Parking on Saturday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Parking on Saturday

Postby thebs19 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am

First off - wanna thank anyone who can give insight here ahead of time. Its appreciated.

I live on the South Shore - typically just T it in to games but its a long time commitment and I have a friend coming in Sat morning so I don't have the ability to just leave the house at 8 AM and open up Roggie's. For the same reason, I don't have the ability to get there with the car crazy early and have my pick of the available spots in town. I'll probably be arriving to campus (via the aforementioned car) closer to noon.

Now my question is that with parents being up for this game, are there different parking procedures? And whether or not this is true, 2 hours prior to gametime, I was wondering whats my best bet for parking (proximity to Cleveland Circle is a plus)? Beacon St is all meters, right?

Thanks guys.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Re: Parking on Saturday

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:56 am

Washington St. north of Comm Ave. and south of Washington Square in Brookline are both safe bets.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby thebs19 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Washington St. north of Comm Ave. and south of Washington Square in Brookline are both safe bets.

Fantastic.

Are both of those better than Chestnut Hill T? That was what I thought would be my "safe bet"...
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 am

There's parking near Newton Campus as well. Not sure exactly where but I know a bunch of the side streets are open to parking whenever.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Washington St. north of Comm Ave. and south of Washington Square in Brookline are both safe bets.

Fantastic.

Are both of those better than Chestnut Hill T? That was what I thought would be my "safe bet"...

Are you talking about the Chestnut Hill D Line stop or the Chestnut Hill Ave. B Line stop? Depends what you're looking for. Chestnut Hill D Line stop would be the shortest walk, but you're screwed if it rains. I don't think you'll find anything near the Chestnut Hill Ave. B Line stop. The Washington St. B Line stop allows you to ride the T, which is good if it rains. The Washington Square C Line stop gives you the best accessibility to Cleveland Circle, which you requested.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Where is Adam06's guide from EA?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:11 pm

I haven't done this personally, but I do know of people who park on Wade and the gas station on the corner and get away with it. (And some similar streets in the area)

To be honest, it's probably not your safest best but it is an option if you're in a pinch.

If you can get there in time, I would stick to DGF's idea. The forcast for Saturday is 65 and sunny, so you should be fine.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Mosi on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:18 am

for years I've been parking on Beacon never got a ticket, stop at packie then catch the bus just up from Roggies

works every time, and I'm a so shore guy too
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:24 am

I ahve parked on Hammond Pond Parkway and Beacon without a problem. BC has guys directing people on Hammond so you know its legal.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:20 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Where is Adam06's guide from EA?

http://adamgs.com/bc-information/

Feel free to send me PM's or reply in this thread if you see wrong/outdated info on that page.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 am

The fact that we have a thread remotely like this is patheitc.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:48 am

HJS {l Wrote}:The fact that we have a thread remotely like this is patheitc.

To solve the parking problem, I'll go with the idea from BCI:

You've heard of retractable roofs on baseball stadiums. How about a retractable asphalt parking surface that could extend over the entirety of the Chestnut Hill Reservoir? You've instantly created a temporary tailgating area about the size of BC's main campus and vastly improved the BC tailgating scene.

On Saturdays, open up the Reservoir for tailgating. As the school will have essentially reclaimed otherwise unusable land, said tailgating area would not be subject to the City of Boston's strict tailgating rules. Yes, this temporary area would open 24 hours before kickoff and be Eagles tailgating heaven. On non-game days, simply retract the parking surface to return the Reservoir to its natural aquatic beauty. An added bonus is this tailgating area's proximity to Roggie's, MaryAnn's, Pino's and Presto's for postgame celebratory activities. Win, win, win.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:The fact that we have a thread remotely like this is patheitc.

To solve the parking problem, I'll go with the idea from BCI:

You've heard of retractable roofs on baseball stadiums. How about a retractable asphalt parking surface that could extend over the entirety of the Chestnut Hill Reservoir? You've instantly created a temporary tailgating area about the size of BC's main campus and vastly improved the BC tailgating scene.

On Saturdays, open up the Reservoir for tailgating. As the school will have essentially reclaimed otherwise unusable land, said tailgating area would not be subject to the City of Boston's strict tailgating rules. Yes, this temporary area would open 24 hours before kickoff and be Eagles tailgating heaven. On non-game days, simply retract the parking surface to return the Reservoir to its natural aquatic beauty. An added bonus is this tailgating area's proximity to Roggie's, MaryAnn's, Pino's and Presto's for postgame celebratory activities. Win, win, win.

They are going to have to do something as they reclaim all the fields next to the stadium to build dorms.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 am

Yeah, but how many retractable parking lots are located directly across the street from million dollar homes???????!!1!!!!1!11!1ONE!!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:58 am

I hear the Cowboys built one as part of their new stadium.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium