One play that changed the game....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

One play that changed the game....

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Look most of you have miss understood a lot I have said and think I am happy with how the team played and how the game was coached. Well I am not. There were serious coaching mistakes made and there are serious problems with how the team looked.

That being said our D was amazing!! We really played well and I think if a couple plays had turned out differently it may have been a different game. In my opinion there was one play that really stands out as the turning point of the game. I would like some serious opinions about what you all think and not childish name calling etc.

On Clemson's first series they threw an INT and the momentum seemed to insantly go to our side. However, I think this offensive series changed the game and set the tone for what was to follow.
After we intercepted the ball we threw on first down for a decent 8 yd gain to the TE. It wasn't a very good pass, if it was it would have gone for more yards. Now that brings us to a 2nd and 2. This play I think was the turning point of the game. We choose to pass again, Tuggle threw a terrible pass incomplete setting up 3rd and 2. I think that if we had ran it here we would have picked up the first. But by passing on three downs in a row and not converting on the first down and not taking advantage of the turnover, it gave Clemson the momentum back. More importantly it exposed our passing game before our running game ever got going. After this series they started putting 8 men in the box and by then it was too late.
Furthermore by going three and out after the INT we had to punt from deep in our zone giving CJ a shorter field to return. Our punter had a great punt but out kicked the coverage. CJ easilly ran to the end zone. Now its 7-0 the INT doesn't mean anything and Clemson has all the momentum. We never recovered.
This was 100% coaching.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Re: One play that changed the game....

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Enough BeaconFarve, the coaches suck. Have some more :koolaid
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm

If I build a Thunderdome by More Hall will you fight Bomberman in it? Or are you a coward??!!!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 pm

I have him on foe. Was the play "switching from camo to Gucci-style hat?"
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:08 pm

No idea. I didn't read it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I have him on foe. Was the play "switching from camo to Gucci-style hat?"

While he was administering a rusty trombone to NorthEndFavre, Gene called timeout to mop his greasy forehead with a silk hankerchief. It killed the moment and the duo never got their momentum back. Thanks a lot, JAGZ!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:11 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I have him on foe. Was the play "switching from camo to Gucci-style hat?"

haha no... it was a terrible play call on 2nd and 2 after the INT. Three passes in a row on our first series.

Also I'll be behind St. Thomas Moore if we want to start this again. I tailgate with the McNamara's, the tailgate is up against the building near the grass. So pretty much if you go behind St. Thomas walk toward Comm Ave. I will be in the up against the building. You will see us playing bags probably. There is also tons of food and beer so stop by. :ginger
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

While he was administering a rusty trombone to NorthEndFavre, Gene called timeout to mop his greasy forehead with a silk hankerchief. It killed the moment and the duo never got their momentum back. Thanks a lot, JAGZ!

Do we talk football here?
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:17 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Take your self righteous bullshit someplace else. The dead horse was beat on this one days ago. You are analyzing a game that has been analyzed to death.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NorthEndEagle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:19 pm

I was serious with this post. Does anyone else think this play/series was the begining of the end for us last game?
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Considering there were 2 lightning delays, this game had nothing to do with momentum from a punt return for a TD in the first 5 minutes of the game.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby billyshelby on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:I was serious with this post. Does anyone else think this play/series was the begining of the end for us last game?

Are you seriously asking if the second play from scrimmage was the turning point of the game?
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:31 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:I was serious with this post. Does anyone else think this play/series was the begining of the end for us last game?

Are you seriously asking if the second play from scrimmage was the turning point of the game?

If the first play from scrimmage was a first down and not an eight yard gain, then the second play from scrimmage would not have been the turning point of the game.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 pm

If Gunnell had caught the fucking ball, it would be a moot point.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm

campion {l Wrote}:There were no "turning points" in that game. That term implies that the game was headed in one direction and then there was a critical point at which the direction turned. Saturday's game was an express to the shitter, all aboard and no stops, no detours. Shitter Direct.

I disagree. The turning point was when Gene went all Sahel Kazemi on Jags.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:59 am

I am not saying the punt return was the turning point. Also turning point may be the wrong word choice, maybe I should say tone setting play/series.

With the INT on Clemson's first series we had an opportunity to silence the crowd and make a statement. I really feel like getting a first down on that drive would have made a lot of difference in the game. I think it would have given us a little confidence. Instead Clemson's d stoped us 3 and out after a turn over. Not only that but they scored. I think it was something we never recovered from.
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:39 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:With the INT on Clemson's first series we had an opportunity to silence the crowd and make a statement. I really feel like getting a first down on that drive would have made a lot of difference in the game. I think it would have given us a little confidence. Instead Clemson's d stoped us 3 and out after a turn over. Not only that but they scored. I think it was something we never recovered from.

If that's all it takes to deflate them, then God help this team.

For someone who consistently whines about other fans being too negative, you're a real doom and gloom type of guy when you actually try to talk football.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BigPete on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Someone please have sloppy diarrhea into a paper bag and throw it into BeaconFavre's face a-la Can't Buy Me Love. May I recommend approaching as if you are going to join him in the game of bags, and then spiking your special 'bag' directly into his mouth area. Be sure to capture it on video for those of us who live far away.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:44 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:Someone please have sloppy diarrhea into a paper bag and throw it into BeaconFavre's face a-la Can't Buy Me Love. May I recommend approaching as if you are going to join him in the game of bags, and then spiking your special 'bag' directly into his mouth area. Be sure to capture it on video for those of us who live far away.

if you go dressed like this

that is some fucked up shit...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium