More TOB-esque comments?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: More TOB-esque comments?

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I didn't/don't think Gene made a mistake firing Jags, he clearly was not much of a recruiter. It's got to be difficult sitting across from some kid telling him you're going to be his coach for the next four years when you know you are a short timer.

Gene's big mistake was not grabbing an up and coming head coach. Spaz is/was a known quantity, the master of the 10-12 yard cushion. I can't get pissed off at his comments because, you had to know this is what we were getting.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

I give you guys a lot of credit. It is only 3 games into the season and you all have come around to my dire predictions regarding Spaz as a head coach and unadulterated hatred of GDF for being a failure at everything he's ever done at BC. It took people quite a few YEARS to come around to my stance against Tobias.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:05 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:I didn't/don't think Gene made a mistake firing Jags, he clearly was not much of a recruiter.

:gun
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:I didn't/don't think Gene made a mistake firing Jags, he clearly was not much of a recruiter.

:gun

Stop with the Jags-recruiting meme!! It just serves Gene's spin. You can't say recruiting justified anything when you keep Siravo, promote Spaz, Yano gets hired as LSU's recruiting coordinator, look at our roster that is filled with Jags players and you fire him before he even has a chance to complete his second recruiting class. Gene should thank LaLota, Kuehne, Muldoon and Boyd for not coming to BC as it easier for the Jags recruiting spin to hold.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BigPete on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Agreed 10000000% ATL. Mega shmega dittos there.

If our recruiting was so awful under Jags, and that was the reason he was canned (and not for being taller than the toughest wittle shewwiff in town) then why is our recruiting coordinator still employed?

Face it, Gene leaked to ESPN, Gene is desperate to be a 'football guy,' Gene can't stand being the illegitimate son of Matt Roloff. Zach Roloff would fuck our greasy little AD up in a fierce game of soccer, then beat his ass for fun.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I give you guys a lot of credit. It is only 3 games into the season and you all have come around to my dire predictions regarding Spaz as a head coach and unadulterated hatred of GDF for being a failure at everything he's ever done at BC. It took people quite a few YEARS to come around to my stance against Tobias.

i've talked to GDF on may occasions. he would visit our locker room, the weight room, or etc. back when i was at BC roughly 2-4 times a month. everytime i listened and/or talked to him directly i always came to the conclusion that he was always the fakest piece of shit i've ever met.. he sucks :pickle. i've despised him since the first time i met him. perhaps, i'm biased because he fucked a bunch of non-revenue athletes with Title IX but whatever. he sucks at life.

he's a meddler who even sucks at meddling. how he could let Spaz hire :tranq is beyond me. WTF.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Anybody will have my ultimate respect if they blow up skinners edited picture (with :dildodog ) to a poster size and bring it into Alumni.

As the person holding the trademark to said picture, I fully endorse this. In fact, I will give said poster-holder 2 million virtual dollars.

:tdw
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Can someone that speaks Ital tell me WTF this means? Jesus Christ...

“It looks like it’s indecisive, but it’s not indecisive,” said Spaziani. “We know exactly what we’ve got to do. It’s just not clear. We know how we’ve got to get to the point and when somebody shows us that they’re doing something (then they’ll play)…When somebody separates themselves, then it becomes more decisive for everybody.”…
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Gene can't stand being the illegitimate son of Matt Roloff. Zach Roloff would fuck our greasy little AD up in a fierce game of soccer, then beat his ass for fun.

Heh. Little People, Big World Pete.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Can someone that speaks Ital tell me WTF this means? Jesus Christ...

Let me try, we have to break it down from Spaziani-speak...

“We know exactly what we’ve got to do."

(translated) We know we have got to win to save our asses/jobs.

"It’s just not clear."

(translated) We don't have a fucking clue which one of these 4 guys gives us the best chance at winning since they all suck. Scratch that, we know it won't be Codi because he sucks the worst.

"We know how we’ve got to get to the point and when somebody shows us that they’re doing something (then they’ll play)…"

(translated) In practice during the week, our defense murders the offense. Practice is so lopsided that offensive players are routinely getting hurt, our QBs are getting their fucking ribs broken. As soon as any one of these QBs shows us that he throw a damn TD pass to one of our receivers and NOT to our defensive backs who then run it back for teh old pick-6, they we will know who has shown up and then they'll start for us on Saturday.

"When somebody separates themselves, then it becomes more decisive for everybody.”…

(translated) Every single player on this football team knows that all 4 of our QBs suck. So, the players on this team are not uniformly convinced of exactly who the starting QB should be. The moment one of these jamokes throws a completed TD pass in practice, then everyone on this team will know who the starting QB is. But we haven't gotten to that point yet, and one third of the regular season is over....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:52 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:“We know exactly what we’ve got to do."

(translated) We know we have got to win to save our asses/jobs.

save their jobs? do you really see a scenario in which spaz gets fired this year?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 pm

save their jobs? do you really see a scenario in which spaz gets fired this year?

Well, no. But I didn't see a scenario where Jags gets fired after taking BC to the ACC Championship two years in a row, the only two years he coached the team.

So I guess what I'm saying is, it wouldn't surprise me if Spaz's job is in jeapordy.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Spaz is unfireable.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby h2o on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:01 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Let me try,

So you're blaming the players and not the head coach or his OC.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:03 pm

So you're blaming the players and not the head coach or his OC.

On this thread, I'm not really "blaming" anybody (coaches, players, fans, or administration.) All I did was try to translate Frank Spaziani-speak. Perhaps the coach is pointing blame.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:38 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Can someone that speaks Ital tell me WTF this means? Jesus Christ...

“It looks like it’s indecisive, but it’s not indecisive,” said Spaziani. “We know exactly what we’ve got to do. It’s just not clear. We know how we’ve got to get to the point and when somebody shows us that they’re doing something (then they’ll play)…When somebody separates themselves, then it becomes more decisive for everybody.”…

I'll say it...I now miss TOB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:43 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Can someone that speaks Ital tell me WTF this means? Jesus Christ...

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:06 am

talon {l Wrote}:Spaz is unfireable.

Agreed. Spaz was brought in as the promise child; the image of all things a "BC Guy" should be. Product on the field this season aside, he's put together a real good recruiting class so far and if that fell apart we'd be fecked for the foreseeable future. The off-season changes will be, hopefully, Nyquil running out and a different special teams coach. :ginger
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I'll say it...I now miss TOB.

No way.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 am

I don't miss TOB... but, I will admit that he is the better coach. Spaz can prove me wrong... we are only 3 games in... but this is a 7-5 team under TOB and a 9-3 team under Jags. Both TOB and Jags would've had this team undefeated heading into this week's game against Wake. That said, this week would have been an auto-loss for TOB.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 am

I don't miss TOB and I'm not ready to give up on Spaz. I have no use for Tranq.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:10 am

We can go 0-12 for ten years straight and I will not miss TOB. I haven't given up on Spaz, but Tranquill should feel free to leave at his earliest convenience.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:We can go 0-12 for ten years straight and I will not miss TOB. I haven't given up on Spaz, but Tranquill should feel free to leave at his earliest convenience.

If we see the same offense that we saw last week, Tranquill should be fired at halftime at midfield with the band playing Buttercup.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:We can go 0-12 for ten years straight and I will not miss TOB. I haven't given up on Spaz, but Tranquill should feel free to leave at his earliest convenience.

AGREED... tranquil is quickly turning a 9-3 season into a 5-7 season.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium