Randy Shannon vs. Ty Championham

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Randy Shannon vs. Ty Championham

Postby apbc12 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 am

Who builds more character?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/dave_hyde/09/23/shannon/index.html?eref=sihp

I'm being snarky, but this is a reasonably good, short column. And Randy's actually winning games, something Willingham had trouble with.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Re: Randy Shannon vs. Ty Championham

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Who builds more character?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/dave_hyde/09/23/shannon/index.html?eref=sihp

I'm being snarky, but this is a reasonably good, short column. And Randy's actually winning games, something Willingham had trouble with.

it's hard to root against a coach like that.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 am

Ty Championham can recruit.

All joking aside, he ought to resurface as a coach somewhere.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 am

I remember the Shannon stories came out when he got the job. Bottom line: he's been through some shit. I think he has a brother or half-brother who frequently steals his identity, too, and rings up credit card debt on him every once in a while. But he won't press charges. He's quitely the kind of guy that a lot of college coaches proclaim themselves to be: someone who's willing to give guys from a tough background a chance to make something of themselves. But unlike a guy like Rich Rod, who is only interested in you if you produce on the field and don't do anything too stupid, Shannon actually holds them accountable and expects them to be decent human beings, or you're gone. Never questioned the guy's intentions or morals, I just thought he wasn't going to make it as a coach. Looks like he just needed an OC.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:09 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I remember the Shannon stories came out when he got the job. Bottom line: he's been through some shit. I think he has a brother or half-brother who frequently steals his identity, too, and rings up credit card debt on him every once in a while. But he won't press charges. He's quitely the kind of guy that a lot of college coaches proclaim themselves to be: someone who's willing to give guys from a tough background a chance to make something of themselves. But unlike a guy like Rich Rod, who is only interested in you if you produce on the field and don't do anything too stupid, Shannon actually holds them accountable and expects them to be decent human beings, or you're gone. Never questioned the guy's intentions or morals, I just thought he wasn't going to make it as a coach. Looks like he just needed an OC.

Yup. He's good for Miami and is turning that program around, the right way. I was sure that they'd get impatient and replace him with a Dennis Erickson clone.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:11 am

I will, say, though, that I think it's pretty ridiculous that you have make an rule explicitly stating "no guns."

But I guess that's just Floriday, lawless Pirate Country.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium