EAGLES FIRST DOWN, BITCH!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

EAGLES FIRST DOWN, BITCH!!!

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Not only is it not going away, it is louder this year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: EAGLES FIRST DOWN, BITCH!!!

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Lamer as well. My only gripe with the student section, which is otherwise awesome. This makes them sound like clownshoes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 pm

I don't mind it so much, except when the say it after a kick off or punt. Umm, duhhh, of course its a first down bitch
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 pm

It's brutal and I can only imagine once a night game comes and ppl drink more.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:It's brutal and I can only imagine once a night game comes and ppl drink more.

I knew you would chime in on this. They were pretty wasted on Saturday... you had to figure with your class graduated and replaced with impressionable freshmen, this was going to get worse before it got better.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:21 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:It's brutal and I can only imagine once a night game comes and ppl drink more.

I knew you would chime in on this. They were pretty wasted on Saturday... you had to figure with your class graduated and replaced with impressionable freshmen, this was going to get worse before it got better.

The first few weekends are the worst for sick drinking on every campus as freshmen experience "freedom" for the first time, and learn that such freedom sometimes requires hospitalization and stomach pumps.

Not to mention STD tests....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:23 pm

I can't wait to hear it in person again!

As previously pointed out, however, the improvement in the student section in the past 4 years is tremendous.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:I can't wait to hear it in person again!

As previously pointed out, however, the improvement in the student section in the past 4 years is tremendous.

Now how do we get them to go over to Conte for the basketball games?...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:I can't wait to hear it in person again!

Now how do we get them to go over to Conte for the basketball games?...

put it as a sugestion on their football game cheer sheets

Or offer more free burritos
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

The first few weekends are the worst for sick drinking on every campus as freshmen experience "freedom" for the first time, and learn that such freedom sometimes requires hospitalization and stomach pumps.

I noticed a pocket of emptiness in the middle of the student section on the 30 yard line in the 3rd quarter, I figured that was the vomit puddle's seat.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:56 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

I noticed a pocket of emptiness in the middle of the student section on the 30 yard line in the 3rd quarter, I figured that was the vomit puddle's seat.

It was a 3:30 game....perhaps the student section should take it easy on the drinking if they're puking by 5:00 pm.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:02 pm

I never noticed it prior to Kent St. Gayer than Liberace fisting himself.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ryrob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:49 pm

I was sitting with Claver above the endzone next to the student section. It's louder than I even remember it being from sitting in the student section itself. Just awful. On the plus side, the whole student section was filled by the 2nd quarter and was pretty vocal. I attribute this mainly to the 3:30 start time.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:51 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I never noticed it prior to Kent St. Gayer than Liberace fisting himself.

It's embarrassing for the school, especially when you can hear it on tv (which people said you could last year & I imagine it only getting more recognizable as the year progresses).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I never noticed it prior to Kent St. Gayer than Liberace fisting himself.

It's embarrassing for the school, especially when you can hear it on tv (which people said you could last year & I imagine it only getting more recognizable as the year progresses).

The "bitch" part is a bit muddled because it tails upwards at the end (wit some attitude!). Hopefully it's hard to distinguish on TV.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:03 pm

an old lady sitting behind me asked her son what they were saying and he looked around and said eagles first down..... go. and she nodded and went back to being half comatose.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:07 pm

The Heights should grow a nutsack and write a front page article on how fucking stupid and juvenile it is. That's the only way to reach the majority of the students, short of an administrative email telling these idiots to stop making our school look bad.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The "bitch" part is a bit muddled because it tails upwards at the end (wit some attitude!). Hopefully it's hard to distinguish on TV.

You could hear it on the broadcast. One time pretty clearly; the other times it was more muddled.

It is pretty stupid.

Most people here seem to agree it is not a positive development. And given the cast of characters on this Board, if the consensus here is that it's distasteful, then you know it's pretty bad.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Harry Seaward on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:The Heights should grow a nutsack and write a front page article on how fucking stupid and juvenile it is. That's the only way to reach the majority of the students, short of an administrative email telling these idiots to stop making our school look bad.

an administrative email would just make them want to do it more.

I think the best course of action would be an op/ed in the Heights penned by some recent grads.
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:The Heights should write a front page article on how stupid and juvenile it is.

That angle won't work. You need to go with the it's-offensive-to-women angle in order to get The Heights' attention.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:20 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:The Heights should write a front page article on how stupid and juvenile it is.

That angle won't work. You need to go with the it's-offensive-to-women angle in order to get The Heights' attention.

I can see it now, "chant deregatory to womyn" (with the y spelling so it's more progressive). I thought about the whole recent alumni op ed route, but don't want to come off as a "get offa my lawn" type.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm

This...I only remember this starting last year with a small group...now with a new class who thinks it part of tradition they repeat it and it will keep spreading...its retarded..Some people have mentioned it already as making us look bad...Im all for profanity and heckling...but when it has absolutley no point the student section looks retarded...

Despite this I must say...the student section is bringing it this year...2 completely full games, yeah, they might have trickled out early but BC has dominated, and the game really have been booooooring for non hardcore fans...Va Tech and ND are going to be insane....If only I could say the same about the rest of Almuni...The more "Superfans" that graduate (started in '98??) the better it will get I suspect...well see
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:

I can see it now, "chant deregatory to womyn" (with the y spelling so it's more progressive). I thought about the whole recent alumni op ed route, but don't want to come off as a "get offa my lawn" type.

This reminds me of the reviews of the "Funny or Die" concert in Spring of 2008. They lambasted the use of "retard" and the promotion of the drinking culture around BC. I literally wanted to smack these people upside the head when I read them. Apparently people have never been to a comedy club before or realize that not all of the jokes are true stories. Of course the only one they liked was Dimitri Martin who is about as vanilla as you get. Here are the links
http://www.bcheights.com/2.6176/ferrell-hits-some-wrong-notes-1.907390
http://www.bcheights.com/2.6177/death-by-comedy-1.907355
Last edited by flyingelvii on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:07 pm

The Heights might have reported on the chant if they were aware that the football season has even started.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:20 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

This reminds me of the reviews of the "Funny or Die" concert in Spring of 2008. They lambasted the use of "retard" and the promotion of the drinking culture around BC. I literally wanted to smack these people upside the head when I read them. Apparently people have never been to a comedy club before or realize that not all of the jokes are true stories. Of course the only one they liked was Dimitri Martin who is about as vanilla as you get. Here are the links

Those articles were really faggy and retarded.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby ryrob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:51 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Without bothering to go back and read those articles, I think Zach Galifianakis threatening to rape everyone and "if you don't get that, you're probably not black" pissed people off too. My roommates and I were already familiar with his brand of humor from Tim and Eric, so it was hilarious to us.

EDIT: Went and read them, big mistake. Absolutely humorless people. I forgot about this Galifianakis joke too:
He spent the entire time ripping sheets from a large drawing pad, which featured abrasive rhetoric such as the fact that he hoped that Dick Cheney's "74 daughter" had "74 children."
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Carl Spackler on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm

All of the kids I've talked to in the student section don't get that it's incredibly classless. They just think its funny to say bitch because their mom isn't around to stop them. It definitely seems like the upperclassmen hate it (or at least the dedicated fans do). If the freshmen stop it, hopefully it'll die out. But that'll be tough considering how badass it is to curse in public.
Carl Spackler
n00b

Postby ryrob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Carl Spackler {l Wrote}:All of the kids I've talked to in the student section don't get that it's incredibly classless. They just think its funny to say bitch because their mom isn't around to stop them. It definitely seems like the upperclassmen hate it (or at least the dedicated fans do). If the freshmen stop it, hopefully it'll die out. But that'll be tough considering how badass it is to curse in public.

Start punching them in the face. I'm not joking.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:07 pm

On a whim, I checked The Heights website. One Craig Noyes decided to write the editor about the chant.

"misogynistic"
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:11 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Without bothering to go back and read those articles, I think Zach Galifianakis threatening to rape everyone and "if you don't get that, you're probably not black" pissed people off too. My roommates and I were already familiar with his brand of humor from Tim and Eric, so it was hilarious to us.

EDIT: Went and read them, big mistake. Absolutely humorless people. I forgot about this Galifianakis joke too:
He spent the entire time ripping sheets from a large drawing pad, which featured abrasive rhetoric such as the fact that he hoped that Dick Cheney's "74 daughter" had "74 children."

And now he is probably their favorite comedians because of his "breakout" performance in The Hangover. He had a show on VH1 for like a month that was hilarious.

Whenever I think of comedy shows I'm reminded of the time I went to one in NYC with my mom and brother during my freshman year. We got put in the front row and, needless to say, I got absolutely hammered by the comedians. And it was funny as all hell. I would love to see those two put in my position there. They'd be crying by the time the emcee got off the stage.

And I agree with the others with the bitch. I don't care if it's offensive, vulgar, or anything, just sounds stupid and forced.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium