Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Dissension Amongst the Ranks

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 am

Again, as long as Thomas Claiborne does anything resembling what happened at Clemson, I still vote his scholarship gets revoked.

Although true, we're going to beat Wake, convincingly. :angrychicken
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:35 am

I BC scrapped the zone blocking, they scrapped the scrapping. They ran several zone blocking plays (especially the Indy stretch play) in the first two games. There has been a large percentage of man plays, with pulling guards (they even ran the counter-trey a few times) but there are some zone plays mixed in (in fact, Tuggle ran one or two spread option plays last week).
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:46 am

I'm not sure maybe because they thought it would be easy. They rolled over to easy opponents, sometimes you have to be challenged to excell. Also the D certainly wasn't flat. They were amped from the begining. I think you'll see a different team this week. At least I hope I'm right, and I think I am certainly looked that way yesterday.

Perhaps your right. There were all the talk around the Kent State game about how Spaz demanded that no one watch the Clemson-GTech game. Maybe no one ever did. That would be the only reason anyone would ever think that Clemson would be a push-over. In that game, especially in the second half, the Clemson D showed that last Saturday was not a fluke. Anyone who saw that game would have been well aware that Clemson's front 7 were going to be a handful.

BTW, go back and read an article in the Herald the week of the KSU game called something like "Straight talk from the Line" or something like that. In there, Tennant talks about how no one really understands the blocking schemes and expressed significant worry how they would hold up against Kent State. I didn't read the article then (or I didn't think anything of it at the time), but after Clemson, I think it's clear that Tranq's late-Summer decision to scrap the OLine schemes and go exclusively man-blocking has come at a significant expense to the OLine, RBs and entire BC offense.[/quote]

I do think changed the whole scheme was a mistake, but perhaps he had a reason. It may just take a couple games to work it's self out and in the long run it may be better. Or Perhaps Tranq didn't understand Zone blocking very well so he went back to something he was comfortable with. I don't know why he switched things but I hope it works out.
Look at it this way, even Tiger changes his swing every now and again. When he does he struggles a little but he always comes back better.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:26 am

If they line up with nearly as much space between them this week as they did last week, it doesn't matter what scheme they are using.

I vote for the approach the line holding hands out of the huddle method. Keep demoralizing them but force them to stay closer.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:59 am

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:I do think changed the whole scheme was a mistake, but perhaps he had a reason. It may just take a couple games to work it's self out and in the long run it may be better. Or Perhaps Tranq didn't understand Zone blocking very well so he went back to something he was comfortable with.I don't know why he switched things but I hope it works out.
Look at it this way, even Tiger changes his swing every now and again. When he does he struggles a little but he always comes back better.

Well... Tranq's familiarity is obviously the only reason. And, it speaks to his long-perceived inadequacies as an OC... he is thoroughly incapable of catering to his talent. BigPete's round peg-square whole rant from last Saturday remains spot-on. Tranq ain't qualified to pour Logan a glass of Boones.

Will BC be better off in the long run for moving away from ZBS? Maybe, but they sure as hell ain't better off this year by scrapping the old regime in a few months.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:42 pm

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:As long as Leahy is president Gene is safe. All our teams could go 0 for their seasons and Leahy wouldn't care. He would just have a pepsi and a smile.

Leahy-Hoo is a twinkie.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:I do think changed the whole scheme was a mistake, but perhaps he had a reason. It may just take a couple games to work it's self out and in the long run it may be better. Or Perhaps Tranq didn't understand Zone blocking very well so he went back to something he was comfortable with.I don't know why he switched things but I hope it works out.

Well... Tranq's familiarity is obviously the only reason. And, it speaks to his long-perceived inadequacies as an OC... he is thoroughly incapable of catering to his talent. BigPete's round peg-square whole rant from last Saturday remains spot-on. Tranq ain't qualified to pour Logan a glass of Boones.

Will BC be better off in the long run for moving away from ZBS? Maybe, but they sure as hell ain't better off this year by scrapping the old regime in a few months.

Dude, that was my round peg square hole rant. Jerk.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Rumblings and it is worse than I thought

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm
THEY WEREN'T DEALT A BAD SHIT. A fucking 6 year old that plays Madden could coach this talent to 7-8 wins. Is the team young? Yeah. So fucking what. It's also extremely talented.

When they stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole on offense, they might wake the fuck up and realize a square god damn peg ain't so bad after all. Until then, fuck Spaz for wasting talent.

twballgame9
McGuinn Hall

* Private message
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Why are you guys so down on Topo Gigio?

He knows when to punt and suck like a bitch down 3 scores.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Re: Rumblings and it is worse than I thought

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm
THEY WEREN'T DEALT A BAD SHIT. A fucking 6 year old that plays Madden could coach this talent to 7-8 wins. Is the team young? Yeah. So fucking what. It's also extremely talented.

When they stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole on offense, they might wake the fuck up and realize a square god damn peg ain't so bad after all. Until then, fuck Spaz for wasting talent.

twballgame9
McGuinn Hall

* Private message

truer words have never been spoken.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Good ole Teddy... always trying to take credit for others' work... after all, what is plagarism but an omitted cite?

This reminds me of the time that OnyxBlackman tried to pretend that he wasn't b0mberman.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 pm

My apologies to Big Pete Enterprises if he used the square peg thing first. I didn't see it. Until I see evidence of prior use

STOP INFRINGING MY PROPERTAY! (TM BIG PETE ENTERPRISES AND SOUTH PARK).
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i recently heard that after football practice, northbeacon went to the plex and dunked on josh southern

Look I'm not trying to make things up.. Just telling you what I know.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i recently heard that after football practice, northbeacon went to the plex and dunked on josh southern

Look I'm not trying to make things up.. Just telling you what I know.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium