More TOB-esque comments?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: More TOB-esque comments?

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:46 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:what an abomination. I'm sending a letter to Gene D right now. GeneD@bc.edu. Let fly.

Allow me to write Gene's response for you:

"Dear Pete,

Smarm smarm smarm smarm smarm. We are what we are. Smarm smarm.

Very Truly Yours,

Greasy Gene"
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:51 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Does it link to an address in Cockeysville, MD???
If it does, will TRE post the lovely PMs he got from Zander after he unsubscribed?

On an aside, does anyone else find it strange that the content over there has drawn to a halt after the exodus? I figured he was going to have to kick it up a notch.

when i use my ip searcher it tells me that the ip address "Could be forged: hostname xxxxxxxxxxxx does not exist"

we had a similar circumstance in the ac club... the playhouse and HoF were removed shortly thereafter. it could have been a coincidence at the ac club - but that's what i know

You mean you got the same result when you IP searched Zander's address over at the AC Club? Wow... that would be interesting if it was him. I say that because it was really, really, REALLY bad smack talk. I honestly expected more thezman10 or ObserverCollege-type backhanded comments. Thought he was better than what has thus far been posted under blinky's handle.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:53 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The problem is that these guys all learned from George Welsh. Yet George Welsh was a miracle worker. So when he talked about challenges at Navy and then at UVA (where they hadn't won in 40 years prior to him getting there) he was right. Ugh. We better win this year because minus Giles, Gunnell, Ramella, Bowman and Tennant and a few other lessor pieces, we have the same team next year.

I'll give you credit, ATL, it's a good idea to look beyond your immediate circles when you want to learn how to build your reputation. Coach Spaz might want to throw a call down to Coach Urban at Florida (for now). I really liked Urban's work when he blamed "the flu" for what would appear to be a disappointing performance against Tennessee. You throw blame off yourself for constantly running Tebow into the line. However, you protect your players' egos, which they'll need for that crucial Nov. 21 matchup when they're trying to impress the pollsters by dropping 60 on Florida International. Well done.

Although, if you were talking to a more sabermetric-oriented audience than the Gameday crowd, say a math professor version of Bob Griese or Kirk Herbstreit, then you might want to talk about sampling distribution. On average we know from preseason rankings that Florida would destroy Tennessee by a score of 38-0 or something like that. But imagine the standard deviation is 15 points or so, which means 2 standard deviations times 15 = 30. Typically, you reject the null hypothesis when your observed score falls plus/minus 2 standard deviations away from the mean (really 1.96, but let's round off the cut like your typical 2-star wideout recruit). So your null hypothesis is that Florida wins by 38, and you need to find a margin of (38+30) or (38-30) to reject the null. Last time I checked, a margin of ten is within those bounds. So you can't reject the null hypothesis which holds that on average Florida will beat Tennessee by 38.

The reason for such a "poor" performance, then? Clearly it was the flu, but now you have statistical documentation to back you up. Q.E.D.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is someone's lame attempt to mimic Talon's thezman10 handle. Unblinkingeye is what Zander had as his status (i.e. noob, BC Guy, Like Asian Trannys). This is just horribly done.

I'm flattered, but thezman10 wasn't me.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:10 pm

Spaz apologists, keep telling me he was a good hire. Seriously, everyone who told me, HJS, Pete, ATL, et al in February what a good hire Spaz was, remind me.

Fuck :spaz3

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:15 pm

This is not a leader. WAKE UP GENE!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:This is someone's lame attempt to mimic Talon's thezman10 handle. Unblinkingeye is what Zander had as his status (i.e. noob, BC Guy, Like Asian Trannys). This is just horribly done.

I'm flattered, but thezman10 wasn't me.

Seriously??? It was good work. Totally seemed like something you'd pull off.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:This is not a leader. WAKE UP GENE!

Gene doesn't care. If he cared, he would have hired Edsall, Holtz, Addazio, Logan, Bick Jr., London, Golden. Spaz was all he could hire once he went mental and leaked the info to ESPN. His hot-headedness resulted in him being painted into a corner and going with the guy liked by the media, the players and the idiotic whalepants crew... was all he could do.
At the end of the day, Spaz ain't gonna be found, drunk and naked in a hotel room... Spaz ain't gonna have affairs with a ton of different dental hygenist... Spaz isn't gonna be solicited to be interviewed by ANYONE.
:pickle
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:This is not a leader. WAKE UP GENE!

Gene doesn't care. If he cared, he would have hired Edsall, Holtz, Addazio, Logan, Bick Jr., London, Golden. Spaz was all he could hire once he went mental and leaked the info to ESPN. His hot-headedness resulted in him being painted into a corner and going with the guy liked by the media, the players and the idiotic whalepants crew... was all he could do.
At the end of the day, Spaz ain't gonna be found, drunk and naked in a hotel room... Spaz ain't gonna have affairs with a ton of different dental hygenist... Spaz isn't gonna be solicited to be interviewed by ANYONE.
:pickle

I think Gene does care. But I also think that Gene knows that he can't fire anybody.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Spaz apologists, keep telling me he was a good hire. Seriously, everyone who told me, HJS, Pete, ATL, et al in February what a good hire Spaz was, remind me.

Fuck :spaz3

I'm really starting to regret this. I was all for letting :spaz3 having his chance but unless 1) his demeanor changes 2) we rebound and fast this is going to go down as a terrible hire. it's only been a couple of games so maybe things willturn around but i'm not liking what i've seen thus far.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

It's worse than I thought when I started this thread. He digs at last years team too. This just makes no sense anymore..

On holding wake to 1 offensive TD last year:

"I would say last year was a combination of having five NFL players on our defense," Spaziani said. "So much for being smart."
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:30 pm

ObserverCollege {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The problem is that these guys all learned from George Welsh. Yet George Welsh was a miracle worker. So when he talked about challenges at Navy and then at UVA (where they hadn't won in 40 years prior to him getting there) he was right. Ugh. We better win this year because minus Giles, Gunnell, Ramella, Bowman and Tennant and a few other lessor pieces, we have the same team next year.

I'll give you credit, ATL, it's a good idea to look beyond your immediate circles when you want to learn how to build your reputation. Coach Spaz might want to throw a call down to Coach Urban at Florida (for now). I really liked Urban's work when he blamed "the flu" for what would appear to be a disappointing performance against Tennessee. You throw blame off yourself for constantly running Tebow into the line. However, you protect your players' egos, which they'll need for that crucial Nov. 21 matchup when they're trying to impress the pollsters by dropping 60 on Florida International. Well done.

Although, if you were talking to a more sabermetric-oriented audience than the Gameday crowd, say a math professor version of Bob Griese or Kirk Herbstreit, then you might want to talk about sampling distribution. On average we know from preseason rankings that Florida would destroy Tennessee by a score of 38-0 or something like that. But imagine the standard deviation is 15 points or so, which means 2 standard deviations times 15 = 30. Typically, you reject the null hypothesis when your observed score falls plus/minus 2 standard deviations away from the mean (really 1.96, but let's round off the cut like your typical 2-star wideout recruit). So your null hypothesis is that Florida wins by 38, and you need to find a margin of (38+30) or (38-30) to reject the null. Last time I checked, a margin of ten is within those bounds. So you can't reject the null hypothesis which holds that on average Florida will beat Tennessee by 38.

The reason for such a "poor" performance, then? Clearly it was the flu, but now you have statistical documentation to back you up. Q.E.D.

so ObserverCollege has a math background. that's the only possible way he'd know what QED is.
now who here has a math background?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 pm

I am more upset with :tranq than :spaz right now. We didn't adjust offensively at all in the second half. And maybe that is the fault of :spaz but the plan sucked to begin with anyway.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:13 pm

I was outspoken in support of the Jags firing but felt GD had to clean house after that mess. I honestly thought Flip was going to hire either London or Holtz. Now we're stuck with Spaz leading the way with these gems to the press:
----
"We have a lot of areas we have to improve upon," Spaziani said. "All the problems we saw in the spring and preseason are still there. We have to obviously make some strides offensively and get ourselves moving a little bit better than we did last week."

Spaziani downplayed the success of his defense so far and said the Eagles have personnel issues "across the board," and that includes the defense, which has been without its top two linebackers in Mark Herzlich and Mike McLaughlin.

"The problems we have on defense are still there," Spaziani said. "Good players and different schemes will expose certain things, so we always have to improve over there."

As to whether the Eagles have the personnel to make the necessary improvements this weekend against Wake Forest and the rest of the season? "Let me say this," Spaziani said. "The best way to probably answer that is, the personnel we have is the personnel we have, and we have to get better."
---

If the fucking problems we had on offense in the spring are still here going into game 4 then coaching is the reason. Bad mouthing the #4 ranked D in the country to the press, granted the opposition in 2 games sucked but #4 none the less, and this dip stick can't give them some praise to the media? He can't make a decision on the QB and stick with it so the kid isn't looking over his shoulder all the time? WTF, is that GD's real email address?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:24 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:I'm shocked that most of you have jumped ship after one loss. Didn't see that coming. :lol:

I can't wait to see how quickly you jump ship after Al Skinner loses the first game of the year. He's going to lead BC to an ACC title this year. You want on that bandwagon?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:I was outspoken in support of the Jags firing but felt GD had to clean house after that mess. I honestly thought Flip was going to hire either London or Holtz. Now we're stuck with Spaz leading the way with these gems to the press:
----
"We have a lot of areas we have to improve upon," Spaziani said. "All the problems we saw in the spring and preseason are still there. We have to obviously make some strides offensively and get ourselves moving a little bit better than we did last week."

Spaziani downplayed the success of his defense so far and said the Eagles have personnel issues "across the board," and that includes the defense, which has been without its top two linebackers in Mark Herzlich and Mike McLaughlin.

"The problems we have on defense are still there," Spaziani said. "Good players and different schemes will expose certain things, so we always have to improve over there."

As to whether the Eagles have the personnel to make the necessary improvements this weekend against Wake Forest and the rest of the season? "Let me say this," Spaziani said. "The best way to probably answer that is, the personnel we have is the personnel we have, and we have to get better."
---

If the fucking problems we had on offense in the spring are still here going into game 4 then coaching is the reason. Bad mouthing the #4 ranked D in the country to the press, granted the opposition in 2 games sucked but #4 none the less, and this dip stick can't give them some praise to the media? He can't make a decision on the QB and stick with it so the kid isn't looking over his shoulder all the time? WTF, is that GD's real email address?

These Spaz quotes are unbelievable. When you hire a Toby disciple, you get Toby. I thought GDF hated Toby. How did we get another Toby?

It makes me almost want to root for a 2-10 season with a few blow-outs so that both GDF and Spaz are shown the door. Let's start from scratch. What a write-off this guy is as a HC. He will take us nowhere. Let's cut our losses after this season and move on to a new AD and HC.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:11 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:I was outspoken in support of the Jags firing but felt GD had to clean house after that mess. I honestly thought Flip was going to hire either London or Holtz. Now we're stuck with Spaz leading the way with these gems to the press:
----

---

These Spaz quotes are unbelievable. When you hire a Toby disciple, you get Toby. I thought GDF hated Toby. How did we get another Toby?

It makes me almost want to root for a 2-10 season with a few blow-outs so that both GDF and Spaz are shown the door. Let's start from scratch. What a write-off this guy is as a HC. He will take us nowhere. Let's cut our losses after this season and move on to a new AD and HC.

The problem with that is we have a president that doesn't care about sports so Gene is going nowhere, therefore neither is Spaz. The best we can hope for is Tranquil gets tired and quits
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I miss Image
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 pm

It is funny because at least for a year or two tobias placated with lip service about talking about the future while his actions betrayed him. I am waiting on spaz to mention he was part of the cleanup crew that got us through the gambling scandle.
FYI these shots at the defense or just in case naked boy skinner lights us up like a Christmas tree. What a spineless pos coach dickweed is. The merrymen love 7-5 football with tons of phantom excuses so they have to be "over the moon" by what spaz has given them so far. So much for the days of quotes from the players talking about how they practiced with the thought they were going to win and in are quotes about being completely unprepared. Why the hell did Spaz hire an OC who is going to be here for only two years? I am excited for spaz to blame the fact that we have gone to two ACC title games as the reason why people are pissed that he has no plans ever to return. All Spaz apologists GDIAF (tm Chevy) :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby janebc on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:23 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:I am more upset with :tranq than :spaz right now. We didn't adjust offensively at all in the second half. And maybe that is the fault of :spaz but the plan sucked to begin with anyway.

I respectfully disagree. This reasoning leads back to "Toby's great; it's Dana Bible's fault we lost." The buck stops at the head coach-Spaz. :toby
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Anybody will have my ultimate respect if they blow up skinners edited picture (with :dildodog ) to a poster size and bring it into Alumni.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:31 pm

janebc {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I am more upset with :tranq than :spaz right now. We didn't adjust offensively at all in the second half. And maybe that is the fault of :spaz but the plan sucked to begin with anyway.

I respectfully disagree. This reasoning leads back to "Toby's great; it's Dana Bible's fault we lost." The buck stops at the head coach-Spaz. :toby

Amen Jane of laws! There was not a dumber or more retarded tob apologist then the anti-bible/pro-tob crowd. I am guessing not a lot of the supply officer's biggest fans have ever had a job because normally if your boss thinks you stink they fire you and you rarely have control over your boss the way they thought bible did. Same goes for spaz, jags made him try and now he is back to his formerself. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:10 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Anybody will have my ultimate respect if they blow up skinners edited picture (with :dildodog ) to a poster size and bring it into Alumni.

As the person holding the trademark to said picture, I fully endorse this. In fact, I will give said poster-holder 2 million virtual dollars.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
----

---

The problem with that is we have a president that doesn't care about sports so Gene is going nowhere, therefore neither is Spaz. The best we can hope for is Tranquil gets tired and quits

:gun
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:28 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
----

---

Tranquil getting tired, fired, or pony ridden only helps so much if the HC is making himself available for halftime eulogies. Besides, a new OC immediately becomes excuse #1 for next year's failures.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:19 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
----

---

Tranquil getting tired, fired, or pony ridden only helps so much if the HC is making himself available for halftime eulogies. Besides, a new OC immediately becomes excuse #1 for next year's failures.

Spaz did a great job with the D the last several years..... and I am pissed with his quotes, but for now I am hoping this is on Tranquil. Either way things are looking really really bad.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
----

---

Spaz did a great job with the D the last several years..... and I am pissed with his quotes, but for now I am hoping this is on Tranquil. Either way things are looking really really bad.

And who is tranq's boss? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:31 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

I am not privy to how it all went down but supposedly the issue with TOB and GDF was TOB not putting up with GDF's meddling. Spaz is. There is the difference.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:35 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

I am not privy to how it all went down but supposedly the issue with TOB and GDF was TOB not putting up with GDF's meddling. Spaz is. There is the difference.

I've kind of immunized myself from the GDF talk, but my eyes have been opened over the past week. Truly awful.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

Lets put it this way...Spaz and Jagz..not exactly golf buddies.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium