More TOB-esque comments?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

More TOB-esque comments?

Postby eagle1331 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:18 pm

I don't know how to listen in to the ACC Coaches' call, or if it is possible, but HD said this on twitter regarding whatever Spaz said:

ESPN_ACCSpaz said he understood what he had to work with on offense, and has a better handle on it, but never saw 54 yards coming. Who could?

or, worse in my opinion:

ESPN_ACCSpaz says they have "personnel issues across the board." He said the problems they have on defense are still there.
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Re: More TOB-esque comments?

Postby auggiebc on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:22 pm

you can listen to every ACC coaches mid-week teleconference here:

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/f ... rence.html
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:24 pm

eagle1331 {l Wrote}:I don't know how to listen in to the ACC Coaches' call, or if it is possible, but HD said this on twitter regarding whatever Spaz said:

ESPN_ACCSpaz said he understood what he had to work with on offense, and has a better handle on it, but never saw 54 yards coming. Who could?

or, worse in my opinion:

ESPN_ACCSpaz says they have "personnel issues across the board." He said the problems they have on defense are still there.

wow. He really is going all out to blame the players. This is not good. "He understood what he had to work with on offense"? What the heel does that mean? A solid offensive coach could make this a very dangerous offense.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:25 pm

BC fans know that our personnel on offense is pretty damn good (save QB). Spaz's comments just mean that we are headed for a whole new level of sucking under his embarassing version of leadership.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eagle1331 {l Wrote}:I don't know how to listen in to the ACC Coaches' call, or if it is possible, but HD said this on twitter regarding whatever Spaz said:

or, worse in my opinion:

wow. He really is going all out to blame the players. This is not good. "He understood what he had to work with on offense"? What the heel does that mean? A solid offensive coach could make this a very dangerous offense.

Youth
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:29 pm

I'm not a fan of making excuses to lower expectations, but hopefully it's a calculated move to take pressure off the players, which they will clearly feel if things start going poorly on Saturday at home. This does feel like a HUGE must-win game both for the team and for him personally. No excuses for not getting a W this week...
Last edited by bignick33 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

or, worse in my opinion:

Youth

Youth? On offense? We have one new starter on the OLine and a new QB (which wasthe big weakness last year)...so he has nothingto complain about on offense. The defense should be struggling due to youth....but real coaching on that side of the ball is making it so this is not an excuse.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

or, worse in my opinion:

Youth
a new QB

You nailed it.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Spaz doesn't think we have good enough players on offense. From the teleconference, starting at the the 2:27 mark:

question: "Do you guys (the coaching staff) think you have the personnel moving forward to make the improvements?"

Spaz: "Well, let me say this. The best way to answer that is to say 'the personnel we have is the personnel we have'.

Wouldn't the correct answer be: "yes". ??? How can you not answer this question with a "yes", regardless of what he thinks. What kind of message is this sending to his players?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:40 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:Spaz doesn't think we have good enough players on offense. From the teleconference, starting at the the 2:27 mark:

question: "Do you guys (the coaching staff) think you have the personnel moving forward to make the improvements?"

Spaz: "Well, let me say this. The best way to answer that is to say 'the personnel we have is the personnel we have'.

Wouldn't the correct answer be: "yes". ??? How can you not answer this question with a "yes", regardless of what he thinks. What kind of message is this sending to his players?

i'm getting more and more angry by the minute at :spaz with his comments and :tranq with his coaching. god help me if we do not right this ship and win this week.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:44 pm

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:Spaz doesn't think we have good enough players on offense. From the teleconference, starting at the the 2:27 mark:

I just puked at my desk.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

I don't have time to listen to the whole thing right now, but is there even one moment when he at least pays lip service to accountability on behalf of the coaches? Or another moment where he emphatically states the team will improve, not thinks or hopes it will? For an I-tal, he sounds like a French General.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Youth

with their atari and their rock and roll music

GET THE FXCK OUTTA MY YARD!!!!

and get a haircut
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Quite a ringing endorsement for the players. Not sure if anyone listened to Jags last year, but this is sickening.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BigPete on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:10 pm

THE PERSONNEL WE HAVE IS THE PERSONNEL WE HAVE without an ENDORSEMENT OF THEIR CAPABILITIES AND TALENT AND WORK ETHIC IS A FUCKING DISGRACE.

He is setting up his epic failure already. Somebody throw this aging rummy on the ground, stamp on his withered gin-soaked nads and kick his teeth in. THEN fire him.

what an abomination. I'm sending a letter to Gene D right now. GeneD@bc.edu. Let fly.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:31 pm

A long way from this:

Boston College is 4-1 but still has to face Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Clemson and Florida State, just to name a few. Coach Jeff Jagodzinski was asked on Wednesday's ACC teleconference how tough the rest of the schedule is, and he seemed to take offense to it:

"Guess who else they're going to be tough for? All those teams that we play."

Nobody asked another question after that, and just when the teleconference should have ended, Jagodzinski came back with, "Everyone wants to know how hard it's going to be. Well, it's going to be hard for them, too."
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:42 pm

At least TOB had a few legitimate excuses when he came in (not that he wasn't a pussy for using them.) Spaz is trying to manufacture excuses where there aren't any. We made the ACCCG last year with less experience than we have this year. This thread is crying out for a cat video.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby unblinkingeye on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm shocked that most of you have jumped ship after one loss. Didn't see that coming. :lol:
unblinkingeye
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:45 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:I'm shocked that most of you have jumped ship after one loss. Didn't see that coming. :lol:

Why are you such a fucking prick
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BigPete on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:51 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:I'm shocked that most of you have jumped ship after one loss. Didn't see that coming. :lol:

I'm totally unsurprised you are too chickenshit to use your 'regular handle' on this board.

We haven't jumped ship, but our Coach has announced that our talent is not good enough to win and begun compiling excuses at an alarming rate.

As others have said, we went to the ACCCG last year with this offense. It is hard to get worse QB play than we did last year. Chickenshit.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby unblinkingeye on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:12 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:

I'm totally unsurprised you are too chickenshit to use your 'regular handle' on this board.

We haven't jumped ship, but our Coach has announced that our talent is not good enough to win and begun compiling excuses at an alarming rate.

As others have said, we went to the ACCCG last year with this offense. It is hard to get worse QB play than we did last year. Chickenshit.

My "regular handle" was already taken. I'm guessing that one of the clowns was posting as me. I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was just as "hilarious" as the threads they started on EI. Anyways, I'm not here to start anything. Just checking in on you guys.
unblinkingeye
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:15 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:

My "regular handle" was already taken. I'm guessing that one of the clowns was posting as me. I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was just as "hilarious" as the threads they started on EI. Anyways, I'm not here to start anything. Just checking in on you guys.

Please tell me this is Zander...

:dildodog
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:17 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:At least TOB had a few legitimate excuses when he came in (not that he wasn't a pussy for using them.) Spaz is trying to manufacture excuses where there aren't any. We made the ACCCG last year with less experience than we have this year. This thread is crying out for a cat video.

When asked about the D and how well they played at Clemson he said (paraphrasing), "they were good but we lost the game...so things weren't so good. There are problems on the horizon though. Good players or good schemes will expose the problems."

I am not going to be able to deal with this shit for 5 years or however long it takes.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:

This is someone's lame attempt to mimic Talon's thezman10 handle. Unblinkingeye is what Zander had as his status (i.e. noob, BC Guy, Like Asian Trannys). This is just horribly done.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:24 pm

unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:

c'mon man... we're leaving your site alone. how about you leave ours alone.

i'm sure i could change my signature over there if you like. 65% of your premium subscribers would keel over from a heart attack

TRE - are you saying this is the zman?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
unblinkingeye {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:

c'mon man... we're leaving your site alone. how about you leave ours alone.

i'm sure i could change my signature over there if you like. 65% of your premium subscribers would keel over from a heart attack

TRE - are you saying this is the zman?

His IP address doesn't match up with any other poster's here. Whether or not it is xander, i dunno.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

The problem is that these guys all learned from George Welsh. Yet George Welsh was a miracle worker. So when he talked about challenges at Navy and then at UVA (where they hadn't won in 40 years prior to him getting there) he was right. Ugh. We better win this year because minus Giles, Gunnell, Ramella, Bowman and Tennant and a few other lessor pieces, we have the same team next year.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Does it link to an address in Cockeysville, MD???
If it does, will TRE post the lovely PMs he got from Zander after he unsubscribed?

On an aside, does anyone else find it strange that the content over there has drawn to a halt after the exodus? I figured he was going to have to kick it up a notch.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle1331 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:41 pm

I sent my e-mail in. I don't need him flipping out on the media OSU style, or answering questions with the "swagger" of Jacory Harris, but feck, show me some confidence in yourself, the (elderly) staff you picked, and at least your players. That or take some blame and say you can fix it. It's embarrassing himself, the team, and the school. :toby
Herzlich for Coach '09-'10
eagle1331
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium