whoever said this on EI has a lot of nerve to post on EO

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: whoever said this on EI has a lot of nerve to post on EO

Postby angrychicken on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}: Can we have a truce now. Mea culpa.

I'll give you a truce when you delete the post on EI saying that the people here are "un-BC like." You can't post on one board as if you're distancing yourself from us when you're really not.

At least OJ said we're all a bunch of know-nothing pricks and has stayed away from this site and didn't secretly register under a brand new username.

Sure about that?

Even I don't know that, and I have GOLDNAME powers. If he is here, who cares? His true nature will come out eventually. So be it. That's the point of this board. People can post here even though they may be disliked. Case in point: 81. I don't dislike 81, but sometimes he annoys me with inane polls and ramblings about stupid stuff. The difference between 81 and myself is that I don't let it get to me. On the other hand, any criticism of 81 eats on his soul. My suggestion to everyone is to leave your pride at the door. It's the freaking internet.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

I'll give you a truce when you delete the post on EI saying that the people here are "un-BC like." You can't post on one board as if you're distancing yourself from us when you're really not.

At least OJ said we're all a bunch of know-nothing pricks and has stayed away from this site and didn't secretly register under a brand new username.

Sure about that?

Even I don't know that, and I have GOLDNAME powers. If he is here, who cares? His true nature will come out eventually. So be it. That's the point of this board. People can post here even though they may be disliked. Case in point: 81. I don't dislike 81, but sometimes he annoys me with inane polls and ramblings about stupid stuff. The difference between 81 and myself is that I don't let it get to me. On the other hand, any criticism of 81 eats on his soul. My suggestion to everyone is to leave your pride at the door. It's the freaking internet.

Ok, this is getting freaky. First, Talon is in my mind and knows who I am talking about in my quote. Now, AC knows my soul and how it is being eaten away. You would all be surprised how little the taunts bother me. Anyway, I agree with AC about leaving your pride at the door. Let's see if it works. Talon, STFU and Get the Fxck Outta My Alma Mater.
:P :P :P
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 pm

campion {l Wrote}:Relax, 81. Jesus. man, you try too hard, and it shows. Your evertoexcel statement about us was pretty stupid.

Some posters made fun of me on the interim board when I called them TRADERS for posting on EI while Zander was posting several of our personal identities and deleting threads and changing posts. I got over it. What the hell-- we've got to get along, right? Now these same guys want to purge others. I detect a touch of Donatism in some posters here.

I was banned for a month for my SCCOCKS/Clemaniac gag so I missed all this stuff that went on. It sounds like it was interesting. Sorry I missed it.
Who is Zander for those of us that missed the schism? NEP? I Respeckt you Campion, you and TRE are the only ones that can answer my BC/Boston/New England trivia quizzes.
Last edited by 1981Eagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:58 pm

campion {l Wrote}:Relax, 81. Jesus. man, you try too hard, and it shows. Your evertoexcel statement about us was pretty stupid.

Some posters made fun of me on the interim board when I called them TRADERS for posting on EI while Zander was posting several of our personal identities and deleting threads and changing posts. I got over it. What the hell-- we've got to get along, right? Now these same guys want to purge others. I detect a touch of Donatism in some posters here.

Whiney bitch. Get over it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMike22 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCMike22 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:"However, many of them want to talk about anything BUT football/sports and are very unfriendly and love to talk smack and pick fights. Very Un-BC like."

if you guys are trying to grow the board, what's with the constant witch hunts?

Just sayin'.

Pointing out the douchebaggery of those that criticize the reason that this board exists, and then come over after they realize that this board is cool and their old board sucks now that we have gone, is hardly a witch hunt.

There is a group of fuckheads that bashed the guys that wanted a free board. Bashed the things that made EI the nexus. They were usually new posters coming to the nuisance. "This board is mean. Help us NEP." And then the fucking douche Zander got some pressure to get subscriptions so he went out and got 80 year old whalepants subscribers and was forced to shut down that which made the Nexus great. The whiners rejoiced. We started our own board. The whiners criticized the new board, said it would fail. 3 weeks later, they are all over here, fully on the bandwagon.

Now some, like BeaconFarveDoucheNorthEndEagle have changed names. Some like 81Eagle just pretended that they didn't bash the site. But all are here now. They are welcome, but they deserve the shit they are getting.

I guess I didn't realize how deep this went...

I have only been on for a short while and it just appeared to me that people were getting constantly "called out". If that's not the case, my apologies.
BCMike22
n00b

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:00 am

BCMike22 {l Wrote}:I guess I didn't realize how deep this went...

I have only been on for a short while and it just appeared to me that people were getting constantly "called out". If that's not the case, my apologies.

I have witnessed the battle between the original wah wahs and rah rahs since '05 (and I would not doubt it existed long before that). :koolaid
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 am

I only have two problems:

1) when a schism occurs, and people stay behind on one board to say how much the departing posters suck, but still follow them to the new board anyway.
2) people that obviously posted on EA or EI and change their username, but refuse to disclose who they used to post as. if you believe what you type, why should you be ashamed?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
"+1" is yet another indication of the nerdification of boston college and i will use my limited powers to prevent furthering that.

you've been warned, convict!

old deadspin habit. apologies.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

Sure about that?

looks like I was wrong.
talon
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium