Impressed with your Coach Spaziani

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Impressed with your Coach Spaziani

Postby ObserverCollege on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:11 pm

I have to say I have been very impressed with this Spaziani you people have coaching your team this year. He's building a heck of a rapport with the media experts in college football, parroting their statements about how BC can't compete and confirming that he knows BC's proper place in college football. Couple this embrace of conventional wisdom talking points with the "flair" of his cookies and naps, and you have one heck of a folksy color analyst to plug into the ESPN Gameplan family in a year or two.

However, Spaziani is doing what he needs to do to ensure that he goes out when he wants to do so. Young coaches, see this article that was mentioned earlier in another thread.

THIS is how you apply the teflon. When in doubt, shift the focus to the previous coaches and to the players. Note what Spaziani does here:

* 1. Blame the predecessors for the team's failings. Remember that Spaziani coached the defense, not the offense, so he can throw Jags and Steve Logan under the bus.
* 2. Pin the blame on your quarterback. Spending the entire offseason laying a foundation of rhetoric about the QBs' inexperience now bears fruit.
* 3. Focus on the lack of personnel and the injury problems on defense, even though it's the offense that's been the problem.
* 4. Never, EVER blame your current coaches (who you hired). Note that "the line" needs to jell, implying that they are just as inexperienced as the QBs. When, in fact, the O-Line returns three all-ACC performers.
* 5. Locate friends in the media who will put out your line blaming the players for failing to get the schemes.
* 6. Note the mistake Bill Belichick made in describing New England's loss to the Jets: "They outplayed us and outcoached us." Dumb move by Belichick to make his players, his owner and, most importantly, Ron Borges question his coaching ability.
***On the other hand, examine Spaziani's statements. He never, ever exudes anything but pure unadulterated confidence in his coaching. In discussing the performance of the quarterbacks, he says "this one isn't easy", implying that the QBs are so untalented that he's handcuffed no matter what he does.
** Note also that Belichick is on his SECOND head coaching gig, as he was FIRED from his first. Spaziani, on the other hand, has NEVER been fired as a head coach. Nor, mind you, were his mentors: Tom O'Brien and George Welsh. Clearly Spaziani has learned well, and has learned his team's place in the hierarchy of college football.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Re: Impressed with your Coach Spaziani

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I didn't even read this- I'm just surprised you have that much time to write so much about a school I know you dislike.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I didn't even read this- I'm just surprised you have that much time to write so much about a school I know you dislike.

For someone who was purportedly banned from EI, your response is quite surprising.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I didn't even read this- I'm just surprised you have that much time to write so much about a school I know you dislike.

For someone who was purportedly banned from EI, your response is quite surprising.

Really? You're questioning my loyalty because I took the side of the BC fans. Do you not realize that the leader of the site did not go to BC. Obviously I wanted to get banned from there once there was an alternate place for true BC fans. I wanted to make a man who pissed off BC fans a living hell. Were you even there long enough to know who was in charge before Zander and why Zander took charge?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

Really? You're questioning my loyalty because I took the side of the BC fans. Do you not realize that the leader of the site did not go to BC. Obviously I wanted to get banned from there once there was an alternate place for true BC fans. I wanted to make a man who pissed off BC fans a living hell. Were you even there long enough to know who was in charge before Zander and why Zander took charge?

No loyalty questioning here. Just surprised you don't appear to be more familiar with the OC shtick.
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

He's saying it is very surprising that you don't know this is angryty and a parody poster.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

He's saying it is very surprising that you don't know this is angryty and a parody poster.

Joke

My head.

I'm used to the angryty that isn't afraid to tell good stories about fear and loathing in Morgantown and the like.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:43 pm

I didn't even read this- I'm just surprised you have that much time to write so much about a school I know you dislike.

Apparently, someone doesn't "get" the whole point of ObserverCollege.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:57 pm

ObserverCollege {l Wrote}:I have to say I have been very impressed with this Spaziani you people have coaching your team this year. He's building a heck of a rapport with the media experts in college football, parroting their statements about how BC can't compete and confirming that he knows BC's proper place in college football. Couple this embrace of conventional wisdom talking points with the "flair" of his cookies and naps, and you have one heck of a folksy color analyst to plug into the ESPN Gameplan family in a year or two.

However, Spaziani is doing what he needs to do to ensure that he goes out when he wants to do so. Young coaches, see this article that was mentioned earlier in another thread.

THIS is how you apply the teflon. When in doubt, shift the focus to the previous coaches and to the players. Note what Spaziani does here:

* 1. Blame the predecessors for the team's failings. Remember that Spaziani coached the defense, not the offense, so he can throw Jags and Steve Logan under the bus.
* 2. Pin the blame on your quarterback. Spending the entire offseason laying a foundation of rhetoric about the QBs' inexperience now bears fruit.
* 3. Focus on the lack of personnel and the injury problems on defense, even though it's the offense that's been the problem.
* 4. Never, EVER blame your current coaches (who you hired). Note that "the line" needs to jell, implying that they are just as inexperienced as the QBs. When, in fact, the O-Line returns three all-ACC performers.
* 5. Locate friends in the media who will put out your line blaming the players for failing to get the schemes.
* 6. Note the mistake Bill Belichick made in describing New England's loss to the Jets: "They outplayed us and outcoached us." Dumb move by Belichick to make his players, his owner and, most importantly, Ron Borges question his coaching ability.
***On the other hand, examine Spaziani's statements. He never, ever exudes anything but pure unadulterated confidence in his coaching. In discussing the performance of the quarterbacks, he says "this one isn't easy", implying that the QBs are so untalented that he's handcuffed no matter what he does.
** Note also that Belichick is on his SECOND head coaching gig, as he was FIRED from his first. Spaziani, on the other hand, has NEVER been fired as a head coach. Nor, mind you, were his mentors: Tom O'Brien and George Welsh. Clearly Spaziani has learned well, and has learned his team's place in the hierarchy of college football.

Every night I pray fpr the return of the disciplinarian. Tom O'Brien. he was the man and will always be the Man.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:01 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

i think that it's not always angryty... there, i said it

*i am not observer college, have never been to the party mansion and have never been a part of any army

I have always thought that OC sometimes had a Tedy Ballgame flavor. Not that I ever tasted him or anything.

AC would know if he had a TRE flavor
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:02 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

*i am not observer college, have never been to the party mansion and have never been a part of any army

I have always thought that OC sometimes had a Tedy Ballgame flavor. Not that I ever tasted him or anything.

While I appreciate the compliment, I think it is pretty well established that the original OC was AngryTy. That said, I could be wrong. Whomever it is is a genius.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah, campion, I caught the Borges comment as well. That inclines me to believe that it is not AT this time.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

IT WAS THREE YEARS LATER

jerk
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 pm

I know that it's rather Talon-ish to ask this, but who is Commavegarage? Clearly someone active from EI. It's as if we should know who he is.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 pm

As a gold name, I know the board software seems to think OC has kept a consistent IP address in his time here.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Teddy, you should really check out the "View more Smilies" button.

Would make life a lot easier.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Teddy, you should really check out the "View more Smilies" button.

Would make life a lot easier.

How could you tell I had to go track down the link?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Awesome

:vader
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Dev Tools.
Attachments
dev_tools.jpg
dev_tools.jpg (60.54 KiB) Viewed 8526 times
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I know that it's rather Talon-ish to ask this, but who is Commavegarage? Clearly someone active from EI. It's as if we should know who he is.

Everybody knows who I am. It's in my signature. And no, I'm not active on EI- I was banned when the nexus was moved for pissing off NEP. Ask him if you don't believe me. Better yet, ask 81. I know he loves me.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:I know that it's rather Talon-ish to ask this, but who is Commavegarage? Clearly someone active from EI. It's as if we should know who he is.

Everybody knows who I am. It's in my signature. And no, I'm not active on EI- I was banned when the nexus was moved for pissing off NEP. Ask him if you don't believe me. Better yet, ask 81. I know he loves me.

Ah, a hint. It's either Baldwin or BUC who I still believe are one in the same. It' could be b0mber, because he actually thinks I love/hate him when I really don't care at all.
A long shot would be Big Pete or Hustlin Owl. BP would not stoop to an alias because he wouldn't and couldn't hide behind that greezy, bald headed, smelly italian body. I know it personally cuz I'm the same as BP.
Hustlin, it's a possibility but he annoys everyone with his love of Boise so it's not 81 specific enough. It's Baldwin/BUC. Fess up dude. Real longshots-Talon, TRE and Campion.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium