Beamer & VT: Class Act

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Beamer & VT: Class Act

Postby barstoolbcfan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:31 am

Last edited by barstoolbcfan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOW COOL IS THIS!?!!!
barstoolbcfan
n00b

Re: Nice move by the goiter

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:35 am

Which Big East school would have done something like this if we were in the Big East?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 am

Just posted a thank you in the VT site, was going to use it tell them about our site but seemed cheesey.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 am

Really great move by Beamer and team. I have been impressed with how ACC schools, fans, teams, players, coaches, etc., have really rallying around and supporting Mark. Just great all around.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 am

I was going to root for the U this weekend but this changed my mind.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:I was going to root for the U this weekend but this changed my mind.

I could never root for the U this year. Their presence in the local media reminds me of what we had the last 2 years. Such a stark contrast from now. I also think they are the least likely to jump on the proverbial bandwagon and do what Clemson, our players, and VTech have done. Those guys are living up what Mark's dad said in his letter-that players can be enemies on the gridiron but don't have to be off. Impressive. :kudos :kudos
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:06 pm

The U ran a 94-man train all up in some ho to honor Herzy. And they all wore the Herzy-style eye black while doing it. Nice touch.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:11 pm

When I saw the title to this thread and they mentioned "goiter" I thought they were talking about Heather Dinich.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:When I saw the title to this thread and they mentioned "goiter" I thought they were talking about Heather Dinich.

I'm glad the title was changed. I never thought the "goiter" bit was funny because it's not even a goiter, it's a scar from a fire. And now is the last time to be making fun of the guy anyway.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eaglechevy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:The U ran a 94-man train all up in some ho to honor Herzy. And they all wore the Herzy-style eye black while doing it. Nice touch.

:ignign :ignign :ignign :ignign :ignign

The man, the myth, now get me another Corona!
eaglechevy
Emeritus

Re: Beamer & VT: Class Act

Postby talon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:21 pm

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/rec ... 30aaa.html

original goal: $5000 (+94).

raised so far: $7000+

new goal: $9400
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BigPete on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm

I won't be making fun of that guy's goiter again. Class act. God Bless the ACC. Next time you see some drunken jagoff giving a visiting ACC fan a hard time @ BC, remember that we are not UConn or Rutgers fans and kick that douchebag square in the balls without ceremony.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:48 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:I won't be making fun of that guy's goiter again. Class act. God Bless the ACC. Next time you see some drunken jagoff giving a visiting ACC fan a hard time @ BC, remember that we are not UConn or Rutgers fans and kick that douchebag square in the balls without ceremony.

Agreed. Funny how my attitude towards Tech changed after we joined the ACC. Heck, even Miami is more appealing now with their new head coach, improved graduation rate, and lack of criminal charges. I have been harassed by drunken fans at ACC away games (Clemson in particular) but only by students or recent grads, and never in an overly aggressive way. 99% of fans in the ACC are 10x better than anything I experienced in the BE, including our away games at ND. Heck, I was accosted by a 60+ year old man at an ND game, and I didn't even provoke him.

I think the friendliness of ACC culture has had a positive impact on the BC fanbase, I think we are generally more friendly towards visiting fans than we once were.

Funny how things change a bit when it comes to basketball. I went to UNC for grad school, and there were plenty of games where fans got into it with each other. Not nearly as friendly a culture as football.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DrPeterV {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:I won't be making fun of that guy's goiter again. Class act. God Bless the ACC. Next time you see some drunken jagoff giving a visiting ACC fan a hard time @ BC, remember that we are not UConn or Rutgers fans and kick that douchebag square in the balls without ceremony.

Agreed. Funny how my attitude towards Tech changed after we joined the ACC. Heck, even Miami is more appealing now with their new head coach, improved graduation rate, and lack of criminal charges. I have been harassed by drunken fans at ACC away games (Clemson in particular) but only by students or recent grads, and never in an overly aggressive way. 99% of fans in the ACC are 10x better than anything I experienced in the BE, including our away games at ND. Heck, I was accosted by a 60+ year old man at an ND game, and I didn't even provoke him.

I think the friendliness of ACC culture has had a positive impact on the BC fanbase, I think we are generally more friendly towards visiting fans than we once were.

Funny how things change a bit when it comes to basketball. I went to UNC for grad school, and there were plenty of games where fans got into it with each other. Not nearly as friendly a culture as football.

from my experience, rcc fans are the closest to our "friends" from the big east... but again, that's the students and the young alums. all in all, those on the other side of 25/30 are reasonable, decent and fun loving people

When I lived in Chapel Hill there was that shooting in the RCC parking lot during a tailgate before some game and someone was killed. As I recall, it wasn't gang related; just an argument that escalated out of control. I think North Carolina splits their subway alums pretty evenly, but that more of the WWF crowd roots for the Pack.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:07 pm

i went to the RCC game where we lost on that bomb and 74 almost had a heart attack. their fans were def country, but nice enough. things might be different since the hen flew south.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 pm

We are who we are and who we are is the greatest University in the Galaxy because of 94, our alums and our fans that bring such respect, admiration and sportsmanship.

We are Boston College.

That is my alma mater.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DrPeterV on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 pm

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:
DrPeterV {l Wrote}:

from my experience, rcc fans are the closest to our "friends" from the big east... but again, that's the students and the young alums. all in all, those on the other side of 25/30 are reasonable, decent and fun loving people

When I lived in Chapel Hill there was that shooting in the RCC parking lot during a tailgate before some game and someone was killed. As I recall, it wasn't gang related; just an argument that escalated out of control. I think North Carolina splits their subway alums pretty evenly, but that more of the WWF crowd roots for the Pack.

this was a fairly tragic event with some rednecks from eastern nc that had no interest in the game - just came looking for trouble. two gents that didn't appreciate their reckless driving and trouble seeking let them know through the use of their fists. sadly, the rednecks couldn't let it stop there and found some additional support behind a pistol that they eventually used to kill those two fans. it was a sordid series of events, but i think its safe to say that it was certainly the exception rather than the rule...

That's right, they were tearing through the parking lot when there were tons of people around. I think its safe to say that that type of behavior and fan is the exception at any venue.
DrPeterV
Carney Hall

Postby CarterFinleyHitSquad on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm

DrPeterV {l Wrote}:
DrPeterV {l Wrote}:

Don't mess with us or else you'll be next!
CarterFinleyHitSquad
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:15 pm

CarterFinleyHitSquad {l Wrote}:Don't mess with us or else you'll be next!

Now all we need is studs and randyrhodes.

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 pm

the new board is totally awesome. but it does lack BAMA.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 pm

what about the ghostoftreghost? :pontif :pontif
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby ChrisKhorey on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 pm

eaglefanhilbillyland {l Wrote}:what about the ghostoftreghost? :pontif :pontif

TheghostofTREsghost? Really? Fuck all y'all bitches, Backup College losers. Pretenders to the throne. Wait til JC and Coach Weis rain TDs on your lame-ass heads for 60 minutes. 84-0, ND, guaranteed. LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS
ChrisKhorey
n00b

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:the new board is totally awesome. but it does lack BAMA.

i invited randyrhodes and he wrote back a personal PM saying he wasn't sure that he'd be able to make it over here.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 pm

ChrisKhorey {l Wrote}:

TheghostofTREsghost? Really? Fuck all y'all bitches, Backup College losers. Pretenders to the throne. Wait til JC and Coach Weis rain TDs on your lame-ass heads for 60 minutes. 84-0, ND, guaranteed. LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS

who the fxck is chris khorey? and why the fxck would i give one flying fxck what he thinks?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ChrisKhorey {l Wrote}:

who the fxck is chris khorey? and why the fxck would i give one flying fxck what he thinks?

A legend.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 pm

FSU, through its Alumni Association and other components of the university that includes the athletic department, will make a donation to Uplifting Athletes. The amount will be $9,400 — a gesture representing Herzlich's jersey number.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/30 ... ry/sports/
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby FSUeagle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
ChrisKhorey {l Wrote}:

A legend.

http://www.ndsmcobserver.com/home/index ... 4f8bc9ef4a

Was it Cold Pizza him and the BC kid were on? It was awesome.
FSUeagle
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 am

ChrisKhorey {l Wrote}:

You forgot Fredo. :ginger
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:27 am

campion {l Wrote}:I will never post as BeamersGoiter again. The Goit is Gone.

:angrychicken
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:I will never post as BeamersGoiter again. The Goit is Gone.

:angrychicken

:screamyeagle
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium