Question on ticket policy

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Question on ticket policy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Teddy is right again. But how is this news that BC fans suck?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I see your point- but the thing I fear is if they let people tailgate during the duration of the game, many people won't come in at all, and some won't come in until halftime (i.e. attendance will be worse than it already is.)

If the product on the field is truly worth it, this shouldn't be a problem.

The product has been worth it the past 4-5 years, and it has still been a problem. A large portion of BC football fans suck balls. Period. If you let them stay out there they will, and it is a fucking embarrassment.

That's not to say that the tailgating experience is good - it is not. But your average BC fan could give a fuck about the game. If your ass ain't in the seats for kickoff, you suck.

That is all.

And all that time they have been forcing people into the stadium under threats of violence. The practice began in the final years of TOB. I, for one, have not noticed any significant uptick since it began. When we play a good team, the place is packed and loud. When we don't, the crowd is late-arriving, thinly populated and pin-drop quiet. Forcing people in has not had any effect on this. It just makes some of those who are in the stadium pissed about being there.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I see your point- but the thing I fear is if they let people tailgate during the duration of the game, many people won't come in at all, and some won't come in until halftime (i.e. attendance will be worse than it already is.)

If the product on the field is truly worth it, this shouldn't be a problem.

The product has been worth it the past 4-5 years, and it has still been a problem. A large portion of BC football fans suck balls. Period. If you let them stay out there they will, and it is a fucking embarrassment.

That's not to say that the tailgating experience is good - it is not. But your average BC fan could give a fuck about the game. If your ass ain't in the seats for kickoff, you suck.

That is all.

Exactly.

Talon- I already pointed out how it's different for alumni, but the fact that the team was top 10 two years ago and people were still angry when they had to pack up the tailgate and go in effin sucked.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:58 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Talon- I already pointed out how it's different for alumni, but the fact that the team was top 10 two years ago and people were still angry when they had to pack up the tailgate and go in effin sucked.

I don't think I've tailgated at a spot within the past 5 years that was longer than a five minute walk to the stadium. I don't need someone treating me like a felon because they think it'll take me six times that to get to my seat.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:58 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ZBC2001 {l Wrote}:Do those schools need to get an entertainment license from their city? Isn't that where the limit on tailgating comes from?

The tailgating situation is something that has always struck me as being a problem that is not BC created, but one in which BC is doing the best it can given the state of Mass politics, lack of parking space, and the proximity of houses to the stadium.

That certainly would be what Gene would lead you to believe. I find it surprising that we can successfully win a war where we are allowed to expand student dorms adjacent to those same neighbors... yet, we can't get a couple of extra HOURS to drive past their homes (and soon-to-be-dorms) on 7 Saturdays a year (a day when many of them are supposed to be walking anyway). Yes... BC has to get a license... but they don't put up any really battle when the town says "BTW, you got 2 hours before and after... OK?" If the donations and ticket sales fall off the GDF created cliff, I can pretty much assure you that you will see a different hourly tailgating window to woo season ticketholders back into the fold. This could be the single achievement of the Spaz error... being so effing bad that Gene actually has to allow people to tailgate.

The dorms are not next to the million dollar homes-- the dorms are in Brighton. Brighton does not have million dollar homes.

Show me a stadium anywhere in the country where there are million dollar homes DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET -- within 50 yards of the stadium.

Not all of the world looks like fucking Newark or West Orange.

Are you so sure you could afford a home on East Shelby Street in Seattle? Face it... your arguments for BC's uniqueness are born out of NIMBYism. Nothing more. The rumors are true... nice places do exist beyond 128 and even 495.

I generally picture campion as Kramer in the episode "The Maid" when he realizes that Manhattan exists below First Avenue and First Street.

Appropriately enough... it is the same scene for which the site derives its name.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:14 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I don't think I've tailgated at a spot within the past 5 years that was longer than a five minute walk to the stadium. I don't need someone treating me like a felon because they think it'll take me six times that to get to my seat.

So when do you want them to come? 5 minutes before? 15 minutes before? You should be leaving your spot a minimum of 15 minutes before. 5 minute walk, 5 minutes inside to get to the seats, get there in time for kickoff. And if you setup a spot it takes time to clean it up.

I'm sorry, BC fans don't get the benefit of the doubt from me. They complain about going in on time when we were top 10. Like I said, I'd prefer BC fans to handle this themselves and say- I want to get in to the game on time, but clearly they haven't and won't.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 pm

It's been said a million times... people bitch about being forced into the game BECAUSE of the limited time before said forcing in. No car is allowed on campus before 3hrs beforehand. That means a shitload of traffic builds as people line-up waiting for the witching hour. Gates finally open. It takes a solid 30 minutes to wind your way to the spot... stopped dead in traffic on Comm Ave or Beacon for the most of it. Once you are there you have to get moving as you only now have 2hrs before the Gestapo start their march. Unload the car... set up coolers... grills... chairs... table... snacks. Honestly, by the time you are ready to bite into your first burger, you got slightly more than an hour to enjoy and clean up.

BTW... forgot to mention that Gene... in all his infinite wisdom refuses to let people access Shea via foot until 2 hours before kickoff. So, if you are throwing a tailgate for more than the four people you crammed into your car on the way in, your window is that much more restricted. Look... if you are just looking to drive onto campus with one other person... crack open a Diet Pepsi from a lunchbox cooler and eat a sandwich from Subway in collapsable chairs all before checking out the bookstore on your way into the game... BC tailgating is the place for you.
:banana :elephant :cheer :ginger :pickle :pepper2
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:It's been said a million times... people bitch about being forced into the game BECAUSE of the limited time before said forcing in. No car is allowed on campus before 3hrs beforehand. That means a shitload of traffic builds as people line-up waiting for the witching hour. Gates finally open. It takes a solid 30 minutes to wind your way to the spot... stopped dead in traffic on Comm Ave or Beacon for the most of it. Once you are there you have to get moving as you only now have 2hrs before the Gestapo start their march. Unload the car... set up coolers... grills... chairs... table... snacks. Honestly, by the time you are ready to bite into your first burger, you got slightly more than an hour to enjoy and clean up.

BTW... forgot to mention that Gene... in all his infinite wisdom refuses to let people access Shea via foot until 2 hours before kickoff. So, if you are throwing a tailgate for more than the four people you crammed into your car on the way in, your window is that much more restricted. Look... if you are just looking to drive onto campus with one other person... crack open a Diet Pepsi from a lunchbox cooler and eat a sandwich from Subway in collapsable chairs all before checking out the bookstore on your way into the game... BC tailgating is the place for you.
:banana :elephant :cheer :ginger :pickle :pepper2

How many games do you go to each year, HJASS?
EDIT: I mean BC games, not ST Peter's Prep.

I find it comical that my allegiance is constantly questioned by people who don't donate shit to the school.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 am

Outside of HJS1981's NIMBYISM rant from his gasson level donor home in east orange, Talon has hit the nail on the head in this thread. While the game is the most important thing to most of the people on this board that isn't true of most BC fans or alot of college football fans. The tailgating/game is a social event for them to see friends. BC needs to understand who the fan base is and unfortunately realize that the game is secondary for most of them. I know people won't agree and that is fine but I have been going to game for 20 years. The fans have not changed in attitude and never will save a few games a year.
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium