Henning or Spaz?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Henning or Spaz?

Postby tailgater94 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm sure there were worse coaches in BC history (Chlebek?), but for the current generation of fans that are younger than merrymen, Dan Henning is the gold standard of BC head coaching failures. How will Spaz compare to Henning?

Who will have the longer tenure as BC HC?

Dear God I hope its Henning

Who will have the more spectacular ending to his HC career?

Dear God I hope its Henning

Who will have the bigger win during his tenure at BC?

Most likely Henning with his '94 destruction of ND at home.

Who will have the worse loss during his tenure at BC?

Henning lost to Army at home. Dear God I hope its Henning.

Who will have the most retarded quote during his tenure as BC HC?

This gem by Spaz will be tough to beat:
“It looks like it’s indecisive, but it’s not indecisive,” said Spaziani. “We know exactly what we’ve got to do. It’s just not clear. We know how we’ve got to get to the point and when somebody shows us that they’re doing something (then they’ll play)…When somebody separates themselves, then it becomes more decisive for everybody.”…

:spaz2 = :toby :tdw
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Re: Henning or Spaz?

Postby BigPete on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Dan Henning has been a coordinator, a SUCCESSFUL coordinator, in the NFL.

Dan Henning faced a schedule my freshman year at BC that was RIDICULOUSLY challenging. The fall '95 schedule remains about the toughest I think BC ever played. OSU with Eddie George, Springs, et. al. to open; Michigan with Toomer and Hayes; a good MSU team, and a full BE schedule before that league turned ghey.

I'm waiting for Spaz to play an ACC schedule and throw in OSU and Michigan out of conference. That alcoholic bitch is crying already and he's playing a CAKE schedule this year, with an offense that won the division last year. Have another Popov and Sprite you fucking bum.

I am just drunk enough to say that he is a bigtime douchebag who dyes his hair and who would have left BC with Tobias if his mother were not in a nearby nursing home. Maybe he should put Tranq in there, dye his hair bleached blonde rather than the cheesy shoepolish black he covers with his SAWX HAT AS A YANKEE FAN, put on a CHOOSE LIFE t shirt and fag around to Jitterbug. It wouldn't be any softer than his expectation lowering, cowardice-infused performance so far this year.

FUCK OFF SPAZ YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE. SUCK A CHEETAH'S DICK YOU FUCKING DOUCHEBAG. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ALMA MATER CHICKENSHIT. JOE PATERNO IS ASHAMED OF YOU YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE, AND HE CRAPS HIS MOTHERFUCKING PANTS.

Gene D you fucking dwarf, fuck you, your posturing, and your smarm. I am sorry you were born a dwarf but it is not our fault. Don't take your dwarf ass shortcomings out on our programs you halfman.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 pm

We lost one damn f***ing game shut up dumbass
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:44 am

Classic post Pete... posts like these make this place great.

As for the wusses who keep saying "it was only one loss"... STFU!!! It ain't the fact that we lost... it was the WAY we lost. Spaz doesn't come to the job with a clean slate. He has been here for over a dozen years. He was a suspect hire at the time. His choice of OC was absolutely crucified by this crew. When the things we predicted eight months ago bare fruit in the FIRST EFFING ACC GAME WE PLAY, his board certainly can re-hash our premonitions... mock those who thought otherwise... and violently object to the shitty future we are so sentenced.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:58 am

The dumbest quote to come out of this Clemson thing is "Its not that we lost, its the WAY we lost" Its staring to sound like "Its the economy, stupid!"

One of the worst losses theyve ever had was the opener in '93 v. Miami, which came on the heels of getting crushed in the bowl game by Tennessee the previous January. They got beat like 28-7, but ended up 9-3. Ok, so BC wont end up that good this year, but you could slap that silly "its the way we lost" thing on every L.
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 am

Henning, I like having 6 tight ends on the field at once.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 am

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:The dumbest quote to come out of this Clemson thing is "Its not that we lost, its the WAY we lost" Its staring to sound like "Its the economy, stupid!"

One of the worst losses theyve ever had was the opener in '93 v. Miami, which came on the heels of getting crushed in the bowl game by Tennessee the previous January. They got beat like 28-7, but ended up 9-3. Ok, so BC wont end up that good this year, but you could slap that silly "its the way we lost" thing on every L.

The way they lost has nothing to do with the score, and everything to do with that awful halftime statement about hoping not to get blown out, as well as the offensive gameplan designed solely to accomplish that limited goal. The only loss worse from this standpoint than last Saturday in my 25+ years of watching BC football was the VT game a few years back. TOB lost some crappy and important games, but only once did it seem that he was playing with the idea that he was going to lose. Spaz has done it once already. Then he blamed it on his players.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:05 am

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:The dumbest quote to come out of this Clemson thing is "Its not that we lost, its the WAY we lost" Its staring to sound like "Its the economy, stupid!"

This is now the dumbest quote. The biggest difference between '93 and '09 is Tom Coughlin vs :spaz2 .
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:08 am

I really dont think that was what he was doing. He said they needed to worry about getting a first down before they could worry about anything else. So what?? He didnt say, "Wow Tuggle and Shinskie are just horrible and I hope we dont get blown out by too much." Look, I dont have any special loyalty to Spaziani. If they lose 7, 8, or 9 games, then f him. But after 1 game? (ITS THE WAY WE LOST, I get it)
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:20 am

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:I really dont think that was what he was doing. He said they needed to worry about getting a first down before they could worry about anything else. So what?? He didnt say, "Wow Tuggle and Shinskie are just horrible and I hope we dont get blown out by too much." Look, I dont have any special loyalty to Spaziani. If they lose 7, 8, or 9 games, then f him. But after 1 game? (ITS THE WAY WE LOST, I get it)

He said that the defense prevented a blow out in the first half, and "hopefully" they could do the same in the second. In a 16-0 game. Not "we are going to make changes and make a comeback (like maybe fucking letting our QB run a little)" but "hopefully we can keep preventing a blowout"

This team should win 7-8 games by accident. But I am not going to wait until they don't - the warning signs are there in bright colors.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BigPete on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:We lost one damn f***ing game shut up dumbass

Have another Popov and Sprite, shoe polish head.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 am

MrAwesome goes by that name for the irony value.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:39 am

BigPete {l Wrote}:Dan Henning has been a coordinator, a SUCCESSFUL coordinator, in the NFL.

Dan Henning faced a schedule my freshman year at BC that was RIDICULOUSLY challenging. The fall '95 schedule remains about the toughest I think BC ever played. OSU with Eddie George, Springs, et. al. to open; Michigan with Toomer and Hayes; a good MSU team, and a full BE schedule before that league turned ghey.

Gene D you fucking dwarf, fuck you, your posturing, and your smarm. I am sorry you were born a dwarf but it is not our fault. Don't take your dwarf ass shortcomings out on our programs you halfman.

Was funny watching (the kid from St. Thomas who got tossed later that year for, among other things, banging a drunk fat chick with the MacDaddy who claimed she was raped the next day, and ended up at Purdue) trying to cover Terry Glenn.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Can we re-title this Herpes or Diarrhea?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCLou on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:26 pm

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:Who will have the worse loss during his tenure at BC?

Henning lost to Army at home. Dear God I hope its Henning.

As bad as last Saturday's loss was it pales in comparison to this game. I've been following BC football for over 40 years and that performance against Army is not only far more embarrassing than the Clemson clusterfuck but easily the most pathetic display by a BC football team. They just flat-out quit.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Didnt Steve Peach play QB in that Army debacle??? It wasnt that they lost that game, it was how they lost.
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby holycross87 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:35 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Didnt Steve Peach play QB in that Army debacle??? It wasnt that they lost that game, it was how they lost.

Peach graduated well before '96...assuming you're referencing the 1995 Army 49 BC 7 game.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:37 am

holycross87 {l Wrote}:
MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Didnt Steve Peach play QB in that Army debacle??? It wasnt that they lost that game, it was how they lost.

Peach graduated well before '96...assuming you're referencing the 1995 Army 49 BC 7 game.

Wasn't he a punter and backup QB in the 80's?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Ohioeagle on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:21 am

Spaz has been a college coach for a long time so I am assuming at this point he has not forgotten everything he has learned about the major college game just because he became head coach. Henning, on the other hand, was a pro coach trying to adjust back to the college game, bringing in some old NFL contacts for his assistants, which was destined to be a transient model had he lasted. My gut view, albiet from way far away, is Spaz is light years ahead of where Henning was when it comes to recruiting. While BC's offense was seriously outschemed last week (as everything counter or to the outside was way too slow against Clemson's defense) I am taking a wait and see approach.
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium