Trying to remember a time I was less excited for game day...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Trying to remember a time I was less excited for game day...

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:06 am

It might have been the Boise Bowl.

I'm usually amped by Thursday. Not this week.

Thank you Coach Flip.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: Trying to remember a time I was less excited for game day...

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 am

For me... the two other times I completely lost all excitement was (1) every game under Henning after the Army disaster and (2) every game under Toby after the VT debacle.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby barstoolbcfan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 am

oh boo fucking hoo.
HOW COOL IS THIS!?!!!
barstoolbcfan
n00b

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:It might have been the Boise Bowl.

I'm usually amped by Thursday. Not this week.

Thank you Coach Flip.

I don't remember the last timne i've been this angry for game day. normally, breaking shit is spontaneous... i'm so ready for :tranq to lay another egg that i've already lined up shit to be broken. this year's team had an outside shot at winning the division regardless of what the media said and the cookie eating, nap taking, POS :tranq has ruined that. i effing hate that guy. in one season, he has managed to destoy oline U. disgraciad.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:15 am

I'm still excited.

McLaughlin's coming back

Our defense knows they have to win this game singlehandedly. That's gotta be worth watching.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:15 am

The only game I was ambivalent about was Vandy. You look at the old threads on EI (if Zander hasn't deleted them yet) we were all confident and then got our asses handed to us, tough to get up for Vandy @Vandy.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 am

campion {l Wrote}:I always look forward to the next BC game, no matter what. There is only one BC athletic event that I ever attended with a feeling of dread. The Notre Dame game the week the gambling scandal broke. I literally felt nauseous, and had to force myself to go in order to support the 80+ kids on the team that WEREN'T involved in any bad shit. And the sky on that late October afternoon looked like the end of the world. Very wierd day.

:toby to the rescue!
Attachments
dark_day.JPG
dark_day.JPG (77.18 KiB) Viewed 16456 times
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 am

talon {l Wrote}:I'm still excited.

McLaughlin's coming back

Our defense knows they have to win this game singlehandedly. That's gotta be worth watching.

Is there anyway for one of you tech savvy guys to do TRE a solid and delete the first 2 minutes of that clip?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:I'm still excited.

McLaughlin's coming back

Is there anyway for one of you tech savvy guys to do TRE a solid and delete the first 2 minutes of that clip?

i can't stream video from here, so i'm not sure how your trying to make fun of me.

are you getting excited for the dance at bosco tomorrow night?

Don't worry. Everything after the 2 minute mark has been running through your head for the past 3 years. :cheer
:ginger
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:35 am

"It's really pretty unique. You are really out there on an island ... with TRE and drinks with umbrellas and grass skirts."
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 am

campion {l Wrote}:I always look forward to the next BC game, no matter what. There is only one BC athletic event that I ever attended with a feeling of dread. The Notre Dame game the week the gambling scandal broke. I literally felt nauseous, and had to force myself to go in order to support the 80+ kids on the team that WEREN'T involved in any bad shit. And the sky on that late October afternoon looked like the end of the world. Very wierd day.

I'll still go to support the kids. It's difficult to get excited when the coaches don't believe in themselves or the players.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 am

cry me a river
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I'll still go to support the kids. It's difficult to get excited when the coaches don't believe in themselves or the players.

Agreed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:49 am

What makes this so painful is that it is game four in year one. Knowing that we have at least two or three more years of this has me crying on the inside.

Henning games were all miserable after the Army game. If BC stinks it up again this week, I will be at that level. I'm already pretty close, but I would say I'm currently at the UNC 2005 level.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 am

I'll still be excited come gameday. Games like the Clemson massacre just make me too angry to watch any other games though. So last week I missed the Washington upset. Thanks a lot, :spaz3 !
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:47 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I'll still be excited come gameday. Games like the Clemson massacre just make me too angry to watch any other games though. So last week I missed the Washington upset. Thanks a lot, :spaz3 !

Agreed, most fall saturdays, wake up, instruct my wife to occupy herself elsewhere, plant on couch, expect to not move for a solid 10 hours or so, but then a game like last saturdays makes me want to turn the tv off and go outside or something.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am

The Spaz3 icon looks like Luigi when you're posting, but then it turns into Mario. Stop meddling, Gene!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:55 am

I'm not really sure whats going on in this picture but it seemed appropriate sort of

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 am

Agreed, most fall saturdays, wake up, instruct my wife to occupy herself elsewhere, plant on couch, expect to not move for a solid 10 hours or so...

Eagle9903 has the most understanding wife in the entire world.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angryty on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Most football Saturdays at the Angry Ty Estate involve a retreat to the home theatre room where the game is dialed up on the old sattellite dish or, as of this year, streamed through the laptop onto the big screen. Ty Jr. is allowed to join me just before kickoff, usually with an admonishment from wifey to eliminate the dropping of F-bombs, lest she receive more complaints from the boy's nursery school about his language. This week, the wife can leave the boy in my custody without fear of him hearing a single curse, as I have absolutely zero hope for the team as long as Spaz is the coach. Without hope, there can be no passion and without passion there can be no anger.

Thanks Coach Flip.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:58 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:Most football Saturdays at the Angry Ty Estate involve a retreat to the home theatre room where the game is dialed up on the old sattellite dish or, as of this year, streamed through the laptop onto the big screen. Ty Jr. is allowed to join me just before kickoff, usually with an admonishment from wifey to eliminate the dropping of F-bombs, lest she receive more complaints from the boy's nursery school about his language. This week, the wife can leave the boy in my custody without fear of him hearing a single curse, as I have absolutely zero hope for the team as long as Spaz is the coach. Without hope, there can be no passion and without passion there can be no anger.

Thanks Coach Flip.

You were right to focus on your golf game this fall. What's your handicap sitting at?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Anyone who is that down on them, should not go to the games. Gear up for for the Pat's, or try to chit chat with Citizen Jagodzinski on your home computer. I'm sure he'll be home too, waiting for Jerry Jones to offer up the Cowboys job. As for the rest of us, we will miss you as we guzzle cocktails and stare at hot ass all day long. BC lived through the dark final years of the Jack Bicknell era, a losing season under Tom Coughlin, the gambling "scandal", and Tom OBrien, not only a most overrated coach, but also one of the biggest jerks ever to come around here. And I like to complain as much as anybody about bad football and stupid coaches. Yea, the QB's suck, and Spaziani is no Tom Coughlin, but after one freakin game?? On the other hand, if they lose to Wake Forest.... Lord have mercy on the souls of the GDF and Spaziani families.
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:48 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Anyone who is that down on them, should not go to the games. Gear up for for the Pat's, or try to chit chat with Citizen Jagodzinski on your home computer. I'm sure he'll be home too, waiting for Jerry Jones to offer up the Cowboys job. As for the rest of us, we will miss you as we guzzle cocktails and stare at hot ass all day long. BC lived through the dark final years of the Jack Bicknell era, a losing season under Tom Coughlin, the gambling "scandal", and Tom OBrien, not only a most overrated coach, but also one of the biggest jerks ever to come around here. And I like to complain as much as anybody about bad football and stupid coaches. Yea, the QB's suck, and Spaziani is no Tom Coughlin, but after one freakin game?? On the other hand, if they lose to Wake Forest.... Lord have mercy on the souls of the GDF and Spaziani families.

What did you see on Saturday that gives you so much optimism?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:49 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:Anyone who is that down on them, should not go to the games. Gear up for for the Pat's, or try to chit chat with Citizen Jagodzinski on your home computer. I'm sure he'll be home too, waiting for Jerry Jones to offer up the Cowboys job. As for the rest of us, we will miss you as we guzzle cocktails and stare at hot ass all day long. BC lived through the dark final years of the Jack Bicknell era, a losing season under Tom Coughlin, the gambling "scandal", and Tom OBrien, not only a most overrated coach, but also one of the biggest jerks ever to come around here. And I like to complain as much as anybody about bad football and stupid coaches. Yea, the QB's suck, and Spaziani is no Tom Coughlin, but after one freakin game?? On the other hand, if they lose to Wake Forest.... Lord have mercy on the souls of the GDF and Spaziani families.

If everyone that is down on the coaches doesn't go, there will be -10 fans and you, with 300 whalepants.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesome on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:25 pm

I agree the whalepants are there regardless.

Despite the terrific defense, I'm not too optimistic about this season. However, I lay blame not with GDF or Spaziani, but more with O'Brien & Citizen Jagz for not recruiting(especially at QB) and having immediate wanderlust. Regardless, I dont think you can make program wide observations about Spaziani, the OLine coach, et al after 1 ACC game.
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:26 pm

MrAwesome {l Wrote}:I agree the whalepants are there regardless.

Despite the terrific defense, I'm not too optimistic about this season. However, I lay blame not with GDF or Spaziani, but more with O'Brien & Citizen Jagz for not recruiting(especially at QB) and having immediate wanderlust. Regardless, I dont think you can make program wide observations about Spaziani, the OLine coach, et al after 1 ACC game.

:gun
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby MrAwesome on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Jesus, dont kill yourself, dude
MrAwesome
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:32 pm

sorry, I just hate, hate, hate listening to people repeating the "Jags hated recruiting" bullshit.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

If everyone that is down on the coaches doesn't go, there will be -10 fans and you, with 300 whalepants.

There would be at least 10-14k whalepants there. The young guys in their stupid yellow undershirts who rip the whalepants are the ones who will leave their seats empty. Its the whalepants who are BC's most faithful fans. Not the yellow undershirts.

Campion is right. You yellow shirts have never had to suffer through a bad year. I think the yellow shirts started in around 2002 or so and we have been to a bowl every year since. Try living through the dark years of the 1945 through 1982 when we went to NO bowls and were in no conference so we didn't even have a conference race to get excited about. You yunggins (rhymes with baby rapists, an 81 TM) have no idea of the pain that BC football can inflict on your life and emotions. You are about to find out. Clemson was the tip of the iceberg
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby kimmymd on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Maine. Nuff said.
kimmymd
n00b

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium