing the first down song.

So I guess that's that?
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby AdamBC on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:33 am

I had a feeling that would be the outcome.

Considering that right before half-time when the band is lining up at the endzone and not playing the ditty, there is no first down cheer from the student section, not playing it at all kills the cheer entirely.

I will not miss the nerd cheer.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:The band (which, keep in mind, I am no longer a part of) has been asked to stop playing the first down song.

So I guess that's that?

I like the song....this makes me sad although the chant is really stupid.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:The band (which, keep in mind, I am no longer a part of) has been asked to stop playing the first down song.

So I guess that's that?

what's the band's first down song?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 am

Get ready for a new chant to end the scoring cheer, "We. Want. More. Bitches!"
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:58 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Get ready for a new chant to end the scoring cheer, "We. Want. More. Bitches!"

that would actually be clever.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:59 am

So I guess that's that?

Probably the right move, but are the students really incapable of doing it without the rhythmic assistance? :ugeek:
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:00 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

So I guess that's that?

Probably the right move, but are the students really incapable of doing it without the rhythmic assistance? :ugeek:

I think this is how cheer sheets come into play. :81
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

So I guess that's that?

Yes.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 am

campion {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Get ready for a new chant to end the scoring cheer, "We. Want. More. Bitches!"

Its the first measure of the first bar and the last bar of "For Boston."

I'm sorry, I know this is :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: but "measure" and "bar" mean the same thing, which makes this totally nonsensical.

Sorry... carry on.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 am

campion {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

I'm sorry, I know this is :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: but "measure" and "bar" mean the same thing, which makes this totally nonsensical.

Sorry... carry on.

The guy asked a question that you obviously know the answer to-- why don't you just answer the damned thing instead of slamming the poor sod who does attempt to answer it?
No, sorry, you're right, I was just momentarily blinded like an English major faced with the sentence "They're are some ugly people over their."

It's the first 4 measures of "For Boston" and then some kind of 3 measure flourish that is similar to but not quite the last 3 measures of "For Boston" (it's 2/4 time)
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So I guess that's that?

I like the song....this makes me sad although the chant is really stupid.

I agree that it is sad that the song is gone thanks to Ace & Friends.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

Sorry... carry on.

:whammy

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

Sorry... carry on.

Sorry, Herr Doktor Professor Gustav Mahler. Should I have said that its the first 6 notes of the first bar and the last 7 notes of the last bar? The guy asked a question that you obviously know the answer to-- why don't you just answer the damned thing instead of slamming the poor sod who does attempt to answer it?

Or you can just stand still for a minute while I jam your horn up your arse. Either way.

:whammy :whammy

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Kudos to campion for turning Mahler into a Nazi war criminal.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Kudos to campion for turning Mahler into a Nazi war criminal.

He was a high school music teacher, if I remember correctly. I think he taught in a"Gymnasium", as they call their secondary schools.

We had that growing up, and a "Cafeterium".
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:45 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Kudos to campion for turning Mahler into a Nazi war criminal.

He was a high school music teacher, if I remember correctly. I think he taught in a"Gymnasium", as they call their secondary schools.

He did work under Wagner for a time, and his music was banned in the rest of Europe during WWII, but "Herr Docktor" might be a bit much. Don't think he was a high school teacher - most of his career was leading orchestras, and he did a little composing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:07 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

He did work under Wagner for a time, and his music was banned in the rest of Europe during WWII, but "Herr Docktor" might be a bit much. Don't think he was a high school teacher - most of his career was leading orchestras, and he did a little composing.

I have always liked Mahler. Some people hate him because his music sounds bombastic or like a movie score, but I really like him. Before he retired Ozawa took the BSO through all of Mahler's 10(?) symphonies. Beautiful. I don't know where I learned (erroneously, it turns out) that he was a high school teacher. but I thought that.

The term "Herr Doktor Professor" has nothing to do with Nazis-- its just the highest academic title in the German/Austrian system.

Sounds like Nazis to me. Like "Herr Docktor Mengele."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

campion {l Wrote}:I have always liked Mahler. Some people hate him because his music sounds bombastic or like a movie score, but I really like him.

Critics have said that about a lot of the late Romantics. I don't like Mahler as much as I like some of the others, especially the pre-Revolution Russians, but I don't undertstand that criticism at all. A movie score does not adhere to traditional forms, which the Romantics did (while pushing the envelope some, I admit).
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

I have always liked Mahler. Some people hate him because his music sounds bombastic or like a movie score, but I really like him. Before he retired Ozawa took the BSO through all of Mahler's 10(?) symphonies. Beautiful. I don't know where I learned (erroneously, it turns out) that he was a high school teacher. but I thought that.

The term "Herr Doktor Professor" has nothing to do with Nazis-- its just the highest academic title in the German/Austrian system.

Sounds like Nazis to me. Like "Herr Docktor Mengele."

One of my BC High classmates spent about 15 years at BC working on a PhD in German history. He was a German-American, and he fancied himself a real academician. He wore tweeds, wing tips, the whole bit. He was a teaching assistant at BC forever, so much so that faculty started calling him a tenured grad student. Andy Buni and Tom O'Connor started calling him "Herr Doktor Professor" because the airs that he put on were absurd.

how do you spend that many years on a PhD and not get it? yikes.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
how do you spend that many years on a PhD and not get it? yikes.

My aunt took 20 years, mostly because she is lazy. I'll never forget my BC graduation party when my uncle asked my mother "So how does it make you feel knowing your son will work a real job before your sister ever does?"
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:25 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:I have always liked Mahler. Some people hate him because his music sounds bombastic or like a movie score, but I really like him.

Critics have said that about a lot of the late Romantics. I don't like Mahler as much as I like some of the others, especially the pre-Revolution Russians, but I don't undertstand that criticism at all. A movie score does not adhere to traditional forms, which the Romantics did (while pushing the envelope some, I admit).

I agree. I really like the late English guys like Vaughn Williams and Stanford as well. I'm OK with just about everything until Stravinsky. Listening to Stravinsky is like having an epileptic fit in your ears.

Agree on Stravinsky, though his early stuff is mimicking the other Russians, and is decent, like Firebird and Rite of Spring.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:42 pm

campion {l Wrote}:I agree. I really like the late English guys like Vaughn Williams and Stanford as well. I'm OK with just about everything until Stravinsky. Listening to Stravinsky is like having an epileptic fit in your ears.

Amen. I go to 3-4 BSO concerts a season and pick them based on program... without fail something I really like will be sandwiched between works of Stravinsky and Ravel. I waited years for them to perform the Grieg Piano Concerto, one of my favorites, and when they finally did it was preceded by some mess written by Bartok. The worst.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 pm

It's back. Discuss.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm above the students in the endzone, there was something after "first down" but it wasn't nearly as bad as last year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I'm above the students in the endzone, there was something after "first down" but it wasn't nearly as bad as last year.

Agreed it was nothing like last year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:37 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:It's back. Discuss.

Loudest I have ever heard it. I am in RR.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm

get one of those flip cameras. head down to the student section. find some incredibly dorky looking nerd student who yells that. upload to youtube.

shame the shit out of those people.
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium