Colin Larmond Injured

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Colin Larmond Injured

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:31 pm

I have a friend and he is telling me Larmond suffered a serious knee injury...Probably season ending, but they are waiting the MRI...Bad Bad news
Last edited by Puerto Rico Eagle on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Re: Colin Larmond Injured

Postby bignick33 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Even though he had his ups and downs last year, he's without question one of our top 5 irreplaceables.

:81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81

At least he's able to use his redshirt.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Aaaaand the streak continues...FML
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Not good. Well, if you were wondering if Phillips would redshirt, I'd say you got your answer. Johnathan Coleman, your time is now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:I have a friend who is a student manager and he is telling me Larmond suffered a serious knee injury...Probably season ending, but they are waiting the MRI...Bad Bad news

wow. without him, there is really not much at WR....this REALLY hurts the passing game.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:I have a friend who is a student manager and he is telling me Larmond suffered a serious knee injury...Probably season ending, but they are waiting the MRI...Bad Bad news

wow. without him, there is really not much at WR....this REALLY hurts the passing game.

Passing judgment on players before they hit the field, are we?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby garf112 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:12 pm

It hurts, but if there is a position where guys can help pretty early in college it is WR. Momah is going to have to pick up the slack and start catching some balls.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

There's certainly not any proven talent at WR, that's a fact.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No doubt. But we should trust the staff.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm

wow, someone is being a giant douchebag. these are the posts that make me convinced that TWB and HJS are related.
Last edited by Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby footer20 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:23 pm

What is the depth chart now?
Maybe:
WR1: Momah, Lee
WR2: Coleman, Phillips
Slot: Flutie, Swigert

or do they mainly go 2 WR with a rotation of Momah, Flutie, Lee, Coleman, and Phillips.
Who knows? Trust the staff, right
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Shakim, its your time to shine.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:wow, someone is being a giant douchebag. these are the posts that make me convinced that TWB and HJS are related.

Yes, (a) saying Larmond is a big loss, (b) thinking that there is a lot of WR talent among the younger players, and (c) mocking you for your rampant hypocrisy...

makes me a giant douchebag.

Definitely not denying it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:wow, someone is being a giant douchebag. these are the posts that make me convinced that TWB and HJS are related.

Yes, (a) saying Larmond is a big loss, (b) thinking that there is a lot of WR talent among the younger players, and (c) mocking you for your rampant hypocrisy...

none of which I was referring to. How about the "trust the staff" comment which was related to absolutely nothing. And I love the hypocrisy comment coming from you....
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

none of which I was referring to. How about the "trust the staff" comment which was related to absolutely nothing. And I love the hypocrisy comment coming from you....

The trust the staff comment was bait. Referred to your dueling comments about not being able to say that the OLine recruiting is bad because they hadn't played a down yet, followed by your comment in this thread that the WR talent (Amidon, Phillips, Swigert and Coleman not having played a down yet, by the way) was nonexistent.

Too easy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The trust the staff comment was bait. Referred to your dueling comments about not being able to say that the OLine recruiting is bad because they hadn't played a down yet, followed by your comment in this thread that the WR talent (Amidon, Phillips, Swigert and Coleman not having played a down yet, by the way) was nonexistent.

Too easy.
except that I never said that. I said we don't have much at WR....completely unproven....and as far experience goes, we have nothing. Looks like it wasn't that easy. And my OLine comment was bait for you, you fucking moron.....nice try. Good time for the ignore function now, your posts have become unreadable.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You should trust the staff, OJ. Spaz must see something in Coleman, Phillips, Swigert and Amidon to be more than "not much".
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:42 pm

I love the "pretend to bait the baiter" gimmick. That one always gives me a chuckle.

Never change OJ. Your predictability gives me great joy
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:47 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

HJS Jr. is on the rag today...you're right. There is no proven talent whatsoever. We will be asking a shitload from a bunch of Frosh, Redshirt frosh and upperclassmen that have no real experience as No.1/2 WRs. It would be a huge loss. But "arguement boy" thinks that if you think a Montel Harris injury would be a big loss, it means his backups suck.
Last edited by Eagledom on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Nothing official yet, I would hold out hope.. Colin definitely is
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:53 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

HJS Jr. is on the rag today...you're right. There is no proven talent whatsoever. We will be asking a shitload from a bunch of Frosh, Redshirt frosh and upperclassmen that have no real experience as No.1/2 WRs. It would be a huge loss. But "arguement boy" thinks that if you think a Montel Harris injury would be a big loss, it means his backups suck.

"without him, there is really not much at WR" - OJ

Don't need to speculate much about what you think of the backups.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:07 pm

This definitely bad news. I thought he had a pulled hamstring. Oh well. It looks like Flutie will have to step it up. What? No speeeeeeeeed you say? He is bigger and faster than Darren.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/ ... position=4
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:This definitely bad news. I thought he had a pulled hamstring. Oh well. It looks like Flutie will have to step it up. What? No speeeeeeeeed you say? He is bigger and faster than Darren.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/ ... position=4

Certainly bad news, but lets not forget that last year we were all pretty sure we were doomed when our ACC Defensive POY got cancer and we still did okay. Let's start worrying if we aren't winning games.

Not to change the subject, but anyone notice the black pants Flutie and Okohora are wearing in that article. Perhaps we'll be seeing black alternate unis? I wouldn't mind.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Horrible news on Larmond, hope he has a full recovery. Looks like the tight ends will be getting a lot of work this year.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:00 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Horrible news on Larmond, hope he has a full recovery. Looks like the tight ends will be getting a lot of work this year.

do you have info that proves it's true?
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:Horrible news on Larmond, hope he has a full recovery. Looks like the tight ends will be getting a lot of work this year.

do you have info that proves it's true?

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5918
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:02 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Looks like the tight ends will be getting a lot of work this year.

I think this was going to happen even with Lamond.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:07 am

footer20 {l Wrote}:What is the depth chart now?
Maybe:
WR1: Momah, Lee
WR2: Coleman, Phillips
Slot: Flutie, Swigert

or do they mainly go 2 WR with a rotation of Momah, Flutie, Lee, Coleman, and Phillips.
Who knows? Trust the staff, right

I think Lee is more of a slot guy and Flutie is more of an edge guy.

I'd say:

WR 1: Flutie or Coleman, Phillips
WR 2: Momah, Lindsey
Slot: Swigert, Lee

We shall see, though. We have a very strong group of Tight Ends. I hope they'll be utilized.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 am

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 am

double TE in a lot of situations - there are 3 talented TEs
rktbrkr