If Spaz is anything like TOB...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

If Spaz is anything like TOB...

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:24 pm

BC will win this weekend. And the board will be all "we just needed to switch QBs, Spaz rules." Then they will lose to Central Michigan.

I am not falling for this shit this time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: If Spaz is anything like TOB...

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm

i've gotta say ... I kind of miss not subscribing to EA. I'd kind of love to see the idiocy coming out of EagleWings and greenarthur's mouths, assuming neither have died yet.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Spaz looked like someone shot his dog at halftime of the Clemson. TOBy at least knew how to fake looking like a real college coach.

I fear this is much worse. I fear that we have a guy in way over his head.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:29 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I'll take it one step further, they'll beat their fair share of good teams and end up with a respectable 7-4 heading into the Maryland game. The outcome of that game will be critical for whatever reason and that's when Spaz :spaz pulls a classic :toby and loses to a team that looks to be horrible this year.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 pm

:toby used to beat the MAC pretty consistently though. Not that's really a great thing. Just sayin is all.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:39 pm

I thought this over, too. I think it would have been more TOB-like to win at Clemson, get our hopes up, then lose Saturday.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm

talon {l Wrote}:i've gotta say ... I kind of miss not subscribing to EA. I'd kind of love to see the idiocy coming out of EagleWings and greenarthur's mouths, assuming neither have died yet.

Not suprisingly, there are still some :toby apologists over there including this gem from a guy named PatriotGolfer:

"Coach Tom O'Brien was job hunting because he was one of the lower compensated coaches in the ACC despite a streak of winning seasons, almost zero off field issues, and a superb graduation rate.

He was never extended because Gene was job hunting HIS job. Coach O'Brien did what ANY coach in America would do. If BC wanted him, they could've kept him."

:cheer :cheer :cheer
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC will win this weekend. And the board will be all "we just needed to switch QBs, Spaz rules." Then they will lose to Central Michigan.

I am not falling for this shit this time.

interestingly enough - i think cent michigan is the only team we've got a shot at after this weekend.

wake is not the wake of old. i call a victory this week "getting a blowie from an ugly girl" - you're still satisfied, but a little ashamed

UVA is fucking terrible. So is Maryland. Even the shit team last weekend should nab 3 conference wins. Notre Dame almost lost to a shit team that lost to CMU. And CMU stinks.

There are no less than 4 wins left on the schedule, regardless of coach or QB. A good coach would win one of the other 4 (VT, NCSU, UNC, FSU) to get them to 8 wins.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby billyshelby on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:57 pm

Whatever good will is created against Wake will be obliterated against VaTech and FSU if they don't fix the problems. The excuse makers will gobble up Spaz's excuses no matter what happens, anyway.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 pm

I believe I had said 7-5 on the old EI Prediction thread. I'm hopeful we get there, but think 6-6 may be the number.

At this point, my feeling is this: With a decent coach, the team has enough talent to go 8-4. With Spaz as coach, I'm thinking 6-6.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:23 pm

talon {l Wrote}:i've gotta say ... I kind of miss not subscribing to EA. I'd kind of love to see the idiocy coming out of EagleWings and greenarthur's mouths, assuming neither have died yet.

While it used to be fun occasionally... it was more often just frustrating listening to old idiots talk about things they didn't understand. "Hey... I was thinking... with Scafe out last week, why didn't we play a 3-4 defense?" "I feel bad for Spaz... no one could win after Jags spent the last two and half years not recruiting and bringing in horrible players with no redeeming value."

Honestly, while it is funny to attack their life failures and stupidity... it always just raised my blood pressure to unnatural levels.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium