Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:58 am

That Tech article referencing Tranquill is downright disturbing. Is this some sort of Groundhog Day for us? Nemo had a similar record of past failures as an OC in college and the pros yet that fuck-face :toby saw fit to hire him and keep him employed. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Like I said, do your job first. Then talk. It had nothing to do with 8-9 in the box, the line was blocking air. One might point out that QBs might be able to loosen defenses if they don't have to run for their fucking lives two seconds after the ball is snapped.

And yes, Shinskie should STFU as well.

HJS, I didn't hear the coaching staff throw the O-Line under the bus once. Tuggle has been their main scapegoat.

Exactly....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:07 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Most famous quote from Spaz as D/C:

"If you think, you stink"

Did he really say that? Is it published somewhere? That's amazing. Contrast that statement with Jerry York, who I know has worked closely with teacher ed people in the EdSchool to keep up to date on the latest research in performance assessment and ongoing assessment, and how to teach his players to assess their own performance.

If this is true, it is more evidence that the state of best practices in coaching left Spaz behind some years ago. He probably thinks that only pussies drink water during practice, too.

He did say this. I think he was emphasizing the point that once the play has started you need to react quickly and don't waste time thinking about what you should be doing. Or something like that.

Listen to Jerry York's assessment of his team's performance in this video-- and this was when his team was playing .500 hockey. Notice how nothing is varnished, but he accentuates growth and development. And then Brock Bradford demonstrates that he has the same vision.

Jerry York understands that a coach is first and foremost an educator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPpKOSKpXJM

I think you are over analyzing the "you think you stink" quote. The point of that was just that you should know your responsibilities so well that your reactions would be 2nd nature on defense, so you don't have to think - just react. Now the quotes from the past few days are another story...
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm

They need to fire Spaziani right now. Not only that, but they should drop football. Its really the only thing that will satisfy everybody.
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Tranquill has to fucking go. Bc needs to take a play out of the Bucs playbook and can this worthless piece of shit. Im in the same boat as alot of you, I feel nothing for this Saturday, and Im usually amped by Thursday fo gameday.

Turn the ship over to Day now, I feel sick.

:gun :gun :ginger :gun
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Who coaches our Pirate Sailing Team?

That's the ticket.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:That Tech article referencing Tranquill is downright disturbing. Is this some sort of Groundhog Day for us? Nemo had a similar record of past failures as an OC in college and the pros yet that fuck-face :toby saw fit to hire him and keep him employed. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

His wife made great gravy, homemade gnocchi and tiramisu.

Geronimo--How stupid cna you be?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:47 pm

From Conroy's Blog at the Herald:
"Tempers flared briefly between the offensive and defensive lines during practice. We’ll find out on Saturday whether it’s a good sign or not…."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:50 pm

fuck legrande is out saturday.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:From Conroy's Blog at the Herald:
"Tempers flared briefly between the offensive and defensive lines during practice. We’ll find out on Saturday whether it’s a good sign or not…."

This is not a good sign.

Edit: Unless it started because the Oline was taking the Dline to school. If it was the other way around, it tells me teaching isn't going well and the students are getting frustrated.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Lots and lots of infighting going on... OLine feels like they are being blamed inappropriately... D feeling like they not only have to pitch a shutout, but have to score too... Shinskie showing his leadership skills by throwing the OLine and RBs under the bus...

This will not end well. Spaz will make Andre Ware look like fucking Nostradamus.

Where the hell did you read this? Not f-ing true. Everything I hear is positiv coming out of BC. They feel like they were not on the same page last week but things have been fixed in practice.

I actually was over there yesterday and was invited to watch the practice. I have to tell you the boys are fired up. They feel like everyone is doubting them and that they have a lot to prove. There was a lot of hooting and hollaring going on all practice. They can't wait to get out there on Saturday! I think we're in for a treat. Also talking to one of the GA I was told the the coaches have a couple surprises up their sleves, then he said "just get ready for a show." Any way, seemed like they are ready to go. I'm going to go to the walk through today so I'll have a better insight after that. usually those are more low key but after what I saw yesterday it could be high energy. In almost 10 years of watching practices this was top ten most fired up I've seen the kids.

GO EAGELS!!! :angrychicken :screamyeagle :angrychicken :screamyeagle :angrychicken
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 am

h2o {l Wrote}:

This is not a good sign.

Edit: Unless it started because the Oline was taking the Dline to school. If it was the other way around, it tells me teaching isn't going well and the students are getting frustrated.

And this did happen but I'll tell you what that isn't a bad thing. I've seen it happen before and it usually is just because both sides are fired up and emotional. Infact before the VTECh game a couple years ago this happened also before the Miami game that we almost won when we threw the INT driving to win, this same thing happened. It's generally not a bad thing.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Lots and lots of infighting going on... OLine feels like they are being blamed inappropriately... D feeling like they not only have to pitch a shutout, but have to score too... Shinskie showing his leadership skills by throwing the OLine and RBs under the bus...

This will not end well. Spaz will make Andre Ware look like fucking Nostradamus.

Where the hell did you read this? Not f-ing true. Everything I hear is positiv coming out of BC. They feel like they were not on the same page last week but things have been fixed in practice.

I actually was over there yesterday and was invited to watch the practice. I have to tell you the boys are fired up. They feel like everyone is doubting them and that they have a lot to prove. There was a lot of hooting and hollaring going on all practice. They can't wait to get out there on Saturday! I think we're in for a treat. Also talking to one of the GA I was told the the coaches have a couple surprises up their sleves, then he said "just get ready for a show." Any way, seemed like they are ready to go. I'm going to go to the walk through today so I'll have a better insight after that. usually those are more low key but after what I saw yesterday it could be high energy. In almost 10 years of watching practices this was top ten most fired up I've seen the kids.

GO EAGELS!!! :angrychicken :screamyeagle :angrychicken :screamyeagle :angrychicken

How did you get invited to the practice and what can you tell us about above mentioned spat between lines? I would just like you to confirm that you were not brought in my Gayry to fill prescriptions or drop off another bag of depends...
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:02 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

This is not a good sign.

And this did happen but I'll tell you what that isn't a bad thing. I've seen it happen before and it usually is just because both sides are fired up and emotional. Infact before the VTECh game a couple years ago this happened also before the Miami game that we almost won when we threw the INT driving to win, this same thing happened. It's generally not a bad thing.

You seem to indicate you witnessed this dust up and others in years past. So you must attend all BC practices? Please give us a blow-by-blow of the most recent skirmish.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:10 am

h2o {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

This is not a good sign.

You seem to indicate you witnessed this dust up and others in years past. So you must attend all BC practices? Please give us a blow-by-blow of the most recent skirmish.

It'd true that this does happen a lot. The confusing part is normally media isn't at practices except for the warm up drills, so I'm not sure how Conroy knows about this... the first 2-3 stations, and normally the d and o aren't going against each other until the middle stations... 8-10ish. When I was a student I was a student-manager and I'd say these "fights" happen once every couple of weeks. About once every 2 months there'd be a real fight, which was always fun to see :toby deal with. 95% of the time, Gos was one of the guilty parties.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:16 am

My freshman year was 1999 my Work-study job was that I did all the video work for the team. We videoed practices and games then but the footage in to a system for the coaches to review with the players. So for four years of school 99-03 I watched every single practice from the beginning of Summer two a days to the end of spring practice. I also went to all the road games and bowl games including Insight.com, Hawaii, Music City and Motor city. After I graduated I have stayed very close to the team. I work for a video production company who makes the recruiting video, we did all the videos in the Kiosks of the Museum, also some of the videos on the Jumbo-tron. Because of this I am over there very often and also travel with the team still. I have lot of friends in the program and the reason I defend GD so much is I happen to know him personally and am friends with his daughter. I've never felt the need to divulge exactly how close I am with the team but now I think is the time.

Most of the dust ups I witnessed while watching the practices through the years were basically at the end of a play there is some extra pushing and shoving that goes on, this builds up and eventually it gets a little more physical. It happens more often then you think, when the press is there it gets turned into a big deal. Other times it happens when the OL-DL do 1on1s. This is basically when they put a tkling dummy behind an OLman and the DLman tries to get by him to sack the tkling dummy. This gets very heated because you can easily show someone up if you make them look silly by dominating them.
This past dust-up was merely a result of pushing and shoving happening through out practice. Not that big of a deal. It means the kids are fired up and ready to play a real game. Sometimes practices are kind of a cock-tease especially after a devastating lose. They want to hit some one for real and when they can't they hold in this emotion that just gets realized eventually. Trust me you would rather them have a dust up then be flat in practice. That is when we really have to worry.
:screamyeagle :screamyeagle

You can take this or leave it but it's my opinion. We will be ok. We may not play in the ACC Championship game this year but we won't lose more than 3 games. We'll be fine.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:17 am

eagle1331 {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

This is not a good sign.

It'd true that this does happen a lot. The confusing part is normally media isn't at practices except for the warm up drills, so I'm not sure how Conroy knows about this... the first 2-3 stations, and normally the d and o aren't going against each other until the middle stations... 8-10ish. When I was a student I was a student-manager and I'd say these "fights" happen once every couple of weeks. About once every 2 months there'd be a real fight, which was always fun to see :toby deal with. 95% of the time, Gos was one of the guilty parties.

You are 100% right... I don't know why the media was there. Usually they are only there part of the time and they do everything they can to make sure they don't seee this stuff.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 am

campion {l Wrote}:NorthEnd Eagle is very important. That's what this thread has taught me, anyway.

On another note, I wonder if NorthEndEagle knows Father Barrett? He lives in the north end, too. But maybe NorthEndEagle doesn't refer to the North End of Boston; maybe he lives in the north end zone.

And i am refering to the North End of Boston.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 am

h2o {l Wrote}:

This is not a good sign.

Tempers should be flaring after the Clemson game. This happens all the time. Not a big deal at all.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:24 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:

This is not a good sign.

Tempers should be flaring after the Clemson game. This happens all the time. Not a big deal at all.

You are right my friend!!! :cheer :cheer
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:30 am

72-73-74 Oakland A's --lots of dissension and fights.

77-78 Yankees...

Gas House Gang..

The only Dynasties where dissension was not allowed is where you had a dominator as Head Coach who wasn't a drunk.

Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Bill Cowher, Tony La Russa, Tom "the Disciplinarian" O'Brien

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:47 am

I would like to thank NorthEndEagle for giving me a glimmer of hope for this game.

Go Eagles!

:screamyeagle
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:54 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:My freshman year was 1999 my Work-study job was that I did all the video work for the team. We videoed practices and games then but the footage in to a system for the coaches to review with the players. So for four years of school 99-03 I watched every single practice from the beginning of Summer two a days to the end of spring practice. I also went to all the road games and bowl games including Insight.com, Hawaii, Music City and Motor city. After I graduated I have stayed very close to the team. I work for a video production company who makes the recruiting video, we did all the videos in the Kiosks of the Museum, also some of the videos on the Jumbo-tron. Because of this I am over there very often and also travel with the team still. I have lot of friends in the program and the reason I defend GD so much is I happen to know him personally and am friends with his daughter. I've never felt the need to divulge exactly how close I am with the team but now I think is the time.

Most of the dust ups I witnessed while watching the practices through the years were basically at the end of a play there is some extra pushing and shoving that goes on, this builds up and eventually it gets a little more physical. It happens more often then you think, when the press is there it gets turned into a big deal. Other times it happens when the OL-DL do 1on1s. This is basically when they put a tkling dummy behind an OLman and the DLman tries to get by him to sack the tkling dummy. This gets very heated because you can easily show someone up if you make them look silly by dominating them.
This past dust-up was merely a result of pushing and shoving happening through out practice. Not that big of a deal. It means the kids are fired up and ready to play a real game. Sometimes practices are kind of a cock-tease especially after a devastating lose. They want to hit some one for real and when they can't they hold in this emotion that just gets realized eventually. Trust me you would rather them have a dust up then be flat in practice. That is when we really have to worry.

You can take this or leave it but it's my opinion. We will be ok. We may not play in the ACC Championship game this year but we won't lose more than 3 games. We'll be fine.

Although i disagree with your take on GDF (i don't care for him whatsoever but deepdown even i'll admit he prob does mean well), I am interested to hear your opinion on :tranq. i'm not concerned about :spaz2 as a coach (yet) but i'm interested in what you think of :tranq based on having a little more access than most of us. is he capable and competent to fix the OL mess? why did he muck with our OL when it was one of the few non-question marks? if your interaction with him is minimal or you have no info than what is available via the press, then do not feel compelled to comment.

also, what have you seen of shinskie in practice? is he progressing?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 am

I'll be honest... I have heard recently that some of the players have taken on an us-against-the-world mentality. However, that is being internally generated (no help from the staff).

While I hope NEE is correct, I have to ask... WHY THE EFF WEREN"T WE THIS AMPED TO PLAY CLEMSON???? Seriously. Why wasn't the team this excited to play our big conference rival in one college's truly best venues? With the coming gauntlet of FSU, VT, NCS and ND (Ok... it's not really a gauntlet, but it is the toughest stretch of the season), the team is in a must-win situation this week and need the same focus for each of the following games.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:08 am

Tomorrow's game is HUGE for this team and Spaz. If they come out and play like they did last week, the season is over and Spaz better be thinking about his job security. Gene as well. Tranq better get a good night's sleep because he needs to show me something.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am

As long as Leahy is president Gene is safe. All our teams could go 0 for their seasons and Leahy wouldn't care. He would just have a pepsi and a smile.
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 am

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:As long as Leahy is president Gene is safe. All our teams could go 0 for their seasons and Leahy wouldn't care. He would just have a pepsi and a smile.

Agreed. Gene's job is safe so long as there isn't some sort of a major scandal. The only thing you have to hope for is that alumni give Gene crap on his little meet-and-greets. Gene is all about pride and reputation and if he feels that people generally consider him incapable of ever making a good hire, you may actually see him do it.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I'll be honest... I have heard recently that some of the players have taken on an us-against-the-world mentality. However, that is being internally generated (no help from the staff).

While I hope NEE is correct, I have to ask... WHY THE EFF WEREN"T WE THIS AMPED TO PLAY CLEMSON???? Seriously. Why wasn't the team this excited to play our big conference rival in one college's truly best venues? With the coming gauntlet of FSU, VT, NCS and ND (Ok... it's not really a gauntlet, but it is the toughest stretch of the season), the team is in a must-win situation this week and need the same focus for each of the following games.

I'm not sure maybe because they thought it would be easy. They rolled over to easy opponents, sometimes you have to be challenged to excell. Also the D certainly wasn't flat. They were amped from the begining. I think you'll see a different team this week. At least I hope I'm right, and I think I am certainly looked that way yesterday.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:27 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:My freshman year was 1999 my Work-study job was that I did all the video work for the team. We videoed practices and games then but the footage in to a system for the coaches to review with the players. So for four years of school 99-03 I watched every single practice from the beginning of Summer two a days to the end of spring practice. I also went to all the road games and bowl games including Insight.com, Hawaii, Music City and Motor city. After I graduated I have stayed very close to the team. I work for a video production company who makes the recruiting video, we did all the videos in the Kiosks of the Museum, also some of the videos on the Jumbo-tron. Because of this I am over there very often and also travel with the team still. I have lot of friends in the program and the reason I defend GD so much is I happen to know him personally and am friends with his daughter. I've never felt the need to divulge exactly how close I am with the team but now I think is the time.

Although i disagree with your take on GDF (i don't care for him whatsoever but deepdown even i'll admit he prob does mean well), I am interested to hear your opinion on :tranq. i'm not concerned about :spaz2 as a coach (yet) but i'm interested in what you think of :tranq based on having a little more access than most of us. is he capable and competent to fix the OL mess? why did he muck with our OL when it was one of the few non-question marks? if your interaction with him is minimal or you have no info than what is available via the press, then do not feel compelled to comment.

also, what have you seen of shinskie in practice? is he progressing?

I have to be honest with you, I have never talked to :tranq and am not sure yet how I feel about him. He is generally liked around the program, but I don't believe he is here long term. I think the OC is Day's job. Tranq may just be a transition.
As far as Spaz goes I like him a lot. I think a lot of the past success was because of him. From what I hear he is a good recruiter. I know some of you will not believe me when I say this but according to a certain defensive coach currently with the team, Jags wanted nothing to do with recruiting at all. Spaz really did most of it and enjoys it. His players like him too. I think he'll prove to be a good coach. Let's let that play out.

But I can't comment on Tranq. Sorry
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'll be honest... I have heard recently that some of the players have taken on an us-against-the-world mentality. However, that is being internally generated (no help from the staff).

I'm not sure maybe because they thought it would be easy. They rolled over to easy opponents, sometimes you have to be challenged to excell. Also the D certainly wasn't flat. They were amped from the begining. I think you'll see a different team this week. At least I hope I'm right, and I think I am certainly looked that way yesterday.

Perhaps your right. There were all the talk around the Kent State game about how Spaz demanded that no one watch the Clemson-GTech game. Maybe no one ever did. That would be the only reason anyone would ever think that Clemson would be a push-over. In that game, especially in the second half, the Clemson D showed that last Saturday was not a fluke. Anyone who saw that game would have been well aware that Clemson's front 7 were going to be a handful.

BTW, go back and read an article in the Herald the week of the KSU game called something like "Straight talk from the Line" or something like that. In there, Tennant talks about how no one really understands the blocking schemes and expressed significant worry how they would hold up against Kent State. I didn't read the article then (or I didn't think anything of it at the time), but after Clemson, I think it's clear that Tranq's late-Summer decision to scrap the OLine schemes and go exclusively man-blocking has come at a significant expense to the OLine, RBs and entire BC offense.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium