Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 am

Lots and lots of infighting going on... OLine feels like they are being blamed inappropriately... D feeling like they not only have to pitch a shutout, but have to score too... Shinskie showing his leadership skills by throwing the OLine and RBs under the bus...

This will not end well. Spaz will make Andre Ware look like fucking Nostradamus.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Postby eagle1331 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:30 am

I just came to post a thread about the same thing. Read this quote on the Globe article. Think Blaud misinterpreted the discussion (nothing new...):

Yesterday, Shinskie was talking about how the running game needed to improve to make the passing game work better, prompting center Matt Tennant to jokingly respond, “Freshmen.’’

Tennant then explained to Shinskie that the running game would improve if the passing game showed any signs of life.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 am

Tennant ought to STFU and block somebody.

Over under on how many plays until Shinskie gets dead if he starts behing that O-Line Saturday - 3.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:33 am

I was at a bar in Boston last night and I was talking with this girl. Never met her before. Pretty cute. It comes up that I went to BC.

"Do you go to the football games?" she asked.

"Yes." I said. "But they are terrible this year. BC hired the wrong coach. Did you go to BC?"

"No." she replied. "But the athletic director, Gene DeFilippo is a close family friend."

"Oh."

Conversation over.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:36 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I was at a bar in Boston last night and I was talking with this girl. Never met her before. Pretty cute. It comes up that I went to BC.

"Yes." I said. "But they are terrible this year. BC hired the wrong coach. Did you go to BC?"

"No." she replied. "But the athletic director, Gene DeFilippo is a close family friend."

"Oh."

Conversation over.

Nice work. You could have salvaged that though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 am

Saw those quotes this morning from Tennant and Shinskie as well. Disturbing quotes in the papers from the head coach and now players. Thay all should take a good power nap and come out ready to practice this afternoon.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 am

Scary how quickly Spaz has turned this into such a mess. I dont like the quotes coming from Spaz or the players. And this QB carosel is a nightmare. Go with Tuggle and call the right plays. This blows. Never been less excited for a game than for this weekend.
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:43 am

Maybe that's Shinskie's way of sticking up for Tuggle? I don't know, that's a stretch.

:gun
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Tennant ought to STFU and block somebody.

Over under on how many plays until Shinskie gets dead if he starts behing that O-Line Saturday - 3.

Umm... Tennant did the right thing. He defended his Oline mates and RBs. They were the ones who were attacked by the 25-year-old QB whose main attributes were supposed to be maturity and leadership.

Look... this is what happens when you have a weak head coach. He is the one who went down this road. 3 of the OLinemen were scheduled to be playing on Sunday before Tranq came in and ruined them in a few short months. They were not AT ALL prepared for Clemson. As a result, they were completely destroyed and embarassed on a nationwide internet feed. Afterwards, the coaching staff did nothing to alleviate the pressure on them... but, turned them into scapegoats (along with Tuggle)... to hide their own significant failings.

Everyone wants to believe things are better than they are... when really they are worse... and will continue to get worse for YEARS to come.

A heartfelt thank you GDF, Spaz, Tranq and the Merrymen.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:49 am

You can't call out 2 kids that did a great job as Freshman when you, a 25-year-old sorry case for a freshman, botched the majority of snaps you had last week. Spaz needs to take some pills for depression or at least pretend to not be emotionally ruined to the media and Shinskie needs to stop being a 5 year old.

Although the line sucked last week, Tennant is right here. There wouldn't be 8-9 guys in the box if the QBs were any threat to actually hit a receiver.

Unfortunately, "any threat to actually hit a receiver" in this case is means hit a receiver more often then they hit the ground + they put the ball on the ground + they hit the defender.

eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:49 am

As always, the team takes on the personality of the head coach. Has anyone mentioned that we're screwed?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 am

Like I said, do your job first. Then talk. It had nothing to do with 8-9 in the box, the line was blocking air. One might point out that QBs might be able to loosen defenses if they don't have to run for their fucking lives two seconds after the ball is snapped.

And yes, Shinskie should STFU as well.

HJS, I didn't hear the coaching staff throw the O-Line under the bus once. Tuggle has been their main scapegoat.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I was at a bar in Boston last night and I was talking with this girl. Never met her before. Pretty cute. It comes up that I went to BC.

"Oh."

Conversation over.

Nice work. You could have salvaged that though.

Should have slipped her the ol Chapter 7
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 am

What a giant clusterfuck.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:59 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle1331 {l Wrote}:
Unfortunately, "any threat to actually hit a receiver" in this case is means hit a receiver more often then they hit the ground + they put the ball on the ground + they hit the defender.

this reminds me of another bit from the "spaz is a sawks fan and wears a bc gucci track suit" piece during the weather delay. they showed "former qb frank spaziani" joking with his players with a quip to the whole qb group "you guys know you need to get it their on the fly, without hitting the ground"

that's the way to build up a position of weakness... don't use your historical experience and guidance - just tear them down instead.

granted, i know this is one moment from months worth of moments with the team... but that struck me as a little raw.

ps - spaz stinks

I thought :spaz only played quarterback in high school and moved to defensive end in college.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am

campion {l Wrote}:The press should never be given access to these kids. Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichik have the right idea. Nothing good comes from having these guys quoted in the press or on TV. Its either neutral or its bad. Its never good.

I agree to some extent, but BC players, for the most part, are very well spoken and that can be a positive.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BOSTONCOLLEGE on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:07 am

I need a scholly to link camp. Do you guys remember a running back by the name of Tommy Edwards from Virginia Tech who played in the early 90's? He suffered from mental illness and addiction. Read the second paragraph under "Last Year At Virginia Tech." I'm so happy that Spaz hired Tranquill.

http://www.techsideline.com/news_archiv ... e-3630.php
BOSTONCOLLEGE
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:13 am

BOSTONCOLLEGE {l Wrote}:I need a scholly to link camp. Do you guys remember a running back by the name of Tommy Edwards from Virginia Tech who played in the early 90's? He suffered from mental illness and addiction. Read the second paragraph under "Last Year At Virginia Tech." I'm so happy that Spaz hired Tranquill.

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

BOSTONCOLLEGE {l Wrote}:I need a scholly to link camp. Do you guys remember a running back by the name of Tommy Edwards from Virginia Tech who played in the early 90's? He suffered from mental illness and addiction. Read the second paragraph under "Last Year At Virginia Tech." I'm so happy that Spaz hired Tranquill.

wow, from that article for the lazy: "In addition, the Hokies had a change of offensive coordinators, going from Rickey Bustle, who had orchestrated the high-scoring 1993 Hokie offense, to Gary Tranquill, who disrupted everything from strategy to play calling to team chemistry. Tranquill's regime at Tech was short (one year) and unsuccessful, and according to Edwards, it negatively impacted the players he coached, to say the least."(emphasis added)
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 am

Man it is a good thing I added this: :gun

Feel free to post up some more related smilies.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:32 am

It's amazing how much our negative impressions of Nyquill from the hire have reimurged in the last week.

Except this time, with proof from the product on the field, quotes off the field, and more uncovered history
Last edited by eagle1331 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Man it is a good thing I added this: :gun

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:39 am

talon {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:Man it is a good thing I added this: :gun

Not sure how to upload smileys that way... just the attachments...
Attachments
banghead.gif
banghead.gif (914 Bytes) Viewed 11987 times
head.gif
head.gif (153.67 KiB) Viewed 11987 times
t1.gif
t1.gif (5 KiB) Viewed 11987 times
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:42 am

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 am

talon {l Wrote}:Image

definitely going to need this one!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:45 am

hilarious.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 am

talon {l Wrote}:Image

Well done.

Just to note, some of them will appear on the "View more smilies" page which is at the bottom of all the smilies.

We really should organize these better....so you don't have to scroll for 5 min to find the post button.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 am

Most famous quote from Spaz as D/C:

"If you think, you stink"
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 am

campion {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Most famous quote from Spaz as D/C:

"If you think, you stink"

Did he really say that? Is it published somewhere? That's amazing. Contrast that statement with Jerry York, who I know has worked closely with teacher ed people in the EdSchool to keep up to date on the latest research in performance assessment and ongoing assessment, and how to teach his players to assess their own performance.

If this is true, it is more evidence that the state of best practices in coaching left Spaz behind some years ago. He probably thinks that only pussies drink water during practice, too.

He did say this. I think he was emphasizing the point that once the play has started you need to react quickly and don't waste time thinking about what you should be doing. Or something like that.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}: Spaz will make Andre Ware look like fucking Nostradamus.

Andre read my Season Prediction and then used it.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium